Photo
- - - - -

For those who are worried about Luck not declaring....

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#1 MorgulKing

MorgulKing

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 134 posts

Posted 01 January 2011 - 01:41 AM

Keep in mind that last summer Luck said he was going to get a degree before going to the NFL.

Mid-season he changed his tune to, "I'll decide after the season is over."

http://www.mercuryne...?nclick_check=1

Harbaugh says Luck is ready to go into the NFL and Lucks' dad indicates that Harbaugh leaving would push Luck into the draft.

I think these mid-season articles are more indicative of what's going on rather thatn "Standford sources" quoted days before the Orange bowl. I read in these quotes that Harbaugh is already thinking about leaving and that Luck will go if that happens.

#2 Montsta

Montsta

Rest In Peace

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,585 posts

Posted 01 January 2011 - 01:46 AM

It's New Years Eve bro, go enjoy yourself.

#3 unicar15

unicar15

• HUDDLER
  • 3,613 posts

Posted 01 January 2011 - 01:48 AM

Keep in mind that last summer Luck said he was going to get a degree before going to the NFL.

Mid-season he changed his tune to, "I'll decide after the season is over."

http://www.mercuryne...?nclick_check=1

Harbaugh says Luck is ready to go into the NFL and Lucks' dad indicates that Harbaugh leaving would push Luck into the draft.

I think these mid-season articles are more indicative of what's going on rather thatn "Standford sources" quoted days before the Orange bowl. I read in these quotes that Harbaugh is already thinking about leaving and that Luck will go if that happens.

IDK how anyone can forego a contract worth tens of millions of dollars to go back to school and take classes. It just wouldn't make sense to me unless Stanford has a legit shot at winning the national championship. One thing is for sure...I can't wait for Feb. 13th (rookie declaration deadline??) to roll around.

#4 Montsta

Montsta

Rest In Peace

• HUDDLER
  • 6,585 posts

Posted 01 January 2011 - 01:50 AM

IDK how anyone can forego a contract worth tens of millions of dollars to go back to school and take classes. It just wouldn't make sense to me unless Stanford has a legit shot at winning the national championship. One thing is for sure...I can't wait for Feb. 13th (rookie declaration deadline??) to roll around.

I thought it was January 15th??

#5 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

OWN the Line of Scrimmage

• HUDDLER
  • 17,547 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 01 January 2011 - 01:50 AM

Where is "Standford" anyway?

Is that where Tommy Jone went?

#6 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

OWN the Line of Scrimmage

• HUDDLER
  • 17,547 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 01 January 2011 - 01:51 AM

I thought it was January 15th??

It is.

#7 Jangler

Jangler

Its gonna be just like they say, them voices tell me so

• HUDDLER
  • 46,914 posts

Posted 01 January 2011 - 01:55 AM

Because not everybody cares about money. And if he is as good as most people think....guess what? The money will be there. The players that chase money seem to be busts.

#8 Grammer

Grammer

Troll. Ignore Me.

• HUDDLER
  • 2,371 posts

Posted 01 January 2011 - 02:02 AM

because maybe, just maybe, he loves the college life and really loves whatever hes majoring in more than football? luck is smart and down to earth enough to know that money cant buy happiness

#9 Dpantherman

Dpantherman

certified pee-on

• HUDDLER
  • 26,451 posts

Posted 01 January 2011 - 02:06 AM

f**k all that, i just want him to come here. If not, then i guess where just poo out of Luck

#10 Brooklyn Bully

Brooklyn Bully

• HUDDLER
  • 8,333 posts

Posted 01 January 2011 - 02:21 AM

Money talks.

#11 scarface

scarface

• HUDDLER
  • 3,035 posts
  • LocationEastern NC

Posted 01 January 2011 - 02:55 AM

Money talks.

No it doesn't.

#12 unicar15

unicar15

• HUDDLER
  • 3,613 posts

Posted 01 January 2011 - 02:56 AM

Because not everybody cares about money. And if he is as good as most people think....guess what? The money will be there. The players that chase money seem to be busts.

Its not "all about the money" if he chooses to go. Its about making the smart choice. I graduated from college a year ago and as much as I loved being there and pursuing academics...If I had the talent I'd go play football and so would you if you were presented with the choice.

The money won't be there necessarily. Jake Locker was staring at least 20-30million in the face last year and now he will be lucky if he's a first round choice. Matt Leinart a few years ago went from the guaranteed #1 pick to the #10 pick. Its not all about the money and no matter what he's going to make a lot of money...but it is about making the smart life choice and I can pretty much guarantee you that Andrew Luck will not be using an Architectural Engineering degree anytime soon.

#13 Grammer

Grammer

Troll. Ignore Me.

• HUDDLER
  • 2,371 posts

Posted 01 January 2011 - 03:04 AM

Its not "all about the money" if he chooses to go. Its about making the smart choice. I graduated from college a year ago and as much as I loved being there and pursuing academics...If I had the talent I'd go play football and so would you if you were presented with the choice.

The money won't be there necessarily. Jake Locker was staring at least 20-30million in the face last year and now he will be lucky if he's a first round choice. Matt Leinart a few years ago went from the guaranteed #1 pick to the #10 pick. Its not all about the money and no matter what he's going to make a lot of money...but it is about making the smart life choice and I can pretty much guarantee you that Andrew Luck will not be using an Architectural Engineering degree anytime soon.

lucks family isnt exactly low on cash

#14 CatMan72

CatMan72

KEEP POUNDING

• HUDDLER
  • 14,958 posts

Posted 01 January 2011 - 06:41 AM

When you are projected to go # 1 overall you declare, simple as that...

#15 Jangler

Jangler

Its gonna be just like they say, them voices tell me so

• HUDDLER
  • 46,914 posts

Posted 01 January 2011 - 06:52 AM

Y'all are just projecting your feelings on somebody else.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.