Photo
- - - - -

Correct me if I am wrong...

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
108 replies to this topic

#85 MHS831

MHS831

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 28 December 2010 - 03:53 PM

Zod's comment is perhaps the only thing I have heard that could be negative or cast doubt on Luck. If that is all, pick Luck.

#86 Jangler

Jangler

oddly perched

HUDDLER

Posted 28 December 2010 - 04:12 PM

we should just roll with Clausen.

#87 jtnc

jtnc

Resident Asshole

HUDDLER

Posted 28 December 2010 - 04:18 PM

we should just roll with Clausen.

Sarcasm right?

#88 ElkinPanthersFan

ElkinPanthersFan

Voice of Reason

SUPPORTER

Posted 28 December 2010 - 04:21 PM

Armanti Edwards was 17/23 for 227yds and 3td's passing and rushed for 62 yards and another td against then #5 Michigan in 2007 and the general consensus is that he is not an NFL caliber quarterback.

What does this mean? That looking at individual game statistics as a barometer for success is foolish and is just a shallow way to justify a fake argument.

AE outplayed Michigan compared to Pickles with less starts. Though I wish AE would be given a shot at QB in a game.

The only time I hope to see Clausen start ever again is in a backup role. Nothing more.

#89 frash.exe

frash.exe

Freddy Frashbear

HUDDLER

Posted 28 December 2010 - 04:33 PM

assuming playing a tough schedule with tough defenses in college (lol) is what determines
who is a bust and who is not. I mean by that conclusion every QB from a big school should've made it

#90 LaChance87

LaChance87

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 28 December 2010 - 04:33 PM

the way the league is shifting/changing......game managers ain't enough. You need a legit NFL QB. How many teams in our division have QBs in to simply "not lose" games.

Exactly! Besides the NFC West, which teams that are heading to the playoffs or are contenders, have just a game managing QB? NONE! Every one of them teams have a QB that can air it out. Its useless to have a great running game and have a mediocore passing game.
Just for example I think of Greenbay, they have no running game. Aaron Rodgers dominates secondarys just about every week. Basically all defenses have to do is stop him and they can. Last year our rushing offense was at the top of the leauge and still no playoffs... They've gotten it together towards the end of this year, but its not enough. Need to be able to pass the ball.
This leauge is changing and if this organization want to have playoff appearences again, then its time for a change. Need a quarterback that'll can throw for 3 or 4 thousand yards if needed to.
With a Quarterback like that this whole team will get better. Recievers will shine, running game will be alot better, Defensive will be able to rest to all them to have better play. Although what would help defense play better is a DT to break up the pocket! Thats a big priority on defense.

#91 TheRealDeal

TheRealDeal

TROLLOLOL

Posted 28 December 2010 - 04:36 PM

HP and KoolKat are back. I missed you guys. I'm not doing anything but pointing out facts, as usual.

You can interpret them anyway you like.

#92 TheRealDeal

TheRealDeal

TROLLOLOL

Posted 28 December 2010 - 04:39 PM

Exactly! Besides the NFC West, which teams that are heading to the playoffs or are contenders, have just a game managing QB? NONE! Every one of them teams have a QB that can air it out. Its useless to have a great running game and have a mediocore passing game.
Just for example I think of Greenbay, they have no running game. Aaron Rodgers dominates secondarys just about every week. Basically all defenses have to do is stop him and they can. Last year our rushing offense was at the top of the leauge and still no playoffs... They've gotten it together towards the end of this year, but its not enough. Need to be able to pass the ball.
This leauge is changing and if this organization want to have playoff appearences again, then its time for a change. Need a quarterback that'll can throw for 3 or 4 thousand yards if needed to.
With a Quarterback like that this whole team will get better. Recievers will shine, running game will be alot better, Defensive will be able to rest to all them to have better play. Although what would help defense play better is a DT to break up the pocket! Thats a big priority on defense.

Please see earlier post on top passing offenses (for 3 or 4 thousand yards if needed) and tell me how many are legit.

Most people want a game manager they are just scared to death of that word. There are MAYBE 5-6 elite QBs in the NFL. The rest just try and not get in the way and let the run game and defense handle it.

#93 LaChance87

LaChance87

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 28 December 2010 - 04:42 PM

AE outplayed Michigan compared to Pickles with less starts. Though I wish AE would be given a shot at QB in a game.

The only time I hope to see Clausen start ever again is in a backup role. Nothing more.

Everyone remember this? Rule of 26-27-60... Most of the time this has proven correct.
http://sportsillustr...rule/index.html

#94 Jangler

Jangler

oddly perched

HUDDLER

Posted 28 December 2010 - 04:44 PM

Sarcasm right?

I don't know, the first time I said it about 30 posts ago...it was deleted, so somebody thought I was serious...

:ciappa:

But if Luck doesn't declare for the draft don't be surprised if we go with Clausen and a FA vet.

Edited by Jangler, 28 December 2010 - 05:03 PM.

#95 ElkinPanthersFan

ElkinPanthersFan

Voice of Reason

SUPPORTER

Posted 28 December 2010 - 04:51 PM

Everyone remember this? Rule of 26-27-60... Most of the time this has proven correct.
http://sportsillustr...rule/index.html

Clausen scored a 23 Wonderlic/35 starts/63% passing and AE a 29 wonderlic/49 starts/65% passing. Food for thought.

Edited by ElkinPanthersFan, 28 December 2010 - 04:56 PM.

#96 Kevin Greene

Kevin Greene

Blazing Trails Thru the NFC South

HUDDLER

Posted 28 December 2010 - 10:41 PM

Zod is not an idiot.

He doesn't really buy the poo he is spewing.

Move this thread to the Luck catchall. :ciappa: