• Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cantrell

Ethnic studies classes now illegal in Arizona public schools

You have to give minority kids some self worth. Teach them about their historys at early ages. I don't know poo about Hispanic culture, but I literally had to find out everything I know about African history. It helped me form my ambitions to know that black people have done great things outside of America, and continue to do it today. Not every country in Africa is a poohole, and many have made great strides since gaining their Independence. Teach the kids that. Teach them that they can do anything they want to do if you put your mind to it, and show them examples of how that statement isn't bullpoo, but its true, and put faces on it. I don't give a poo if people would call this racist. Teach white kids about their history, teach Hispanics about theirs, teach blacks about theirs, tell them to respect each others cultures and historys and I bet my left nut sack graduation rates would go up along with test scores.

Wait you have a left nut sack? I'm jealous.

Everything else in your post is true.

That's not how you put things in the "Tea Party isn't racist" thread a while back. That's why I called you out on it.

But again, the biggest problem isn't that they're poor. The biggest problem is that they don't care. Whether they don't care because they're poor or they're poor because they don't care is up for debate, but you'll see that at the root cause. You'll see white, errr... "advantaged" kids who don't care. And they do equally bad. You'll see "disadvantaged" kids who do care and do exceptionally well.

The "centuries of oppression" excuse expired long ago. Yeah, that's the reason more black kids can use a music mixer to make rap songs than can do a geometric proof.

And they don't care because they have no self worth. I honestly have no clue why poor white kids don't care...maybe someone could enlighten me here.

That's not how you put things in the "Tea Party isn't racist" thread a while back. That's why I called you out on it.

But again, the biggest problem isn't that they're poor. The biggest problem is that they don't care. Whether they don't care because they're poor or they're poor because they don't care is up for debate, but you'll see that at the root cause. You'll see white, errr... "advantaged" kids who don't care. And they do equally bad. You'll see "disadvantaged" kids who do care and do exceptionally well.

There's still overt racism, which could explain the income gap between equally qualified whites and blacks, among other things. But regarding the school system and the legal system, I believe it's more of a class thing than a race thing.

The "centuries of oppression" excuse expired long ago. Yeah, that's the reason more black kids can use a music mixer to make rap songs than can do a geometric proof.

The centuries of oppression "excuse" won't "expire" until those who are confined to the lower classes thanks to said oppression are extended equal opportunity to succeed.

Also, lol @ your apparent contempt for rap music. Who didn't see that one coming?

You have to give minority kids some self worth. Teach them about their historys at early ages. I don't know poo about Hispanic culture, but I literally had to find out everything I know about African history. It helped me form my ambitions to know that black people have done great things outside of America, and continue to do it today. Not every country in Africa is a poohole, and many have made great strides since gaining their Independence. Teach the kids that. Teach them that they can do anything they want to do if you put your mind to it, and show them examples of how that statement isn't bullpoo, but its true, and put faces on it. I don't give a poo if people would call this racist. Teach white kids about their history, teach Hispanics about theirs, teach blacks about theirs, tell them to respect each others cultures and historys and I bet my left nut sack graduation rates would go up along with test scores.

I'm not even sure about that isolationist education. I learned a lot about Black history when I was in elementary school. I didn't learn much white history, other than American History, which was dominated by white culture at the time. I wished everything wasn't so black and white in education. I wish we learned more about Native American history (other than Thanksgiving, the Trail of Tears, and the Croatan). I think a lot of people would greatly benefit by learning some hispanic history as well (other than the Alamo and border crossing).

There's still overt racism, which could explain the income gap between equally qualified whites and blacks, among other things. But regarding the school system and the legal system, I believe it's more of a class thing than a race thing.

Overt racism isn't an explanation of the income gap. It is a scapegoat. It is a statistic used because it says what you want it to say.

You have a point that it is more of a class thing. I don't buy it when it comes to race. Like I said before, it takes more than the acknowledgment of a gap to prove racism.

The centuries of oppression "excuse" won't "expire" until those who are confined to the lower classes thanks to said oppression are extended equal opportunity to succeed.

Not having it and not taking it are two completely different things. I don't see how one could argue that there is no opportunity to succeed.

