Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Correct me if I am wrong...

109 posts in this topic

Posted

Not sure yet. I am waiting to see who our new HC is before I decide.

I think JR hires another defensive minded run out the clock coach. If so, trade down for Fairley, pick up a second rounder and pick up best available WR. I am not so certain Moore or Clausen are not good enough to be game managers.

If we go defensive minded again, I really hope we give a hard look at Ron Rivera... He is capable of running the 3-4 but he has ran the 4-3 in Chicago..

He could also bring with him John Ramsdell, who is the QB coach for SD who has developed guys like Phillip Rivers and Kurt Warner, just imagine what he would do with a guy like Luck.

Posted

the way the league is shifting/changing......game managers ain't enough. You need a legit NFL QB. How many teams in our division have QBs in to simply "not lose" games.

Disagree. We are now on the downswing of the high power offense pendulum. People said the same thing in the late 90s with the greatest show on turf. Then came the bucs and ravens superbowl wins with brad johnson and trent dilfer winning the big games.

Posted

how many top 20 D's did Big Ben play against his SR yr? Or his entire college career?

Be careful what you parse.

Posted

lol

Funny how just bringing up the fact that Luck may not be Peyton Manning and all of a sudden people get defensive.

Good lord its been a long season. You all have gone bat shit crazy.

Posted

Disagree. We are now on the downswing of the high power offense pendulum. People said the same thing in the late 90s with the greatest show on turf. Then came the bucs and ravens superbowl wins with brad johnson and trent dilfer winning the big games.

well, during that time span they didn't amend the rules of the game to favor the passing offense like they have now done in recent history.

the game is setup now to take advantage of the pass......doesn't make sense to try to stay away from that and just hope for a gamemanager.

1 person likes this

Posted

wait, what?!

someone isn't buying into the hype?

like...woah.

1 person likes this

Posted

Troll fail.

Posted

Be sure to leave predictions on both sides of the fence. That way you can say I told you so no matter what.

1 person likes this

Posted

lol

So either Luck is a god or a bust. No room for any discussion in the middle.

Posted

he won't be a bust...he just won't be elite.

Posted

Zod is not an idiot.

He doesn't really buy the poo he is spewing.

Posted

If only there were another #1 QB draft pick from Stanford to whom we could compare him.

1 person likes this