<

Photo
- - - - -

Music City Bowl Thread

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
228 replies to this topic

#226 RockyTopVol

RockyTopVol

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 04 January 2011 - 02:54 PM

LOL!!! :smilielol5:

:sad:

Point taken, but if you knew how the kid was earlier this year, you'd see why I'm at least happy to see him show some emotion. The last game of the year was the first time he even smiled this season. Granted, he got a little carried away in this game, but I'd rather have a passionate QB than one who doesn't seem to care (aka Jonathan Crompton).
Since we are discussing sportsmanship now, I'd like to post a tweet I saw immediately after the game. This came from Clay Travis who is a sports writer and lawyer in Nashville. He went to Vanderbilt, not UT, btw. Here's his tweet:

UNC coaches just sprinted out of press box screaming: "Sloppy Top,Sloppy Top, you'll always be *******s to me!"

At least Bray is just an 18 year old kid. Still, Dooley will need to get on him soon about that junk. I wonder if he didn't get flagged since he wasn't the player who scored the touchdowns.

#227 weyco2000

weyco2000

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 04 January 2011 - 03:27 PM

Point taken, but if you knew how the kid was earlier this year, you'd see why I'm at least happy to see him show some emotion. The last game of the year was the first time he even smiled this season. Granted, he got a little carried away in this game, but I'd rather have a passionate QB than one who doesn't seem to care (aka Jonathan Crompton).
Since we are discussing sportsmanship now, I'd like to post a tweet I saw immediately after the game. This came from Clay Travis who is a sports writer and lawyer in Nashville. He went to Vanderbilt, not UT, btw. Here's his tweet:

UNC coaches just sprinted out of press box screaming: "Sloppy Top,Sloppy Top, you'll always be *******s to me!"

At least Bray is just an 18 year old kid. Still, Dooley will need to get on him soon about that junk. I wonder if he didn't get flagged since he wasn't the player who scored the touchdowns.

First I've heard of that... but if it is true, that is classless as well. Didn't they do that whole "loco" celebration during their win streak? That kinda crap has no place in ANY sport, especially at the collegiate level.

The NCAA needs to be more consistent with rules... (yes they need to add a 10 second runoff like the NFL.) I just think the officials were aware of what happened to KSU and let it go.

Guess I'm a little old school. BTW, this Carolina fan had way too much to drink...
;)

LOL at the Vols fan with the thumbs down and grimace on her face.

#228 RockyTopVol

RockyTopVol

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 04 January 2011 - 03:58 PM

The loco thing was just the receivers for a few weeks. Bray first did that one on the sideline with them. I've heard that it was a response to some article about how Tennessee fans must be "crazy" to think that the team to go to a bowl game. That supposedly was written after our South Carolina loss...which carried the team into the 4-0 finish.
I can tell you that the crowd at LP field was unlike any Tennessee crowd I had ever seen. I don't know if those were Titans fans or what, but the UT fans I saw there were wasted and rude. I was a little embarrassed. It felt like what it must feel like to be a sober Georgia fan.

#229 lymelizzard

lymelizzard

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 05 January 2011 - 12:11 AM

First I've heard of that... but if it is true, that is classless as well. Didn't they do that whole "loco" celebration during their win streak? That kinda crap has no place in ANY sport, especially at the collegiate level.

The NCAA needs to be more consistent with rules... (yes they need to add a 10 second runoff like the NFL.) I just think the officials were aware of what happened to KSU and let it go.

Guess I'm a little old school. BTW, this Carolina fan had way too much to drink...
;)

LOL at the Vols fan with the thumbs down and grimace on her face.

Is'nt that girl to young to be drinking?