Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

For those who are worried about Luck not declaring....

42 posts in this topic

Posted

Its not "all about the money" if he chooses to go. Its about making the smart choice. I graduated from college a year ago and as much as I loved being there and pursuing academics...If I had the talent I'd go play football and so would you if you were presented with the choice.

The money won't be there necessarily. Jake Locker was staring at least 20-30million in the face last year and now he will be lucky if he's a first round choice. Matt Leinart a few years ago went from the guaranteed #1 pick to the #10 pick. Its not all about the money and no matter what he's going to make a lot of money...but it is about making the smart life choice and I can pretty much guarantee you that Andrew Luck will not be using an Architectural Engineering degree anytime soon.

lucks family isnt exactly low on cash

Posted

When you are projected to go # 1 overall you declare, simple as that...

Posted

Y'all are just projecting your feelings on somebody else.

Posted

I think that it is more about desire than money. Wanting to be the best and going against the very best to prove yourself are character traits that I feel are part of a winning mentality that a QB needs to be successful in the NFL. If Luck feels like he needs another year at Stanford before going against the top talent then we should support him in his endeavors.

Is he physically capable of playing in the NFL right now...I would think so. Does he have the intelligence and intangibles necessary to perform well at the next level...the scouts say he does. But is he mentally ready on a confidence level right now?...only he knows that.

Personally I would love to have him as a member of the Panthers but only he knows if he is ready for that move in his life.

Posted

Manning went back for his senior year in 1997.

Posted

No it doesn't.

Yes it does. I saw it on a tv commercial.

Posted

And just like Luck if Luck doesn't declares will miss out on the backend of their career and miss a year there to win a Super Bowl just sayin.

Posted

Money most definitely talks but only fools listen.

Posted

Was he the projected #1 after hi Jr year?

Posted

He was projected #1 after his Junior year of High School. :)

1 person likes this

Posted

IDK how anyone can forego a contract worth tens of millions of dollars to go back to school and take classes. It just wouldn't make sense to me unless Stanford has a legit shot at winning the national championship. One thing is for sure...I can't wait for Feb. 13th (rookie declaration deadline??) to roll around.

Exactly. He can do like Steve Young did and finish his degree AFTER he is in the NFL. Anyone can finish a degree at anytime, there are 60 year olds going back to law and medical school. This is the last chance to get the rookie money he would get.

Posted

Its not "all about the money" if he chooses to go. Its about making the smart choice. I graduated from college a year ago and as much as I loved being there and pursuing academics...If I had the talent I'd go play football and so would you if you were presented with the choice.

The money won't be there necessarily. Jake Locker was staring at least 20-30million in the face last year and now he will be lucky if he's a first round choice. Matt Leinart a few years ago went from the guaranteed #1 pick to the #10 pick. Its not all about the money and no matter what he's going to make a lot of money...but it is about making the smart life choice and I can pretty much guarantee you that Andrew Luck will not be using an Architectural Engineering degree anytime soon.

Its about Ego and being a lazy assed kid vs an adult. Adults take the money instantly, they understand you dont get by in this world on 'Love' or just 'Happieness' etc. it takes MONEY. The money for rookies is going to dry up with this new CBA. Owners and vets alike say enough is enough.

As for as Ego, they are BMOC and they like going around having their asses kissed. Tough poo, grow up.

As I said you can ALWAYS go back to college. Hell play 10 years, become a super millionare then say screw the NFL and go back to school. You will be in your low 30's and still young as hell.

This kid better wake the hell up. THIS chance to be #1 overall comes once and only once. Matt L, Jake Locker etal should have woke him the hell up. And if harbaugh leaves, his ass will NOT be #1 as there is no way he will put up the same stats and who even says he would with harbaugh there?

Take the money kid.

1 person likes this