Photo
- - - - -

Correct me if I am wrong...

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
108 replies to this topic

#31 Chaos

Chaos

@chaos_cltsports

• ALL-PRO
  • 9,579 posts

Posted 28 December 2010 - 10:26 AM

Not sure yet. I am waiting to see who our new HC is before I decide.

I think JR hires another defensive minded run out the clock coach. If so, trade down for Fairley, pick up a second rounder and pick up best available WR. I am not so certain Moore or Clausen are not good enough to be game managers.

You motor-boatin' sonofabitch, you old sailor you!!

Every member of this esteemed forum should clear their calendar on the night of January 3rd, because you have an important assignment as previously mentioned. We must watch the orange bowl, take off the Cardinal red-colored glasses, and try to evaluate this kid's game against a legit college defense on a neutral field in a big-game environment.

Then, there should be lots of healthy debate starting that night and the morning of January 4th. No excuses, all must watch! You too, Martin Hurney.

#32 Jhyler12

Jhyler12

Go Time!

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 632 posts

Posted 28 December 2010 - 10:28 AM

I hope Luck turns out to be half as good as most people on the huddle are saying he is otherwise another draft and few seasons down the tubes. I never watched the kid play but we do not need a bust again!

#33 Third Degree

Third Degree

Socks are for your feet, silly

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,989 posts

Posted 28 December 2010 - 10:31 AM

If Luck doesn't come out, pick Fairley. You don't trade down, because who will trade up to get Peterson or Green? Nobody.

#34 PanthaSan

PanthaSan

Sith Bewbie Padawan....

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,860 posts

Posted 28 December 2010 - 10:33 AM

Posted Image

Dibs on the one in yellow!

#35 Neylus

Neylus

Limited Edition

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 796 posts

Posted 28 December 2010 - 10:36 AM

Not taking the cheese, uh uh.

#36 Erik Stall

Erik Stall

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 28 December 2010 - 10:51 AM

You motor-boatin' sonofabitch, you old sailor you!!

Every member of this esteemed forum should clear their calendar on the night of January 3rd, because you have an important assignment as previously mentioned. We must watch the orange bowl, take off the Cardinal red-colored glasses, and try to evaluate this kid's game against a legit college defense on a neutral field in a big-game environment.

Then, there should be lots of healthy debate starting that night and the morning of January 4th. No excuses, all must watch! You too, Martin Hurney.

Even if Luck tears it up against VT, what does that prove? This is the same team that gave up 21 to James Madison earlier this year.

In any case, regardless if you consider Luck God, very good, pretty good or just good, he needs to be the pick. This isn't a "game manager" league anymore. Look at the QBs in the playoffs: Brady, Roethlisberger, Cassel, Manning, Flacco, Sanchez, Ryan, Cutler, Vick, Bradford, Brees, Rodgers. With the exception of Sanchez and maybe Flacco, all of those guys are pretty damn good. In fact, the only QBs missing from this list that enter into the discussion are Rivers and Schaub. But they've got non-existent defenses.

#37 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 21,985 posts

Posted 28 December 2010 - 10:57 AM

For the record I have not gone Lady Gaga over Luck. Or Newton. It's a roll of the dice with every pick.

Cutler is the only qb in the last couple of years that fits the profile of going against top notch D's with SEC.
Flacco and Big Ben played D1AA and mid major football and both have been to the playoffs multiple times. Two SB's for Big Ben. Sure having a great D helps but the qb's have played well.
Matt Ryan has played in the ACC. A casual look at the ACC and you want to puke, but the ACC has produced very good NFL defenders the last few years.

I have no issues with Luck or Newton and so far, no hint of red flags for me. The Panthers have what appears to be one of the more safter #1 overall picks coming up. For the record, I totally didn't think Alex Smith was the overall top pick when he came out either.

#38 House

House

Fly Navy

• HUDDLER
  • 2,481 posts

Posted 28 December 2010 - 11:00 AM

Well, his college coach said that he was the best QB he has ever seen. What greater endorsement of a player do you need?

Especially because the college coaches for guys like Leaf and Russell were practically begging teams not to pick thier busted ass players.

