Photo
- - - - -

The British Called...They Want Their Guns Back!

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#16 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,393 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 11:52 PM

They would feel safe if they took advantage of their Bill of Rights.

if you feel safe just because you have a gun you are stupid. carrying a gun makes you less safe.

#17 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 15,393 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 11:53 PM

is everything a joke to you?

everything you say, yes.

#18 engine9

engine9

shoota muhfukkaina minute

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,089 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 11:53 PM

if you feel safe just because you have a gun you are stupid. carrying a gun makes you less safe.

If you held me in your manly arms and I had a gun but it was unloaded yet the magazine was nearby I'd feel safest of all.

#19 venom

venom

oneinfiniteconsciousness

• HUDDLER
  • 7,531 posts
  • LocationPleiades

Posted 30 January 2009 - 12:45 AM

based on what, rodeology? you have zero proof of this. england serves as a prime example to prove the exact opposite of what you claim. stop wasting our time with your ignorant remarks

#20 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 15,393 posts

Posted 30 January 2009 - 10:06 AM

based on what, rodeology? you have zero proof of this. england serves as a prime example to prove the exact opposite of what you claim. stop wasting our time with your ignorant remarks

you're more likely to be killed by a tiger if you have a tiger. you're more likely to be killed by a grenade if you have a grenade. you're more likely to be killed by a gun if you have a gun.

#21 Panther'sBigD

Panther'sBigD

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 473 posts

Posted 30 January 2009 - 10:20 AM

I'm a big proponent of gun rights, but I can say at least from my experience in the UK back in early 2008, the streets there were safer. We walked everywhere, only taking public transportation to reach different cities, and we were out very late at night many times in bad parts of town. It felt a lot safer over there. You're more likely to get stabbed or beaten with a steel pipe over there and that's unlikely unless you go looking for trouble.

#22 engine9

engine9

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,089 posts

Posted 30 January 2009 - 10:25 AM

you're more likely to be killed by a tiger if you have a tiger. you're more likely to be killed by a grenade if you have a grenade. you're more likely to be killed by a gun if you have a gun.

oh noez! obamaz gonna take my car!!

#23 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 15,393 posts

Posted 30 January 2009 - 10:27 AM

i didn't say anything should be taken, i just made a comment on how stupid it is to think you're safer because you have a gun when the opposite is true.

your point fits in with what i'm saying. you're more likely to get in a car wreck if you have a car.

#24 Murph

Murph

Joe Cool

• HUDDLER
  • 3,886 posts
  • LocationRound about here

Posted 30 January 2009 - 10:35 AM

I have a peace lilly sitting on my desk right next to me and I think it is "eyeing" me in a sinister way.

Excuse me, I'm going to throw it out the window.

#25 venom

venom

oneinfiniteconsciousness

• HUDDLER
  • 7,531 posts
  • LocationPleiades

Posted 30 January 2009 - 10:41 AM

i didn't say anything should be taken, i just made a comment on how stupid it is to think you're safer because you have a gun when the opposite is true.

history tells a different story, and your analogies are childish.

#26 Fiz

Fiz

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 10,856 posts

Posted 30 January 2009 - 10:59 AM

history tells a different story, and your analogies are childish.

i remember how gun owners in america triumphantly rose up and opposed the bush administration while it lied to them about the reasons to wage war in iraq and systematically stripped them of their civil liberties.

#27 Guest_CatofWar_*

Guest_CatofWar_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 January 2009 - 01:47 PM

My family and I are safer b/c I own and know how to use weapons. We will not be victims and you shouldn't have to be either. If you choose to not own a firearm, that's your choice. But please do not say that law abiding citizens who chose not to be a statistic are more likely to be killed. That is a farce. People are killed and raped every single day. There is no easy way to offer a solution. But if they chose to arm themselves, then they could in turn defend themselves.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by CatofWar, 30 January 2009 - 01:55 PM.

#28 engine9

engine9

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,089 posts

Posted 30 January 2009 - 02:54 PM

your point fits in with what i'm saying. you're more likely to get in a car wreck if you have a car.

I think the logic could hold statistically but in that logic it would have to be one's own tiger, car, gun, etc. While the # of gun murders and attacks may be high, the #'s for accidental gun injuries are low. Key word accidental, as in self inflicted or inflicting on someone near you without intention. If that is what you mean then I most certainly agree with you, as you can't harm yourself with that which you do not have. I would disagree if you meant that the odds are better of one getting shot by a criminal if they themselves are armed as well.

#29 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 15,393 posts

Posted 30 January 2009 - 03:10 PM

My family and I are safer b/c I own and know how to use weapons. We will not be victims and you shouldn't have to be either. If you choose to not own a firearm, that's your choice. But please do not say that law abiding citizens who chose not to be a statistic are more likely to be killed. That is a farce. People are killed and raped every single day. There is no easy way to offer a solution. But if they chose to arm themselves, then they could in turn defend themselves.

having a gun does not make you a super hero. if you're going to be killed, you're going to be killed. the only difference is being around gun makes you more likely to be shot by one. your kids are less safe.

#30 venom

venom

oneinfiniteconsciousness

• HUDDLER
  • 7,531 posts
  • LocationPleiades

Posted 30 January 2009 - 03:13 PM

i remember how gun owners in america triumphantly rose up and opposed the bush administration while it lied to them about the reasons to wage war in iraq and systematically stripped them of their civil liberties.

oh jesus here we go...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.