Photo
- - - - -

was the armanti edwards trade the worst in franchise history?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
87 replies to this topic

#76 Sloth

Sloth

idk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 29 December 2010 - 11:53 AM

If burning a 2nd is in play as one of our franchises worst mistakes we're doing pretty ok.

#77 Kettle

Kettle

I'm Stainless.

HUDDLER

Posted 29 December 2010 - 11:56 AM

If burning a 2nd is in play as one of our franchises worst mistakes we're doing pretty ok.

I'd rather be positioned like the pats with 6 picks in the first 3 rounds.

#78 Sloth

Sloth

idk

HUDDLER

Posted 29 December 2010 - 11:58 AM

I'd rather be positioned like the pats with 6 picks in the first 3 rounds.

Yeah, but they need the extra ammo because of how terrible they draft.

#79 AceMan

AceMan

Huddle Vet

HUDDLER

Posted 29 December 2010 - 12:05 PM

Keep in mind that the pick we gave up was a 2011 2nd rounder, so it wouldn't be fair to judge anything prior to the 2011 season, b/c we wouldn't have had that pick anyway....

That wouldn't work because if he was doing well, we wouldn't use that same logic

Also, I actually consider the Delhomme extension as one of the worst in franchise history despite the excuses that it saved cap, Peppers forced it on us, and/or it didn't hurt us in a cap-free season

Edited by AceMan, 29 December 2010 - 12:10 PM.

#80 bigdog10

bigdog10

HUDDLER

Posted 29 December 2010 - 12:18 PM

IF AE performs better than the #33 pick in this draft then the answer is no

#81 pantherclaw

pantherclaw

Wise Ass

HUDDLER

Posted 29 December 2010 - 02:06 PM

I like the fact that the front office has had the conviction to go after a guI like the fact that the front office has had the conviction to go after a guy they think highly of.

Whether or not I agree with the player picked doesn't matter.

Edited by pantherclaw, 29 December 2010 - 02:09 PM.

#82 ElkinPanthersFan

ElkinPanthersFan

Voice of Reason

SUPPORTER

Posted 29 December 2010 - 02:58 PM

Just goes to show who has been a Panthers fan since before the 03 Bandwagonning.

#83 mwright350

mwright350

Thy Jimmies shall be Rustled

SUPPORTER

Posted 29 December 2010 - 03:02 PM

There is absolutely no way in the world that this trade is worse than the Gilbert debacle.

No no no no

#84 ElkinPanthersFan

ElkinPanthersFan

Voice of Reason

SUPPORTER

Posted 29 December 2010 - 03:15 PM

The 98 trade set the Panthers back 4 years. We had decent WR's during the time span with Moose, Ismail, and Jeffers,but our running game suffered with the oft injured, fumble prone Biakabutuka. However, our defense was terrible from 99-01. We drafted Weinke in 2001 and let Beuerlein go @ QB and the offense totally feel apart.

Rashard Anderson (CB) was our 1st rounder in 2000 and was a disaster and in 98, Jason Peter (DT) was the first rounder. The only notable players in 3 draft classes were Mike Rucker, Hannibal Navies (LB), and Donald Hayes (WR/ST). 3 years of bad draft setup the 2001 debacle. However, Seifert left us a gift in 2001 in Kris Jenkins, Dan Morgan, Steve Smith, and special teams ace Jarrod Cooper. Never will this trade be worse because AE will not set this franchise back 3 years.

#85 coxc63

coxc63

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 29 December 2010 - 03:16 PM

I've been a fan since the panthers existence. At the time of the Gilbert trade I was too young to comprehend the whole FA/trading debacle. But that doesn't mean I jumped on the bandwagon after our SB season. But on a side note if we traded this yrs first to move up and get clausen then that would be the 2nd if not worst trade in panthers history. I wasn't high on the clausen pick when Tate was available and the AE pick blew my mind, this entire draft was WTF r u doing hurney smh ridiculous. I'm glad Gettis has been as productive as he has, and Lafell has already played better than DJ could of ever thought abt playing. Pugh has been solid and Greg Hardy looks to be a future pro bowl DE. So I can't really hate on this draft, but if the pats get a stud at the 33rd pick ima be highly pissed, we have 1 game left get AE on the field.

#86 ElkinPanthersFan

ElkinPanthersFan

Voice of Reason

SUPPORTER

Posted 29 December 2010 - 03:19 PM

I've been a fan since the panthers existence. At the time of the Gilbert trade I was too young to comprehend the whole FA/trading debacle. But that doesn't mean I jumped on the bandwagon after our SB season. But on a side note if we traded this yrs first to move up and get clausen then that would be the 2nd if not worst trade in panthers history. I wasn't high on the clausen pick when Tate was available and the AE pick blew my mind, this entire draft was WTF r u doing hurney smh ridiculous. I'm glad Gettis has been as productive as he has, and Lafell has already played better than DJ could of ever thought abt playing. Pugh has been solid and Greg Hardy looks to be a future pro bowl DE. So I can't really hate on this draft, but if the pats get a stud at the 33rd pick ima be highly pissed, we have 1 game left get AE on the field.

Did I mention your name specifically? Looking at the posts just tell you who hopped on in 2003.

#87 coxc63

coxc63

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 29 December 2010 - 03:33 PM

Did I mention your name specifically? Looking at the posts just tell you who hopped on in 2003.

LOL no just saying in general, wasn't trying to backlash at you. I only started paying attention to the FA/trades in abt '01 to '02, b4 that I didn't understand it. Chill a little man, its simple to tell who's a bandwagoner and who's not. Well not in the NO fanbase or Dalls cuz I dnt think 20% of their fanbases are true fans.

#88 thefuzz

thefuzz

coppin a feel

SUPPORTER

Posted 29 December 2010 - 04:01 PM

I hated it at the time, and hate it now. It's one of the reasons that I want Hurney fired, but it wasn't the worst trade for us all time.

This decade....yes, but not all time.