#39 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 19,451 posts

Posted 28 December 2010 - 11:01 AM

But Luck faced a top 20 defense once this season.

He was 29 of 46, 241 yards, 2 scores, 2 picks.

Not saying the kid is not a legit NFL QB, but seriously, most of you are completely delusional with how much you are building him up.

Well played Zod....posting more controversial statements to generate more traffic on the board.

You are a Capitalist Pig at heart....and I respect that.

#40 Montsta

Montsta

Rest In Peace

• ALL-PRO
  • 7,108 posts

Posted 28 December 2010 - 11:10 AM

The hype alone will make him an 83+ overall on Madden, and that's really all that matters. I will dominate once again. :D

#41 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

• HUDDLER
  • 12,733 posts

Posted 28 December 2010 - 11:10 AM

Armanti Edwards was 17/23 for 227yds and 3td's passing and rushed for 62 yards and another td against then #5 Michigan in 2007 and the general consensus is that he is not an NFL caliber quarterback.

What does this mean? That looking at individual game statistics as a barometer for success is foolish and is just a shallow way to justify a fake argument.

#42 HSCBandit07

HSCBandit07

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,118 posts

Posted 28 December 2010 - 11:15 AM

For the record I have not gone Lady Gaga over Luck. Or Newton. It's a roll of the dice with every pick.

Cutler is the only qb in the last couple of years that fits the profile of going against top notch D's with SEC.
Flacco and Big Ben played D1AA and mid major football and both have been to the playoffs multiple times. Two SB's for Big Ben. Sure having a great D helps but the qb's have played well.
Matt Ryan has played in the ACC. A casual look at the ACC and you want to puke, but the ACC has produced very good NFL defenders the last few years.

I have no issues with Luck or Newton and so far, no hint of red flags for me. The Panthers have what appears to be one of the more safter #1 overall picks coming up. For the record, I totally didn't think Alex Smith was the overall top pick when he came out either.

Aside from character and mechanics issues you mean?

#43 TheRealDeal

TheRealDeal

• TROLLOLOL
  • 12,418 posts

Posted 28 December 2010 - 11:30 AM

Not sure yet. I am waiting to see who our new HC is before I decide.

I think JR hires another defensive minded run out the clock coach. If so, trade down for Fairley, pick up a second rounder and pick up best available WR. I am not so certain Moore or Clausen are not good enough to be game managers.

the way the league is shifting/changing......game managers ain't enough. You need a legit NFL QB. How many teams in our division have QBs in to simply "not lose" games.

I have to disagree again. There is only one team that is dominating based on the pass alone with a few .500ish teams mixed in. To win in this league you must be able to run the ball and stop the run.

ATL got exposed last night when Turner got shut down. NO got beat bad the week before when they couldn't run the ball. Steelers run the ball and stop the run. KC runs the ball and stops the run.

You can believe in Manning, Rivers, Green Bay, Houston all you want but not one of those teams is in the playoffs yet.

QBs that can air it out will often times get you on SportsCenter but the ones that win championships have great defenses and run games behind them.

#44 X-Clown

X-Clown

Positive Polly

• HUDDLER
  • 5,404 posts

Posted 28 December 2010 - 11:32 AM

But Luck faced a top 20 defense once this season.

He was 29 of 46, 241 yards, 2 scores, 2 picks.

Not saying the kid is not a legit NFL QB, but seriously, most of you are completely delusional with how much you are building him up.

Check out this almost identical statline:

26 of 41, 256 yards, 2 TDs, 2 picks

That was Sam Bradford's statline against Florida in the national championship game in a loss.

Edited by X-Clown, 28 December 2010 - 11:34 AM.

#45 Dollar Store Dave

Dollar Store Dave

Formerly Know As Ruff

• HUDDLER
  • 7,786 posts

Posted 28 December 2010 - 11:35 AM

QBs that can air it out will often times get you on SportsCenter but the ones that win championships have great defenses and run games behind them.

The Patriots run the ball, but it is out of an almost spread offense. Brady throws the ball loads. Granted, they do play great defense, but they don't win by running the ball.

The establish the intermediate pass, loosen up the defense, then run.

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com