Wait, I take that back. Look at what some of the leftists on the huddle think about our economic system. They don't want opportunities to succeed. They want opportunities to spend other people's money.

Also, lol @ your apparent contempt for rap music. Who didn't see that one coming?

What, are you suggesting that I love geometry by comparing it to rap music? Nice logical leap. But yeah you might be right- I'm fine with the old school stuff - Clarence Carter through Naughty by Nature probably. Maybe I liked even a few spurts of gangsta rap like early Nas, but the garbage coming out today? It sucks just as bad as the other genres right now.

And they don't care because they have no self worth. I honestly have no clue why poor white kids don't care...maybe someone could enlighten me here.

For the same reason poor ______ kids don't care. Some think they have better things to do. Some get in trouble. Some want to work on a farm and school takes away their time.

My mother was told that school takes away common sense. As a result, she didn't finish 8th grade.

The whole "blaming someone else" thing is fuging getting old.

Blacks and whites in school have the same opportunities....they can take the same classes...have the same teachers...etc..

Don't blame me that they would rather play pick-up ball down on the corner than crack a book.

The day that youtake accountability for their your own lives, decisions, and success will be the day that racism starts to die in this country. Until then, the likes of you.....those that make excuses rather than opportunities....will continue to perpetrate this belief that "someone else is the reason for their lack of success".

Overt racism isn't an explanation of the income gap. It is a scapegoat. It is a statistic used because it says what you want it to say.

You have a point that it is more of a class thing. I don't buy it when it comes to race. Like I said before, it takes more than the acknowledgment of a gap to prove racism.

Do you have a better theory for why equally qualified blacks make less than whites? For why blacks with the exact same degree as whites make thousands less? Is it because white people just want it more? Or black people just want to make less money?

Not having it and not taking it are two completely different things. I don't see how one could argue that there is no opportunity to succeed.

Wait, I take that back. Look at what some of the leftists on the huddle think about our economic system. They don't want opportunities to succeed. They want opportunities to spend other people's money.

This isn't a meritocracy. Generally, poor people aren't poor because they don't take advantage of opportunities; It's because they lack opportunities. Students from poor families achieve less. Why is that? Are they just genetically predisposed to failure? Do they just enjoy being poor? It's not about wanting to spend other people's money; they'd just like to have equal footing. And just as the poor had little say in whether or not they are poor, the rich generally have less to do with why they are rich. It's about how advantaged they are compared to their peers.

Racism_in_America_cartoon.jpg

I mean, I get it, you think every rich person earned every dollar they made; they just had more "want to". CEO's making more in a week than some families make in a year? Well, they're just 52 times as hard working as those families. It's not their fault that poor families would rather live paycheck-to-paycheck, rather than go out and earn a few million a year.

What, are you suggesting that I love geometry by comparing it to rap music? Nice logical leap. But yeah you might be right- I'm fine with the old school stuff - Clarence Carter through Naughty by Nature probably. Maybe I liked even a few spurts of gangsta rap like early Nas, but the garbage coming out today? It sucks just as bad as the other genres right now.

I'm suggesting that "derpderp rap music derp" came from fuging nowhere. You basically called it a negative alternative to doing well in school when the two aren't exactly mutually exclusive.

Sweet stereotype though, bro.

It's not really surprising to see some older, conservative, probably balding (lol) and thus overcompensating guy suggest that today's music is garbage. Judging rap music by Gucci Mane and Soulja Boy is like judging country by Toby Keith and rock by Nickelback. I'm sure, back in your day, music was the way it was supposed to be, and you walked 10 miles UPHILL to school every day, both ways. Also, you're where you're at today because you worked hard, and it just burns you up to hear that you were advantaged in any way.

And lol at the thought of you listening to Nas. Seriously, lol.

"black people are poor because they embrace a culture of poverty and would rather commit crimes than succeed"

*puts on Illmatic*

*does the sprinkler*

Do you have a better theory for why equally qualified blacks make less than whites? For why blacks with the exact same degree as whites make thousands less? Is it because white people just want it more? Or black people just want to make less money?

