The 4 Truths
Posted 31 December 2010 - 07:54 PM
Posted 31 December 2010 - 08:05 PM
1. we are the panthers
2. because of #1, we do stupid poo in the offseason.
Posted 31 December 2010 - 08:13 PM
Who said Hurney was going to be here after next week. Hurney is working on week to week bases with the panthers right now. His contract has expired months ago and has not signed another yet. I doubt JR will keep him around. I'm not 100% sure. But right now don't expect Hurney to be around draft time. I think Hurney was just sticking it out until the end of the season. Hurney was a decent GM. But the panthers need a better GM with better scouts to help get much better talent into this franchise.
1. JR has NEVER been cheap. NEVER until this season. He is a highly respect owner among his peers, and he was setting an example this season for the new CBA. JR offered to make Julius Peppers the highest paid defensive player in the league ater a 2.5 sack season, remember? JR wants to win as much as we do. He knows what it takes to win, and if Luck comes out, I'm pretty sure we take him.
2. New coach + #1 pick, often means a new QB. The coach will want his own guy under center learning his own system. If Luck is there, he will take him.
3. Marty Hurney scares me to death, but I'm sure he knows how to secure his job. Drafting Luck. If he grabs the best QB prospect of the decade, he can almost guarantee himself to keep his job. For him to pass on a franchise QB would make his time here very short lived. I know it, you know it, and I'm pretty sure he knows it.
4. The only thing that now stands in our way is this: Does Luck declare? I think he will. Not because I'm ignorant to the bias interviews of the Stanford coaching staff (hoping he stays). But because Luck knows his draft stock will NEVER get higher than it is now. And if a Rookie Salary cap comes into place anytime soon, he will need to get out ASAP. I understand he looks up to coach Harbaugh. In all honesty I think Harbaugh will come out and coach, but is making contract moves around Stanford to better position himself for a nice pay on whatever NFL team he joins. Harbaugh won't pass on the chance to enter the NFL and draft his own QB at #1. That scenario happens once a century: To be able to coach an NFL team with the #1 pick, in which you grab your own QB.
Panthers fans, be a little more optimistic, there are stupid people out there, but they aren't that stupid.
Posted 31 December 2010 - 08:16 PM
Posted 31 December 2010 - 08:19 PM
:confused: Really any link proving Jr is keeping him for long term. If he then I will shout my mouth on this subject. But I yet to see any links saying he has signed long term tho!!
Just like everyone knew Fox was gone, Hurney is staying. this has been established already.
Posted 31 December 2010 - 08:20 PM
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users