Photo
- - - - -

Gotta love him ....

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
50 replies to this topic

#46 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,297 posts

Posted 02 February 2009 - 08:04 PM

Mostly because after four of those years we'll have someone decent in there.

If the economy recovers, and we don't suffer some catastrophe, then Obama will be re-elected.

And I definitely hope the economy recovers and we don't suffer some catastrophe.

#47 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

• HUDDLER
  • 15,983 posts

Posted 02 February 2009 - 08:07 PM

If the economy recovers, and we don't suffer some catastrophe, then Obama will be re-elected.

And I definitely hope the economy recovers and we don't suffer some catastrophe.

I think the economy will bounce back, but I respectfully disagree. Four years. He won't get all of those voters back to the polls again.

#48 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 17,297 posts

Posted 02 February 2009 - 08:22 PM

I think the economy will bounce back, but I respectfully disagree. Four years. He won't get all of those voters back to the polls again.

And if things improve, he will win over new ones. Name one president in the last 100 years who lost when the economy was successful and things were going well. Bush I lost midway because of a struggling economy. Johnson and Truman due to war issues. Carter due to the Iran Hostage crisis and a bad economy. And then there was Hoover.

On the other hand, Reagan, Bush II, Clinton, and Ike all got re-elected because the economy was going fairly well.

Edited by Davidson Deac II, 02 February 2009 - 08:29 PM.

#49 Jangler

Jangler

that funky feeling to get you through

• HUDDLER
  • 47,821 posts

Posted 02 February 2009 - 08:26 PM

Just wait until someone tries to assassinate his Mother in law.

#50 Kevin Greene

Kevin Greene

__YOU CAN'T FIRE ME!__

• HUDDLER
  • 17,865 posts

Posted 02 February 2009 - 08:27 PM

Bush I lost midway because of a struggling economy. Johnson and Truman due to war issues. Carter due to the Iran Hostage crisis and a bad economy. And then there was Hoover.

I think Bush I lost because Ross Perot garnered 18% of the vote, mostly from Bush. Remember Bill Clinton was elected with just 43% of the vote in 1992. Lowest ever I believe.
No Perot=no Clinton, at least in 1992.

#51 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 17,297 posts

Posted 02 February 2009 - 08:36 PM

I think Bush I lost because Ross Perot garnered 18% of the vote, mostly from Bush. Remember Bill Clinton was elected with just 43% of the vote in 1992. Lowest ever I believe.
No Perot=no Clinton, at least in 1992.

No doubt Perot played a role. But if the economy wasn't struggling (althought things were not as bad as portrayed), the election would not have been close.

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com