Photo
- - - - -

Stimulus Bill is a Sham.

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
40 replies to this topic

#1 venom

venom

oneinfiniteconsciousness

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,925 posts

Posted 30 January 2009 - 02:19 AM

This bill is the most irresponsible confiscation of wealth and power, from us the people, in the nation's history. This bill has nothing to do with creating jobs, it actually kills jobs. This bill has nothing to do with jump-starting the economy, it jump-starts the size of government.

The $825 billion bill is the most expensive bill in the history of the united states. It seems that through this bill, the democrats have found a way to spend money on just about every pent-up democratic proposal of the last 40 years.

This bill is a total sham. It is a fraud. It is another typical liberal big spending bill at the expense of you and i. It is completely insulting to us as americans to witness the liberals in government intentionally attempting to deceive the american people. They are more worried about their own personal gain and their chances at reelection versus the well-being of this country and its citizens.

This is supposed to be a new era of bipartisanship, but this bill was written based on the wish list of every living -- or dead -- Democratic interest group. As Speaker Nancy Pelosi put it, "We won the election. We wrote the bill." So they did. Republicans should let them take all of the credit.

http://online.wsj.co...6514522309.html

Edited by venom, 30 January 2009 - 02:25 AM.

#2 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

Grey Poupon Elitest Trash

• ALL-PRO
  • 23,751 posts

Posted 30 January 2009 - 07:20 AM

Where were you when Bush and Paulson were telling us this had to be done?

#3 Towelboy

Towelboy

day late & a dollar short

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 346 posts

Posted 30 January 2009 - 07:47 AM

i heard this yesterday on the radio,
"Trying to spend your way out of a recession is like stepping in a bucket and trying to pull your self up by the handle."

#4 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

• HUDDLER
  • 15,983 posts

Posted 30 January 2009 - 07:54 AM

Where were you when Bush and Paulson were telling us this had to be done?

They told us the money was needed to bail out Wall Street.

#5 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

• ALL-PRO
  • 23,751 posts

Posted 30 January 2009 - 08:24 AM

That's right, giving money to rich people who say they need it is believable, while this is just pork for Democratic supporters.

#6 catfang

catfang

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,614 posts

Posted 30 January 2009 - 08:25 AM

OK correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't this 825 billion $ bill separate from the 700 billion $ that the fat cats are using to wallpaper their offices and give their buddies huge bonuses?

#7 Jase

Jase

Kuechold Fantasies

• Administrators
  • 17,475 posts

Posted 30 January 2009 - 08:42 AM

Primum non nocere

#8 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

• ALL-PRO
  • 23,751 posts

Posted 30 January 2009 - 08:53 AM

OK correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't this 825 billion $ bill separate from the 700 billion $ that the fat cats are using to wallpaper their offices and give their buddies huge bonuses?

Yes, this plan is for the skinny dogs to put down newspaper on the floor and give their buddies huge bones.

#9 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

• HUDDLER
  • 15,983 posts

Posted 30 January 2009 - 08:53 AM

That's right, giving money to rich people who say they need it is believable, while this is just pork for Democratic supporters.

I'm just telling you what they told us. I don't like what the Wall Street people turned around and did with that money any more than you do. In fact, I think they should be put in jail.

#10 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 33,961 posts

Posted 30 January 2009 - 09:10 AM

Yep, I didn't agree with Bush on it and I don't agree with Obama on it... this whole thing is ridiculous.

#11 Zaximus

Zaximus

I'm Brett Jensen

• HUDDLER
  • 5,085 posts

Posted 30 January 2009 - 09:13 AM

I'm just telling you what they told us. I don't like what the Wall Street people turned around and did with that money any more than you do. In fact, I think they should be put in jail.

Yeah, point a finger at the Government as a whole, not this stupid "team" fight that you guys do about dems and repubs. You are old enough to realize the government jointly works together to screw you, right? The republicans got their bill first, now it's the dems. Will it help? Who knows. Do they care? Maybe, I doubt it, they stay rich.

#12 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

• ALL-PRO
  • 23,751 posts

Posted 30 January 2009 - 09:17 AM

I'm not a fan of any of it from the get go - I know nothing about macro economics. All I really want to see is the deficit go down because that's as complicated as I can get.

I am sure that there are things in these packages that do not promote job growth. I am also just as sure that whether or not these things ever "work" the opposition will tell us that it was other factors that caused the economy to recover, because they know just as much as I do.

#13 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 33,961 posts

Posted 30 January 2009 - 09:29 AM

http://www.foxnews.c...ses-outrageous/

So Obama is mad that they gave out $18 BILLION in bonuses last year, all while asking for gov't handouts, yet here we are ready to give them money again?

The bonuses are outrageous, but why did the administrations and congress not know these things before they gave out the money and why are we giving them more money???

#14 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

• HUDDLER
  • 15,983 posts

Posted 30 January 2009 - 09:43 AM

I'm not a fan of any of it from the get go - I know nothing about macro economics. All I really want to see is the deficit go down because that's as complicated as I can get.

I am sure that there are things in these packages that do not promote job growth. I am also just as sure that whether or not these things ever "work" the opposition will tell us that it was other factors that caused the economy to recover, because they know just as much as I do.

I just want people to have jobs. The worst possible situation for an economy is people sitting at home with no job, no confidence, no hope. I don't care if the jobs suck. I worked two poo jobs early last year to make ends meet, but it kept me from sliding into depression and then a great job came around and I was back on my feet. I want programs that put people to work, not pork that helps Nancy Pelosi win reelection.

#15 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

• ALL-PRO
  • 23,751 posts

Posted 30 January 2009 - 10:03 AM

I would like to remind everyone here that even though the New Deal did make an awful lot of jobs building infrastructure, the Republicans still could not find anything they liked about it. I can understand that from a philosophical point of view, but it tells me nothing has changed and nothing will change in terms of the majority and the "loyal opposition".

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com