93 replies to this topic

#31 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,401 posts

Posted 03 January 2011 - 08:29 PM

I gave up and joined the inane banter when it was clear it was the only thing that would generate a response. ;)

Besides...I said I was paraphrasing Chris Rock. You know...that thing where I'm saying something that's essentially what CR is saying but maybe not word for word?

#32 cantrell

cantrell

secular progressive bogeyman

• HUDDLER
  • 4,447 posts

Posted 03 January 2011 - 08:32 PM

Ask Cantrell - he's the one who thinks schools are too hard and laws to harsh for nonwhites. (except he uses the term "disadvantaged" so he doesn't look racist)

Yeah, um, no. But I'm totally not surprised that you would either:

a) grossly misrepresent my argument
or
B) lack the mental capacity to understand my argument

#33 googoodan

googoodan

Memberest

• HUDDLER
  • 10,648 posts
  • LocationBayside

Posted 03 January 2011 - 08:37 PM

Yeah, um, no. But I'm totally not surprised that you would either:

a) grossly misrepresent my argument
or
B) lack the mental capacity to understand my argument

So, what was your argument? Don't beat around the bush; just grab your ovaries and tell us.

#34 Awesomeness!

Awesomeness!

Zulu

• HUDDLER
  • 5,346 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 03 January 2011 - 08:40 PM

I gave up and joined the inane banter when it was clear it was the only thing that would generate a response. ;)

Besides...I said I was paraphrasing Chris Rock. You know...that thing where I'm saying something that's essentially what CR is saying but maybe not word for word?

And I said CR was wrong..

#35 Starscream

Starscream

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,866 posts
  • LocationLaurinburg, NC

Posted 03 January 2011 - 08:44 PM

The minorities aren't on the white man's back. The problem is the white man wants them to be on the white man's back so the white man can control them.

That's the problem. Minorities aren't on the white man's back. It's the extremist voices of the minorities that are always on the white man's back (Jesse Jackson and co...) which make minorities look like they are always against "whitey".

#36 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 18,401 posts

Posted 03 January 2011 - 08:46 PM

And I said CR was wrong..

inconceivable

#37 Awesomeness!

Awesomeness!

Zulu

• HUDDLER
  • 5,346 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 03 January 2011 - 08:49 PM

That's the problem. Minorities aren't on the white man's back. It's the extremist voices of the minorities that are always on the white man's back (Jesse Jackson and co...) which make minorities look like they are always against "whitey".

I literally do not know one person of color that gives two shits about Jesse Jackson and company. Why the left gives those people any time of day is beyond me.

#38 cantrell

cantrell

secular progressive bogeyman

• HUDDLER
  • 4,447 posts

Posted 03 January 2011 - 08:51 PM

So, what was your argument? Don't beat around the bush; just grab your ovaries and tell us.

I've told you several times. Children from poor/disadvantaged families statistically perform worse in school. Minorities are disproportionately poor and thus, disadvantaged. School isn't "too hard" when people are given similar advantages. The lack of upward mobility in America means that poor people are generally destined to be poor.

You claim that my argument is that school is too hard for nonwhites, when my argument is that those from advantaged backgrounds achieve more thanks to the system currently in place. This is a misrepresentation. My entire argument is based on a lack of upward mobility for those comprising the lower class. They just happen to be mostly minorities thanks to a few centuries of oppression.

The law isn't necessarily "too harsh" on non-whites. The law is "too harsh" on the disadvantaged. Poor people are generally more likely to commit crime, no one's going to argue against this. It just so happens that minorities are disproportionately poor. I've said several times that America is structurally racist; less "white people are superior so fug minorities" and more "I worked for what I've got so if minorities just happen to be disproportionately poor, that's on them. It's just random chance."

It's precious that you continually try to spin this as "cantrell is racist" but that's a pretty popular tactic amongst conservatives, so I'm used to it by now.

#39 googoodan

googoodan

Memberest

• HUDDLER
  • 10,648 posts
  • LocationBayside

Posted 03 January 2011 - 08:53 PM

I literally do not know one person of color that gives two poos about Jesse Jackson and company. Why the left gives those people any time of day is beyond me.

Been wondering the same thing myself.

#40 Awesomeness!

Awesomeness!

Zulu

• HUDDLER
  • 5,346 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 03 January 2011 - 08:55 PM

I've told you several times. Children from poor/disadvantaged families statistically perform worse in school. Minorities are disproportionately poor and thus, disadvantaged. School isn't "too hard" when people are given similar advantages. The lack of upward mobility in America means that poor people are generally destined to be poor.

