Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Panthers_Lover

Hill Republican: Stimulus aids illegal immigrants

69 posts in this topic

how do you pay taxes without a SSN? I'm curious...

It's called a Taxpayer ID #

how do you pay taxes without a SSN? I'm curious...

You get an "alternate" number ... like the article says. It's still an illegal benefiting .... the world is crazy.

jesus. the bottom line is this: you have inviduals who are not legally supposed to be in this country, nor are they entitled to it...yet they are handed the opportunity to reap its benefits at the expense of legal citizens and their rights.

It does suck. But no one really cares, this includes democrats and republicans. Hey their jobs ain't at stake!

Didn't realize they were paying taxes. My full apologies. Democrats still piss me off, though. How is this stimulating the economy? Every dollar is going back to their families in Mexico.

dont apologize. who cares if they're paying taxes. theyre ILLEGAL...not supposed to be here. they shouldnt be in the position to where they have the opportunity to pay taxes in the first place. whats the purpose of having laws if they mean nothing?

jesus. the bottom line is this: you have inviduals who are not legally supposed to be in this country, nor are they entitled to it...yet they are handed the opportunity to reap its benefits at the expense of legal citizens and their rights.

Look. This is just bitching for the sake of bitching. You want a stimulus for the people? OK. Here's a stimulus. But to turn around and bitch about the stimulus by saying, "Wait, wait, wait... some illegals that pay taxes are going to get this stimulus too!!!"

Everyone acknowledges that illegal immigration is a problem for the US. But, I'm sorry, but I feel our current economic situation is a much larger and more pressing problem.

Look. This is just bitching for the sake of bitching. You want a stimulus for the people? OK. Here's a stimulus. But to turn around and bitch about the stimulus by saying, "Wait, wait, wait... some illegals that pay taxes are going to get this stimulus too!!!"

Everyone acknowledges that illegal immigration is a problem for the US. But, I'm sorry, but I feel our current economic situation is a much larger and more pressing problem.

I agree, which is why I don't understand why we're using a lot of this money in ways that won't get the economy back up on its feet. When it is on its feet, THEN worry about your pork projects. Now, however, is not the time.

dont apologize. who cares if they're paying taxes. theyre ILLEGAL...not supposed to be here. they shouldnt be in the position to where they have the opportunity to pay taxes in the first place. whats the purpose of having laws if they mean nothing?

heh that's kinda funny. People shouldn't have access to my bank account, it's illegal, but if they want to deposit money to it I think I'll look the other way.

the stimulous bill is absurd. im am against it for obvious reasons.

Guess what, at least as many Republicans hire illegals as Dems. In fact, probably more. Illegals are a fact of life for everyone, and your whining will not change it.

The prudent solution is to make a path for citizenship, and make them pay taxes - both are goals generally supported by Democrats.

the stimulous bill is absurd. im am against it for obvious reasons.

Right. Because it's a Democrat-sponsored bill. Say no more. Don't you dare cross that aisle