Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Zod

Correct me if I am wrong...

109 posts in this topic

...... I am not so certain Moore or Clausen are not good enough to be game managers.

:mad2: Good enough?? Is that what we are going to settle for? And what franchise has ever been consistently good with a game manager?? Enough of this mindset. How often is this franchise going to be in the position to draft a potential franchise QB. Not very often I hope. And if Luck does not declare and whomever the next coach is, and our GM think Newton, Mallet, Locker or other can be a franchise guy then they have to take one of those. If not at #1, then maybe trade down, get another pick and take one.

:beatdeadhorse5: to good enough and settling for a game mananager. :beatdeadhorse5:

:mad2: Good enough?? Is that what we are going to settle for? And what franchise has ever been consistently good with a game manager?? Enough of this mindset. How often is this franchise going to be in the position to draft a potential franchise QB. Not very often I hope. And if Luck does not declare and whomever the next coach is, and our GM think Newton, Mallet, Locker or other can be a franchise guy then they have to take one of those. If not at #1, then maybe trade down, get another pick and take one.

:beatdeadhorse5: to good enough and settling for a game mananager. :beatdeadhorse5:

I agree i get tried of people wanting Game mang. and not a elite QB. Why do people want 2 be avg. at that position?

Excuse me for being interested in how he faired against non QB stat padding defenses.

VT is a top 20. Game is Jan 3. I think every panther fan will be watching.

I will be at the 50 yard line...should be one hell of a game

I am really interested to see how he does against Hosley and company who are the higlight of VTs D this year.

How many did Newton play against?

At least 3:

Alabama, LSU, Clemson

(and Miss State is 27th)

Zod's comment is perhaps the only thing I have heard that could be negative or cast doubt on Luck. If that is all, pick Luck.

we should just roll with Clausen.

we should just roll with Clausen.

Sarcasm right?

Armanti Edwards was 17/23 for 227yds and 3td's passing and rushed for 62 yards and another td against then #5 Michigan in 2007 and the general consensus is that he is not an NFL caliber quarterback.

What does this mean? That looking at individual game statistics as a barometer for success is foolish and is just a shallow way to justify a fake argument.

AE outplayed Michigan compared to Pickles with less starts. Though I wish AE would be given a shot at QB in a game.

The only time I hope to see Clausen start ever again is in a backup role. Nothing more.

assuming playing a tough schedule with tough defenses in college (lol) is what determines

who is a bust and who is not. I mean by that conclusion every QB from a big school should've made it

the way the league is shifting/changing......game managers ain't enough. You need a legit NFL QB. How many teams in our division have QBs in to simply "not lose" games.

Exactly! Besides the NFC West, which teams that are heading to the playoffs or are contenders, have just a game managing QB? NONE! Every one of them teams have a QB that can air it out. Its useless to have a great running game and have a mediocore passing game.

Just for example I think of Greenbay, they have no running game. Aaron Rodgers dominates secondarys just about every week. Basically all defenses have to do is stop him and they can. Last year our rushing offense was at the top of the leauge and still no playoffs... They've gotten it together towards the end of this year, but its not enough. Need to be able to pass the ball.

This leauge is changing and if this organization want to have playoff appearences again, then its time for a change. Need a quarterback that'll can throw for 3 or 4 thousand yards if needed to.

With a Quarterback like that this whole team will get better. Recievers will shine, running game will be alot better, Defensive will be able to rest to all them to have better play. Although what would help defense play better is a DT to break up the pocket! Thats a big priority on defense.

1 person likes this