Photo
- - - - -

Ethnic studies classes now illegal in Arizona public schools

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
93 replies to this topic

#91 Chimera

Chimera

Not Bant

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 06 January 2011 - 11:34 PM

[quote]The text that you have entered is too long (11505 characters). Please shorten it to 10000 characters long.
[/quote]

WTF is this?

[quote name='cantrell']bla bla bla[/quote]

Not anything remotely like what I said. When people get a nice, well-paying, cushy job, they keep it. That equals fewer opportunities for everyone.

Since you once posted some information from when Nas' "It Was Written" was a current CD about blacks with master's degrees making less than whites with master's degrees, I just wanna ask a question.
How many jobs do you know, where a master's degree is required, do you NOT name, or at least negotiate, your own salary?

No trying to analyze why I'm asking. You know why I'm asking. Can you answer? I won't hold my breath.

[quote]bla bla bla[/quote]

This makes as much sense as using the Crusades of 1000 years ago to prove that Christians are evil. America didn't become wealthy until the early 20th century. I'd say Chinese slavery from the railroads would have more to do with wealth than African slavery. Seriously, cotton and tobacco don't grow only in the United States. The US didn't get rich off of cotton and tobacco slaves. The plantation owners got rich.
Why else has the South only recently caught the rest of the country in terms of economic power?

[quote]bla bla bla [/quote]

Don't tell me what I think. You already try to speak for black people. Don't speak for me. Nobody needs you to be their voice.

Same goes for Jesse Jackson's "racial relations" advisers who get hired at seven figure salaries.
You do realize that the stats you used are out there because someone before you had an agenda, right? Why aren't jobs compared to the same jobs in the same areas?

[quote]lol[/quote]
It ain't funny. I find it sad when someone can't stand up for himself.

Nope - its not a stereotype that blacks like rap more than geometry. I bet you'll find more blacks who listen to country and play horseshoes than like geometry.

I didn't. I asked a question. You read into it and put words in my mouth. Standard cantrell post.

My argument is that as long as blacks are victimized for attrocities 150 years ago and people like you make excuses for them, they will stay where they are.
That has not been your argument. You have consistently argued that blacks are disadvantaged because of slavery and racism. That is when I "lose my poo."

[quote]You lose your poo every time you hear that. To you, it isn't "poor people are poor because of culture"; it's "black people are poor because of culture. That's why black people would rather work a mixer than do geometry derpderp." [/quote]

Quote it.

Give me a case study example of a white and a black with equal qualifications, working in the same area, doing the same job, at the same company, with the same social network. An apples to apples comparison is an acceptable standard of proof.

Just showing the stupidity of you speaking for an entire race when you don't understand people in general.

[quote]Also, sweet sexism bro. Again, ladies and gentlemen, the American conservative.[/quote]

Ok, if you don't want ovaries, grow a set of jugs.
Any way you look at it, you're scared of the people for whom you're trying to be the voice. Does that make any effin' sense?

Then why do you keep posting anecdotal evidence? Your silly cartoon. Your strawman comparisons of wages from 1996. Your charges of racism.
Please keep your own standard of proof in mind so that you and I don't kill any more threads.

[quote]Are you confusing your weird view of Democrats with "liberals" again?[/quote]

Is that a guilty conscience or what? I didn't mention any political party or view. I mentioned elites. If you think Republican and Democrat elites don't slurp one anothers' taints, I've got some ocean front property on the moon to sell you.

[quote] Ignoring this whole grand conspiracy you're concocting here, let me just tell you, again, that Democrats aren't "liberals" and when you refer to some sort of "liberal agenda", I assume you're talking about people left-of-center.[/quote]

What liberal agenda did I mention?

[quote]And no, welfare isn't given to insure a lower class.[/quote]

If you'd pay attention to what I said, you'd know that I said it is to ensure the lower class stays lower.