You claim that my argument is that school is too hard for nonwhites, when my argument is that those from advantaged backgrounds achieve more thanks to the system currently in place. This is a misrepresentation. My entire argument is based on a lack of upward mobility for those comprising the lower class. They just happen to be mostly minorities thanks to a few centuries of oppression.

The law isn't necessarily "too harsh" on non-whites. The law is "too harsh" on the disadvantaged. Poor people are generally more likely to commit crime, no one's going to argue against this. It just so happens that minorities are disproportionately poor. I've said several times that America is structurally racist; less "white people are superior so fug minorities" and more "I worked for what I've got so if minorities just happen to be disproportionately poor, that's on them. It's just random chance."

It's precious that you continually try to spin this as "cantrell is racist" but that's a pretty popular tactic amongst conservatives, so I'm used to it by now.

Oh now, we're just dumb. Stop making excuses for us you're living in a politically correct shell. The South will rise again!

#41 Starscream

Starscream

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,866 posts
  • LocationLaurinburg, NC

Posted 03 January 2011 - 09:01 PM

I literally do not know one person of color that gives two poos about Jesse Jackson and company. Why the left gives those people any time of day is beyond me.

My point exactly. Why the black community doesn't rise up and kick this guy's @$$ is beyond me. Sharpton is ignorant as well when it comes to a lot of racial subjects, but he does have a bit of common sense from time to time. I'm not saying put a bunch of Uncle Tom's in power, but Jesus, someone speak out on Jackson and his type already.

#42 Starscream

Starscream

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,866 posts
  • LocationLaurinburg, NC

Posted 03 January 2011 - 09:04 PM

I agree with you here and I think more than most in the Tinderbox do as well. Where a lot start to differ is on the solution to the problem.

#43 Awesomeness!

Awesomeness!

Zulu

• HUDDLER
  • 5,346 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 03 January 2011 - 09:09 PM

My point exactly. Why the black community doesn't rise up and kick this guy's @$$ is beyond me. Sharpton is ignorant as well when it comes to a lot of racial subjects, but he does have a bit of common sense from time to time. I'm not saying put a bunch of Uncle Tom's in power, but Jesus, someone speak out on Jackson and his type already.

These people have done more harm to race relations in this country than the fuging KKK. I remember when Micheal Jackson died, this fool is on TV bitching about how everyone was talking about how he fuged kids, and they did it because he was black. I'm sitting there thinking, I've heard maybe 2,3 people bring this up. Everyone else is paying tribute. He has hijacked the title of "leader of black people" and is a fake ass MLK imo I don't mind differing opinions, but when the first thing out of your mouth is ALWAYS "white, black, race, and/or racist you need to go away.

#44 Awesomeness!

Awesomeness!

Zulu

• HUDDLER
  • 5,346 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 03 January 2011 - 09:15 PM

I agree with you here and I think more than most in the Tinderbox do as well. Where a lot start to differ is on the solution to the problem.

You have to give minority kids some self worth. Teach them about their historys at early ages. I don't know poo about Hispanic culture, but I literally had to find out everything I know about African history. It helped me form my ambitions to know that black people have done great things outside of America, and continue to do it today. Not every country in Africa is a shithole, and many have made great strides since gaining their Independence. Teach the kids that. Teach them that they can do anything they want to do if you put your mind to it, and show them examples of how that statement isn't bullshit, but its true, and put faces on it. I don't give a poo if people would call this racist. Teach white kids about their history, teach Hispanics about theirs, teach blacks about theirs, tell them to respect each others cultures and historys and I bet my left nut sack graduation rates would go up along with test scores.

#45 googoodan

googoodan

Memberest

• HUDDLER
  • 10,648 posts
  • LocationBayside

Posted 03 January 2011 - 09:16 PM

That's not how you put things in the "Tea Party isn't racist" thread a while back. That's why I called you out on it.
But again, the biggest problem isn't that they're poor. The biggest problem is that they don't care. Whether they don't care because they're poor or they're poor because they don't care is up for debate, but you'll see that at the root cause. You'll see white, errr... "advantaged" kids who don't care. And they do equally bad. You'll see "disadvantaged" kids who do care and do exceptionally well.

The "centuries of oppression" excuse expired long ago. Yeah, that's the reason more black kids can use a music mixer to make rap songs than can do a geometric proof.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com