Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gazi

Panthers interviewing Ron Rivera

279 posts in this topic

I'm fairly certain he doesn't count as a rooney rule interview, this guy is hispanic and the rooney rule is for blacks only.

He does count for the Rooney rule.

Since the Rooney Rule was established, several NFL franchises have hired minority head coaches, including the Steelers themselves, who hired Mike Tomlin before their 2007 season[2] (The Steelers, however, had already interviewed Ron Rivera to fulfill the Rule before interviewing Tomlin, and Rooney himself contends that Tomlin's hiring did not result from the Rule)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rooney_Rule

because despite what fans want to see, it's already been stated the philosphy of the team will remain a strong defensive heavy run philosphy.

i would be surprised if an offensive coordinator got the job.

That's why they spent all OTA's and most of the preseason trying 2 work on a passing game right?? Whatever the philosphy is sombody in the FO has 2 see that the changes made in this league benefit the passing game.

I would rather try getting a off. minded coach for once.

What is JR thing with DC 2 HC option?

He is still in a mindset that defense wins championships. Maybe so... but there were more TDs thrown this season than any other season before.

Yes, need a decent backup for Luck.

So has Luck been working on his hall of fame acceptance speech yet? ;)

Let not forget who our team president is, and how Gantt believe Morrison is going to reach into the collegiate ranks

I would be ok with this... Him and Wade Phillips as DC would be pretty nice

Please no. I would rather keep fox and look for a really good offensive coordinator. If he wants to come here and be the D coordinator then hell yes. Fox was not the problem it has always been our offensive coordinators imo. Please go for an offensive coach for once.

It almost seems like the are in a hurry to get this out of the way. As in, interviewing him first, in case they want to hire the next guy right after his interview.

hmmmmmm.

So has Luck been working on his hall of fame acceptance speech yet?

I don't know but Jimmy sure as hell isn't.