16 replies to this topic

#1 unicar15

unicar15

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,613 posts

Posted 01 January 2011 - 05:39 AM

http://sports.espn.g...ivan&id=5973068

Get him...and we will win championships. That is all.

#2 JawnyBlaze

JawnyBlaze

• HUDDLER
  • 6,218 posts

Posted 01 January 2011 - 06:32 AM

"Elway: He's a smart guy, a mature guy. He'll be able to have a voice in where he's going. If it's Carolina [the Panthers own the first pick in the draft], Carolina is bad right now but they've been a playoff team. ... It's a good organization."

My disgust for Elway just eased a little. Always hated him (and Eli) for the way they came into the NFL, but now I dislike him a little less :)

#3 Cavscout

Cavscout

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,496 posts

Posted 01 January 2011 - 06:37 AM

"Elway: He's a smart guy, a mature guy. He'll be able to have a voice in where he's going. If it's Carolina [the Panthers own the first pick in the draft], Carolina is bad right now but they've been a playoff team. ... It's a good organization."

My disgust for Elway just eased a little. Always hated him (and Eli) for the way they came into the NFL, but now I dislike him a little less :)

I agree, but I still wouldn't put him in the front office like Denver is doing

#4 CatMan72

CatMan72

KEEP POUNDING

• HUDDLER
  • 14,969 posts

Posted 01 January 2011 - 06:39 AM

It's been a bad year, but the Panthers are still a very highly regarded franchise in the inner-circles of the NFL, so most anybody Luck talks to will tell him the Panthers are a good organization.

#5 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

OWN the Line of Scrimmage

• HUDDLER
  • 17,566 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 01 January 2011 - 02:06 PM

A lot of endorsements from a biased crowd.

#6 PantherFan52

PantherFan52

The Man

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,410 posts

Posted 01 January 2011 - 02:35 PM

Isn't there an Andrew Luck thread for this? Not trying to be THAT guy but I kind of get tired of logging on and seeing 100 new andrew luck threads.

#7 littlekid137

littlekid137

• NEWB
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 01 January 2011 - 02:37 PM

I wouldn't be surprised if he stayed in school.. With the potential lockout looming and all.

#8 unicar15

unicar15

• HUDDLER
  • 3,613 posts

Posted 01 January 2011 - 04:17 PM

I wouldn't be surprised if he stayed in school.. With the potential lockout looming and all.

CBA will get done.

#9 jtnc

jtnc

Resident Asshole

• HUDDLER
  • 13,375 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 01 January 2011 - 04:23 PM

Trade down. I'm over this Luck 'will solve all our problems' crap.

#10 mwright350

mwright350

Thy Jimmies shall be Rustled

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,681 posts
  • LocationChina Grove, NC

Posted 01 January 2011 - 05:12 PM

Honestly noone with an ounce of football sense thinks that one player, any player, by themselves is going to come in and fix every problem the Panthers have. It might get spouted around a bit (because football jesus is fun to imagine) but in our quiet time we all know there are more problems on this team than QB.

The flip side to that, and the thing that makes trading down if he delcares mildly retarded, is that a franchise QB (making the assumption that that's what he becomes in the NFL) can elevate the team around him. No he won't save us - even if he's an amalgamation of every great QB ever to play the game into one Super Rookie ™ - but of the QBs available he is the most likely to be able to provide the anchor point for the franchise for some time. And a solid player to build functional offense around too...

#11 Kyle82

Kyle82

• HUDDLER
  • 3,820 posts
  • LocationRock Hill SC

Posted 01 January 2011 - 05:17 PM

Isn't there an Andrew Luck thread for this? Not trying to be THAT guy but I kind of get tired of logging on and seeing 100 new andrew luck threads.

Run...it's the Panther Police!!:dupe:

#12 MHS831

MHS831

• HUDDLER
  • 6,857 posts

Posted 01 January 2011 - 05:32 PM

Run...it's the Panther Police!!:dupe:

Busted for flagrant repetition. But what if you want to talk about a topic? Do we need everyone's approval? I just don't open threads that don't interest me. If the demand is there, why fight it? Or should we go through a screening process where someone approves the worthiness of topics? We could call him, The TOPIC CZAR.

#13 mwright350

mwright350

Thy Jimmies shall be Rustled

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,681 posts
  • LocationChina Grove, NC

Posted 01 January 2011 - 05:36 PM

Busted for flagrant repetition. But what if you want to talk about a topic? Do we need everyone's approval? I just don't open threads that don't interest me. If the demand is there, why fight it? Or should we go through a screening process where someone approves the worthiness of topics? We could call him, The TOPIC CZAR.

I think we should talk about cake and the fact that not only is it not a lie but also superior to pie in nearly every way.

#14 Double34Trouble28

Double34Trouble28

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 957 posts

Posted 01 January 2011 - 07:13 PM

No, getting him won't solve all of our problems but it will make much more of a difference than any other position. It would at the very least bring a positive vibe to what has become a miserable time period for our organization. As bad as we were this year, there were 3-4 games this season we could have won with the exact team we fielded + better QB play.

#15 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 15,454 posts

Posted 01 January 2011 - 07:48 PM

trading down will solve all our problems?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.