Photo
- - - - -

Drafting 3 1/2 QBs in 2 years.

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
56 replies to this topic

#51 Cavscout

Cavscout

HUDDLER

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 02 January 2011 - 05:05 PM

Doesn't matter if every single pick for the last 10 years has been a QB, if none of them are worth a damn and the next Peyton Manning is on the board you take him and don't look back.

Ditto

Buy this man a beer...and a hooker

#52 Rags

Rags

help

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 02 January 2011 - 05:08 PM

I agree to a point. But this season Davidson and Fox held back so much. That with Clausen being a rookie, I can only put 20% of the blame on him. I still blame the coaches way more than any one player for this turrible turrible season.

Clausen would do better in a WC offense than any other kind.

#53 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

HUDDLER

Posted 02 January 2011 - 05:08 PM

You give me a crappy QB and a Great OL. I'll beat your crappy OL and Great QB 9 times out of 10.

See Mark Rypien.

how many times has Big Ben been sacked over the past 2 years because of their shitty o-line? a billion. yet the Steelers remain winners.

#54 Highlandfire

Highlandfire

There can be only one.

HUDDLER

Posted 02 January 2011 - 05:29 PM

I think maybe the Panthers might stick with Clausen. (Let's be honest Johnny Unitus couldn't do much with this offense). But now you are in a situation where you will be drafting yet another QB in 2 years. Why not develop Clausen and draft some defensive help.

Because clausen sucks and will never be anything more than a backup and those with a brain know it.

#55 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

Moderators

Posted 02 January 2011 - 05:36 PM

to all those who feel good sticking with clausen, please tell us why without reverting to "the oline sucks" or "the coaching sucks".

what has he done that makes you thihnk we should stick with what we have.

#56 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

HUDDLER

Posted 02 January 2011 - 05:42 PM

to all those who feel good sticking with clausen, please tell us why without reverting to "the oline sucks" or "the coaching sucks".

what has he done that makes you thihnk we should stick with what we have.

I would like 2 add out of all the QB's we had in this organization the only 1 still playing above avg. football is the one we drafted in the 1st round and if not for mental breakdown and drinking would have been our best QB. Can we please try and draft a 1st round QB again and not keep bargain hunting for the most important position on the field.

#57 JawnyBlaze

JawnyBlaze

SUPPORTER

Posted 02 January 2011 - 05:53 PM

Amen to this. +1

I would like 2 add out of all the QB's we had in this organization the only 1 still playing above avg. football is the one we drafted in the 1st round and if not for mental breakdown and drinking would have been our best QB. Can we please try and draft a 1st round QB again and not keep bargain hunting for the most important position on the field.