Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Is White is the new Black?

44 posts in this topic

Posted

While "arguing" with KT the other day he brought up the "fact" that we had never given a black QB a shot (Rodney Pete wasn't black I guess) Of course, his favorite NFL team is racist.......but they're are still his favorite NFL team lol. Anyway,I reminded him that there are more black coaches than QBs, and if I was a black nationalist, I would be more concerned with that, since Coaches have more power over the team than QBs. Then I asked him why the Panthers had never taken a shot at a white RB? No answer of course.

Anyway it made me think of all of the white RBs and WRs in the league this year, like Peyton Hillis, John Kuhn (oh the irony) Danny Woohead, everybody that plays for the Colts etc. Is this just a new fad, or is it a trend thats here to stay? If so, white is the new black!

Posted

ill give this 5 posts until its Tinderbox worthy

Posted

BirdMchale.jpg

Posted

Short answer yes, long answer no.

Posted

There's a point somewhere in the post I swear.

F it. I'll troll.

Woodhead's suddenly the #1 selling Pats jersey and gets tons of national press despite the fact he's not doing anything Kevin Faulk didn't do.

Posted

I'm just curious. #1 selling Pats jersey based on what? 1 week of sales? I find it hard to believe it sells more than Brady.

Posted

I'm just curious. #1 selling Pats jersey based on what? 1 week of sales? I find it hard to believe it sells more than Brady.

People have had 9 years to buy Brady's jersey.

Posted

Is it just me, or do RBs, CBs,and WRs jerseys just look better than QBs? I would probably rather wear a Woodhead jersey over a Brady jersey for some reason..

Posted

Is it just me, or do RBs, CBs,and WRs jerseys just look better than QBs? I would probably rather wear a Woodhead jersey over a Brady jersey for some reason..

I think a basic t-shirt is awesome if it said Woodhead on the back.

Posted

Black quarterbacks, Hispanic quarterbacks, White runningbacks/receivers/cornerbacks, Asian anything...

Can't say I care about anything other than how well they play their position.

Heck, there was a time when more than half the kickers were from Bulgaria or somewhere.

Paint 'em all up like the aliens in Avatar and then no one will know who's what.

Posted

There's a point somewhere in the post I swear.

F it. I'll troll.

Woodhead's suddenly the #1 selling Pats jersey and gets tons of national press despite the fact he's not doing anything Kevin Faulk didn't do.

Style points.

Posted

There should be a Rooney Rule for Whites in RB, WR, CB, KR/PR positions.

Also, there should be a Rooney Rule for Non-Whites in Kicker/Punter and to some extent in QB positions.