Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Drafting 3 1/2 QBs in 2 years.

57 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

I think maybe the Panthers might stick with Clausen. (Let's be honest Johnny Unitus couldn't do much with this offense). But now you are in a situation where you will be drafting yet another QB in 2 years. Why not develop Clausen and draft some defensive help.

Posted · Report post

Because Luck is not Clausen, and Jimmy will never be Andrew. You pull the trigger on a prospect and sure-fire QB when you have the chance.

Posted · Report post

Because Luck is the mother fucking messiah and this season was ALL Clausen's fault.

Jesus, dude, give it up and sip the Kool Aid already. We're going to lynch Clausen in the morning. Grab a pitch fork and join the mob.

Posted · Report post

I've heard of "end all, be all" QBs before. Tim Couch, Alex Smith, David Carr. Let's not make Luck John Elway just yet.

Posted · Report post

Jimmy had his chance 2 play us out of this situation. The FO has no choice but 2 make Luck the pick (if he comes out). Or risk losing the fan base.

Posted · Report post

or...

you can draft Luck and develop both of them... play whichever one wins the job in training camp... which is likely to be Clausen but perhaps not. Either way, the new coach will have a couple of young QBs to work with.

Pick up a solid veteran who doesn't mind being a primary backup and the team is set.

Clausen isn't at fault, but he does not look like the answer, either. I was happy he got that TD at the end of the game, because he'd made a couple of nice throws but hadn't caught many breaks. 'Course, he also threw a buncha terrible ones, so...

Posted · Report post

Why dont you tell us how you really feel Miaoww?

If you dont like the Luck talk and optimism then you might want to avoid this place.

Posted · Report post

Because Clausen hasn't shown anything at all that he can be better in the future.

Posted · Report post

If we draft Luck, we don't have to give up on Clausen.

But if we don't draft Luck, and stick with Clausen and he still tanks, what then?

Posted · Report post

Doesn't matter if every single pick for the last 10 years has been a QB, if none of them are worth a damn and the next Peyton Manning is on the board you take him and don't look back.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

What the fug has Clausen done to think we can even build around him?

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Miaoww']Because Luck is the mother f**king messiah and this season was ALL Clausen's fault.

Jesus, dude, give it up and sip the Kool Aid already. We're going to lynch Clausen in the morning. Grab a pitch fork and join the mob.[/QUOTE]

If you can sit here and say Jimmy made some kind of improvement during this season then i would agree with you. But I watch the games and every other rookie not name Edwards, Pike, or Clausen made some sorta of improvements.