• Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cantrell

Ethnic studies classes now illegal in Arizona public schools

They will be re-implemented as soon as they also add the "White Aryrian" class.

The hypocrisy of this is astounding.

African American class/scholarships/etc.....fine

Hispanic class/scholarships/etc....fine

Whites only class/scholarships/etc....racist

They are all racist....and they are all bullpoo.

no poo, everyone just wants more, more, more, like they deserve it

So then in a country dominated by teh whitey for years, it's illegal for there to be a black pride class?

E pluribus unum bitches

This law is about one thing and one thing only. Keeping Hispanic culture as muted as possible. In a place where Hispanics are the fastest growing segment of the population, white politicians want to try and make "white European culture" the same thing as "American culture", and anything else "ethnic" and therefore "divisive". It's not going to work.

Minorities need to be able to see the great things they're cultures have done so they can have a sense of self worth in this country. White history is not the only history of this country, and I wish people would stop portraying it as such. Black and brown history has been buried in the history books, and minorities are portrayed as dumb uneducated or whatever the hell else the media portrays us to be. Therefore, society molds even more minorities to fit these stereotypes unwilling, because they think its the only thing they can be in life. But hey, whatever.......what do I know?

Minorities need to be able to see the great things they're cultures have done so they can have a sense of self worth in this country. White history is not the only history of this country, and I wish people would stop portraying it as such. Black and brown history has been buried in the history books, and minorities are portrayed as dumb uneducated or whatever the hell else the media portrays us to be. Therefore, society molds even more minorities to fit these stereotypes unwilling, because they think its the only thing they can be in life. But hey, whatever.......what do I know?

No...and I'm quoting Chris Rock here (paraphrasing)...but the media didn't mob the Mayfair Mall over the weekend. The media isn't doing the stereotyping of blacks through songs. Ted Koppel ain't stole s**t from no one.

but what do I know...I'm just white.

No...and I'm quoting Chris Rock here (paraphrasing)...but the media didn't mob the Mayfair Mall over the weekend. The media isn't doing the stereotyping of blacks through songs. Ted Koppel ain't stole s**t from no one.

but what do I know...I'm just white.

Don't give me that poo man. The media highlights the negative stereotypes of minorities. Sure, those ignorant people exist, but they don't represent 20% of the black/brown community, but you would never know it. BET (which is owned by whites) would rather show Pain in Full than the Ben Carson story (google it), and thats the problem. The perception of black America especially is horrible, and that effect of this is that little black kids feel as if they have to mold themselves to what society perceives them to be.

But once again, what do I know? I haven't experienced this!

Being able to quote Chris Rock doesn't really qualify your position, g5.

They will be re-implemented as soon as they also add the "White Aryrian" class.

The hypocrisy of this is astounding.

African American class/scholarships/etc.....fine

Hispanic class/scholarships/etc....fine

Whites only class/scholarships/etc....racist

They are all racist....and they are all bullpoo.

:( those poor oppressed white people :(

When will the man get off the white mans back?

When the white man stops letting minorities walk all over him, of course.

they got their black entertainment television but what if we had white entertainment television and whats the deal with the naacp. it's be racism if there was a naawp and dont get me started on historically black colleges derpderpderpderp

Don't give me that poo man. The media highlights the negative stereotypes of minorities. Sure, those ignorant people exist, but they don't represent 20% of the black/brown community, but you would never know it. BET (which is owned by whites) would rather show Pain in Full than the Ben Carson story (google it), and thats the problem. The perception of black America especially is horrible, and that effect of this is that little black kids feel as if they have to mold themselves to what society perceives them to be.

But once again, what do I know? I haven't experienced this!

Of course, Viacom is not the blame for much of BET's problems. The company's cancellation of public affairs programming, selling of properties, and the dumbing down of others has been underway for a while. "Teen Summit," "Our Voices," Emerge magazine, YSB magazine and 360hiphop.com are among BET's victims in their effort to get "competitive."

The code word they use for this practice is "lifestyling." It's pr-speak for when a media organization strips their publication or program of most of its political content and concentrates on stuff they can sell -- beauty, fashion, food, etc. -- until there's nothing left but the bare bones, no frills consumerism. Although BET was never a great network, it is still quite some distance from where it began.

Years ago, I was among the many African Americans who pushed for local cable companies to air BET. Johnson then spoke of a network that would offer a voice to our communities that was varied, multi dimensional and educational. Now, Johnson is singing a different tune. "Music videos are anchor programming on BET," he said in the "BET Tonight" interview. Given BET's slogan, "Now That's Black," it's too bad the tag line is now synonymous for narrow, one-dimensional programming.

http://www.seeingblack.com/x040901/bet.shtml

Viacom now owns BET, but it began dumbing down it's programming before the buyout.

Anyone care to answer G5's question?

since when do liberals care about unintended consequences of feel-good laws

Nobody told me when the minorities will get off of the white mans back.

Ask Cantrell - he's the one who thinks schools are too hard and laws to harsh for nonwhites. (except he uses the term "disadvantaged" so he doesn't look racist)

The minorities aren't on the white man's back. The problem is the white man wants them to be on the white man's back so the white man can control them.

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    Linebacker59

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts