Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Study: Conservatives have larger ‘fear center’ in brain

88 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

A study at University College London in the UK has found that conservatives' brains have larger amygdalas than the brains of liberals. Amygdalas are responsible for fear and other "primitive" emotions. At the same time, conservatives' brains were also found to have a smaller anterior cingulate -- the part of the brain responsible for courage and optimism.

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2010/12/conservatives-fear-center-brain/

lol

Posted · Report post

I believe it. I would like to see the statistics pre-Glenn Beck and the Fox fear mongers.

Posted · Report post

Well a lot of conservatives are the ones that take the Bible literally word for word and are fearful of hellfire and brimstone!ultraconservatives are less open minded,maybe out of fear!

Posted · Report post

Derp Robert Byrd Derp Derp De..

Posted · Report post

I am afraid I find this unbelievable. I expected to see this "study" had come from berkeley. London is more liberal than berkeley?

l

Posted · Report post

Isn't it painfully obvious the right is controlled more by fear than the left? I mean jesus christ, listen to fox news for an hour at any time of day and yo would think the world is ending.

Posted · Report post

I believe it, but what makes fear a "primitive emotion"? Are not all emotions primitive? And aren't all people who vote because of appeal to emotion guilty of giving into their primitive emotions?

Cue reference to a tingling leg in 3...2...1...

Posted · Report post

and yet the left is easier to control with faux polls and blogs and documentaries. the libs would all wear trash bags tomorrow if Michael Moore did a docu about the benefits of it.

please

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Fear is a good thing, fear keeps people alive

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

ben franklin is still right. moderation. in almost anything and everything we do, say, eat, drink, sleep, watch, whatev.

2 people like this

Posted · Report post

Republicans look to starve children, kill old people, hope the homeless freeze, women to be servants to males, illegals indentured servants to them, yadda yadda yadda..

yeah...conservatives have cornered the market on fear mongering.

/sarcasm

Posted · Report post

and yet the left is easier to control with faux polls and blogs and documentaries. the libs would all wear trash bags tomorrow if Michael Moore did a docu about the benefits of it.

please

Yes , Libs are controlled by information and opinion.

Cons are controlled by fear.

Fairly accurate.