Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jerry Richardson announces that Fox and his entire staff will not return in 2011

212 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

[URL="http://twitter.com/#%21/carolinagrowl"]carolinagrowl[/URL] Steve Reed
[QUOTE]
Panthers just announced they will not renew Fox's contract or anyone on his staff. See [URL="http://www.carolinagrowl.com/"]www.carolinagrowl.com[/URL] for details.[/QUOTE][QUOTE]Jerry Richardson: “I told John today that I appreciate everything he has done for us over the last nine years...[/QUOTE][QUOTE]"...but as happens in this business, it is time for both sides to move in different directions."[/QUOTE]

Posted · Report post

And the obvious is obvious

Posted · Report post

So does not renewing the contracts = firing everyone?

Posted · Report post

so much for keeping Brian Baker and/or Meeks

Posted · Report post

[quote name='neverlosethefeeling']So does not renewing the contracts = firing everyone?[/QUOTE]
si

Posted · Report post

I wouldn't have minded if Baker and Meeks hung around next year but meh, it's time for a change. Cleaning house completely was probably the best way to go.....

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Dpantherman']so much for keeping Brian Baker and/or Meeks[/QUOTE]

Yeah I guess I'm a little surprised that they're getting rid of [I]everyone[/I]

Posted · Report post

Well of course Bill will put in his own staff.

Posted · Report post

About damn time i found out i didnt know what this team was going to do this year lol.

Posted · Report post

This is the weirdest thing ever that he's still going to coach on Sunday. I've never seen a situation where the owner has made it official that a coach won't be returning, but yet that coach still goes out and coaches another game.

Posted · Report post

I think its funny that Fox mentions nothing about thanking the fans over the years for support. Most coaches even fired ones thank fans if even tongue in cheek.

Posted · Report post

i kinda wanted to keep meeks

Posted · Report post

At least us fans have something to look forward to now!

Posted · Report post

no matter what happens i guess now you can really say this offseason is going to be wayyyy more exciting than at least the last 3

Posted · Report post

[quote name='ElkinPanthersFan']I think its funny that Fox mentions nothing about thanking the fans over the years for support. Most coaches even fired ones thank fans if even tongue in cheek.[/QUOTE]

Well seeing as we've been talking shit about him over the years and especially this year...

Posted · Report post

Although everyone knew it was coming, could the fact that the announcement was made before the final game, as opposed to next week mean we are looking to move quickly on the next coach (fighting SF and Michigan for Harbaugh)?

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Sam Mills Fan']This is the weirdest thing ever that he's still going to coach on Sunday. I've never seen a situation where the owner has made it official that a coach won't be returning, but yet that coach still goes out and coaches another game.[/QUOTE]

If Fox and his staff didn't coach, we'd have DeAngelo, TD, Otah and all the rest of the injured guys coaching instead.

On second thought, that could be fun.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Train']Although everyone knew it was coming, could the fact that the announcement was made before the final game, as opposed to next week mean we are looking to move quickly on the next coach (fighting SF and Michigan for Harbaugh)?[/QUOTE]

That would be my best guess as well. I think if JR had his way the new coach would be announced at about midnight on Monday.....:D

Posted · Report post

anyone on his [B]COACHING[/B] staff* (for those that are confused)

Just another clue Harbough is not coming in. Whoever is coming in is trusted enough to pick his own staff.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='neverlosethefeeling']If Fox and his staff didn't coach, we'd have DeAngelo, TD, Otah and all the rest of the injured guys coaching instead.

On second thought, that could be fun.[/QUOTE]

I would pay to see it :D....

Posted · Report post

I hope jerry ships steve smiths ass with john fox we dont need him anymore or his drama.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Forty Six & 2']anyone on his [B]COACHING[/B] staff* (for those that are confused)

Just another clue Harbough is not coming in. Whoever is coming in is trusted enough to pick his own staff.[/QUOTE]

And Harbaugh cant select his own coaches because.....

Posted · Report post

Kinda surprised that he totally cleaned house, but that means Harbaugh can bring all of his boyeez with him.