Photo
- - - - -

Hill Republican: Stimulus aids illegal immigrants

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
68 replies to this topic

#16 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,983 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 02:11 PM

Look. This is just bitching for the sake of bitching. You want a stimulus for the people? OK. Here's a stimulus. But to turn around and bitch about the stimulus by saying, "Wait, wait, wait... some illegals that pay taxes are going to get this stimulus too!!!"

Everyone acknowledges that illegal immigration is a problem for the US. But, I'm sorry, but I feel our current economic situation is a much larger and more pressing problem.

I agree, which is why I don't understand why we're using a lot of this money in ways that won't get the economy back up on its feet. When it is on its feet, THEN worry about your pork projects. Now, however, is not the time.

#17 natty

natty

• HUDDLER
  • 4,767 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 02:11 PM

dont apologize. who cares if they're paying taxes. theyre ILLEGAL...not supposed to be here. they shouldnt be in the position to where they have the opportunity to pay taxes in the first place. whats the purpose of having laws if they mean nothing?

heh that's kinda funny. People shouldn't have access to my bank account, it's illegal, but if they want to deposit money to it I think I'll look the other way.

#18 venom

venom

oneinfiniteconsciousness

• HUDDLER
  • 7,923 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 02:12 PM

Look. This is just bitching for the sake of bitching. You want a stimulus for the people? OK. Here's a stimulus. But to turn around and bitch about the stimulus by saying, "Wait, wait, wait... some illegals that pay taxes are going to get this stimulus too!!!"

Everyone acknowledges that illegal immigration is a problem for the US. But, I'm sorry, but I feel our current economic situation is a much larger and more pressing problem.

the stimulous bill is absurd. im am against it for obvious reasons.

#19 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

Grey Poupon Elitest Trash

• ALL-PRO
  • 23,617 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 02:15 PM

Guess what, at least as many Republicans hire illegals as Dems. In fact, probably more. Illegals are a fact of life for everyone, and your whining will not change it.

The prudent solution is to make a path for citizenship, and make them pay taxes - both are goals generally supported by Democrats.

#20 dimbee

dimbee

Rabble Rouser

• HUDDLER
  • 7,915 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 02:18 PM

the stimulous bill is absurd. im am against it for obvious reasons.

Right. Because it's a Democrat-sponsored bill. Say no more. Don't you dare cross that aisle

#21 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 16,132 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 02:18 PM

Hill Republican: Stupid

#22 venom

venom

oneinfiniteconsciousness

• HUDDLER
  • 7,923 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 02:21 PM

Guess what, at least as many Republicans hire illegals as Dems. In fact, probably more. Illegals are a fact of life for everyone, and your whining will not change it.

The prudent solution is to make a path for citizenship, and make them pay taxes - both are goals generally supported by Democrats.

both parties are to blame, yes. however, i question how you came up with the conclusion that republicans are more to blame. the government as a whole is to blame for allowing this to happen in the first place.

#23 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

• ALL-PRO
  • 23,617 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 02:25 PM

No, private companies hiring illegals are "to blame". The laws are pretty clear. You can say that the government does not do enough to enforce the law, but the people who hire illegals are breaking the law.

It's academic now. They are a vital part of our society, and we are to a certain extent dependent on each other.

The reason I say "probably more" Republicans are hiring them is that more business owners seem to identify themselves as Republicans. It's an obervation, not a statement of fact.

#24 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

• ALL-PRO
  • 23,617 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 02:25 PM

But it is good to know that you favor bigger government when it comes to things important to you.

#25 Panthers_Lover

Panthers_Lover

• HUDDLER
  • 4,108 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 02:28 PM

Back it up .... link?

Also, what, exactly, would that "path for citizenship" look like?

#26 Panthers_Lover

Panthers_Lover

• HUDDLER
  • 4,108 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 02:29 PM

Right. Because it's a Democrat-sponsored bill. Say no more. Don't you dare cross that aisle

I'm against it, and was against Bush's stimulus/bailout crap ... what aisle?

#27 venom

venom

oneinfiniteconsciousness

• HUDDLER
  • 7,923 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 02:31 PM

uh ok? its absurd because no one deserves a free handout. period. its absurd because the bill rewards individuals who do not pay taxes, at the expense of taxpayers. how is that fair? ive been against every stimulous/bailout that has come into play thus far.

Edited by venom, 29 January 2009 - 02:33 PM.

#28 dimbee

dimbee

Rabble Rouser

• HUDDLER
  • 7,915 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 02:31 PM

The aisle that separates the Republicans from the Democrats

#29 venom

venom

oneinfiniteconsciousness

• HUDDLER
  • 7,923 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 02:32 PM

But it is good to know that you favor bigger government when it comes to things important to you.

uh, what?

#30 dimbee

dimbee

Rabble Rouser

• HUDDLER
  • 7,915 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 02:33 PM

its absurd because no one deserves a free handout. period.

:lol: You better stay away from water buckets... you might melt. No bailout... ok. Great Depression II, here we come!!!! Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

its absurd because the bill rewards individuals who do not pay taxes, at the expense of taxpayers. how is that fair?

Where are you getting this from? Again, the illegals that you're talking about DO in fact pay taxes, they're just illegal immigrants. Keep your arguments straight

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com