[quote] I could see where you'd think that, though. I bet you believe that there are plenty of "welfare queens" out there too, don't you? Lazy people who abuse the system, right? Taking "your" money which you earned all on your own, paid based solely on merit. Well, surely you don't believe that, because you said yourself that people aren't paid what they're worth. The cognitive dissonance must be staggering. "People aren't paid what they're worth, but the lower class should stop being lazy and make what they're worth. While we've established that the elites will take advantage of all of those below them, to the best of their ability, the onus is on the lower class to pull themselves up by their bootstraps. It just wouldn't be FAIR to provide for the lower class, even though the current system caters to the elite."[/quote]

Quote where I said any of it. No balls. No ovaries. No jugs. No backbone.

You tried to Sigmund Freud my life; you were wrong. Now you're crying anecdotal evidence? Aren't you glad I taught you the meaning of anecdotal evidence in the Arizona immigration thread? You haven't stopped using it since. And now you're crying because my childhood isn't documented? Well, when I put a guy on life support for trying to rape my sister, that was documented in local newspapers. You might be able to find my name on some high school All-State track teams or All-Conference football teams. You probably won't find anything about basketball, because I sat on the bench. But, meh, I doubt you could find any other documentation about my life. Find it yourself, creeper.

Holy phuq, you're hung up on this music thing. Look, my iTunes has over 14,000 songs. There really isn't much I haven't listened to. Sorry, I guess that is all anecdotal too, isn't it?

I don't give a phug what you think Nas will do. Nas doesn't even hang out with lower class black people. What makes you think he'd hang out with me?

No wonder you are afraid of black people. You think they are feral creatures who attack at the first sign of conflict. Too bad they haven't reached human status in your mind. Maybe then you wouldn't feel the need to speak on their behalf.
Here's some more anecdotal evidence: I was the only white kid in my neighborhood. My shoes were brands like Voit, Rawlings, Wilson, etc. I grew up fighting black kids. I grew up with black kids fighting on my behalf. Sorry, I don't have that fear of blacks that you have. Sorry, I don't have to be fake around them to have black friends.

Stop speaking on behalf of other people. If they need something said, they can do it. All my black friends believe in personal responsibility. Jesse Jackson-type blacks make up probably 0.00005% of the black population. If you knew black people, you would know that.
NA doesn't count. He's whiter than me. NA, don't act like I'm the first person to question your blackness.

[quote] I'm still going to say that black people are disadvantaged in America, whenever the time calls for it, for as long as the statistics support it. Just try not to get so butt-hurt over it next time because I've done all I can, time and time again, to explain it to you. You can't, or won't, understand it. I'm flattered that you would go through the trouble of ham-fisting a name-drop of Nas and Naughty By Nature, but it didn't really do much for your argument. Good effort though.[/QUOTE]

Sweet pretending to be the victor, sis.

Edited by googoodan, 06 January 2011 - 11:37 PM.

#92 Claws

Claws

HUDDLER

Posted 07 January 2011 - 11:50 AM

Lil Wayne owns rap.

But I prefer 50 Cent.

#93 tight lines

tight lines

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 07 January 2011 - 04:23 PM

Do you have a better theory for why equally qualified blacks make less than whites? For why blacks with the exact same degree as whites make thousands less? Is it because white people just want it more? Or black people just want to make less money?

Without seeing the data for the study you are referencing (I would be curious to read the study) One explanation that comes to mind is that at least some of if not all of this income gap could be due to the locality in which these jobs are performed. 55% of the African American population in the US resides in the South. The South as a region has the lowest average income of the four regions of the US. It would certainly take a detailed study to determine what if anything this has to do with the income gap. I for one would be interested in the findings of such a study.

#94 Chimera

Chimera

Not Bant

HUDDLER

Posted 08 January 2011 - 01:02 AM

Without seeing the data for the study you are referencing (I would be curious to read the study) One explanation that comes to mind is that at least some of if not all of this income gap could be due to the locality in which these jobs are performed. 55% of the African American population in the US resides in the South. The South as a region has the lowest average income of the four regions of the US. It would certainly take a detailed study to determine what if anything this has to do with the income gap. I for one would be interested in the findings of such a study.

b..b..but racism. slavery. upward mobility derp derp derp.

excuuuuuuseesssssss