This isn't a meritocracy. Generally, poor people aren't poor because they don't take advantage of opportunities; It's because they lack opportunities. Students from poor families achieve less. Why is that? Are they just genetically predisposed to failure? Do they just enjoy being poor? It's not about wanting to spend other people's money; they'd just like to have equal footing. And just as the poor had little say in whether or not they are poor, the rich generally have less to do with why they are rich. It's about how advantaged they are compared to their peers.

I mean, I get it, you think every rich person earned every dollar they made; they just had more "want to". CEO's making more in a week than some families make in a year? Well, they're just 52 times as hard working as those families. It's not their fault that poor families would rather live paycheck-to-paycheck, rather than go out and earn a few million a year.

I'm suggesting that "derpderp rap music derp" came from fuging nowhere. You basically called it a negative alternative to doing well in school when the two aren't exactly mutually exclusive.

It's not really surprising to see some older, conservative, probably balding (lol) and thus overcompensating guy suggest that today's music is garbage. Judging rap music by Gucci Mane and Soulja Boy is like judging country by Toby Keith and rock by Nickelback. I'm sure, back in your day, music was the way it was supposed to be, and you walked 10 miles UPHILL to school every day, both ways. Also, you're where you're at today because you worked hard, and it just burns you up to hear that you were advantaged in any way.

"black people are poor because they embrace a culture of poverty and would rather commit crimes than succeed"

*puts on Illmatic*

*does the sprinkler*

Keep making excuse after excuse after excuse......it is much easier to blame society, the sytem, the man, etc., than to look in the mirror and blame the true culprit.

Yeah, its called working for different companies. A city manager in California was making over 800,000. The president makes $400,000. That's gotta be due to racism. /cantrell logic

And by making everything equal, you mean you have to pay out the wahoo to get anything done. Think about the dozens of inspectors that big nanny requires you to have (at your own expense) just to build a building. Carnegie and Ford didn't start out millionaires. In today's world, they never could have gotten started. All for the sake of "equal footing" Give me a break. The same people taking away opportunities are the same people complaining about the lack of opportunities.

Again?

And so, what are you suggesting? Paying CEOs less will make unskilled workers richer?

And are you going to answer my question? Why can more black kids run a music mixer program than can do a geometric proof?

Am I wrong, sis?

sweet stereotype, sis.

Yeah I was very advantaged - I may have seen my parents sober for a total of an hour my entire life. I was so spoiled that I got apples, bananas and clothes hangers on more than one Christmas. My mother never finished 8th grade and my father was too high to realize he had kids.

If only everyone had it as good as me......

lol at you missing another point. seriously

*puts on Illmatic*

*does the sprinkler*

You said it.

So Cantrell, I am curious.

1. What is your definition of equal opportunity.

2. What is the point at which you think a "disadvantaged" person becomes "Advantaged"

3. Who do you think is responsible to make up for what an individual is not providing for themselves.

4. Do you really believe that in this country, if a person really wants to succeed at something, that they are actually prevented from doing so?

Keep making excuse after excuse after excuse......it is much easier to blame society, the sytem, the man, etc., than to look in the mirror and blame the true culprit.

It is also easier to blame the oppressed when you sit atop the pyramid working for a Fortune 500 company...

Seriously dude, talking about looking in the mirror... I'm sure that is something you do quite a bit...

While I agree that there are those who would not do for themselves, there are also those that are not afforded the same ability to do so...

But yeah, it is much easier to write off things such as underfunded and ineffective schools and lack of adult involvement and leadership in someone's life and blame it on picking up a basketball like you did earlier...

most white people (I speak for my own race) fail to understand the concept of the generations upon generations of inherited obstacles...

It is kinda hard to get out of the 'hood if your father's father's father was forced to live there, and survive in the conditions of his captivity...

While I agree that there are those who would not do for themselves, there are also those that are not afforded the same ability to do so...

I do not have the ability to make millions playing pro Football/basketball/baseball etc, whose responsibility is it to make up for my lack of ability?

But yeah, it is much easier to write off things such as underfunded and ineffective schools

This is an issue that should be fixed by Society as a whole.

and lack of adult involvement and leadership in someone's life and blame it on picking up a basketball like you did earlier...

Who do you think is responsible for filling this void?