Photo
- - - - -

Ethnic studies classes now illegal in Arizona public schools

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
93 replies to this topic

#85 Chimera

Chimera

Not Bant

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 04 January 2011 - 11:28 PM

So you're really going with the "random chance" angle? It just so happens that black people work for companies that pay less? k

Sure. Companies that pay well tend to have lower turnover. If that is the lack of opportunities you're talking about, then I guess you win.

Is that what I mean? Or is that what you say I mean, again?

lol @ u, of all people, saying this. you're the master at putting words into mouths.

Well you obviously didn't process it the first few times I posted it.

Its as untrue now as it was then.

No. I'm suggesting that a person's worth, work ethic, and qualifications isn't reflected in their pay. But hey, let's keep funneling money into the upper class. That'll fix things.

I could've told you that without all the drama. Its what you know and who you know, not what you do. What does it have to do with race?

Can you cite a source for that?

Can't cite common sense for dullards.

I don't know. Sounds like something you just pulled out of your ass. You tell me.

Of course I pulled it out of my ass. I also know it to be true. You also know it to be true but, as much as you want to stereotype me, you're afraid to stereotype blacks. Sounds like a serious case of cowardice to me.

If this is true, your parents must have slapped you around too, because a traumatic brain injury is the only thing I could think of that would lead to such conservative beliefs coming from that background. Maybe FAS.

Wasn't FAS as my mother didn't start drinking until I was about 6 or so.
You know, that's my back ground, but I've never bitched about it once or blamed anyone for how my life turned out.
Too bad the Liberal agenda is to give dollar after dollar to your so-called victims to ensure that they never, ever try to escape from similar situations.

Also, sweet anecdotal evidence. The statistics bear out that there is little upward mobility, so this doesn't really change anything, whether you're aware of the plight of the poor or not.

Phuq your anecdotal evidence BS. This isn't a courtroom. You wanted to go Sigmund Freud on me, so I just let you know that you're wrong as usual.

Once I saw that you had listened to Nas, I wasn't really interested in any points.

So now you're playing elitist? lol @ you becoming more stereotypical of the left every second.

#86 cantrell

cantrell

secular progressive bogeyman

HUDDLER

Posted 05 January 2011 - 11:49 AM

Sure. Companies that pay well tend to have lower turnover. If that is the lack of opportunities you're talking about, then I guess you win.

So black people should be grateful that, on average, they make less than white people? Ladies and gentleman, this is conservative America. Whether there is higher turnover or not, on average, white people make more in their lifetimes than black people, even when qualifications are equal.

lol @ u, of all people, saying this. you're the master at putting words into mouths.

Even if that were true, you only look like an ass when you continually bitch about it, then do it yourself.

Its as untrue now as it was then.

Do explain.

I could've told you that without all the drama. Its what you know and who you know, not what you do. What does it have to do with race?

Actually, no, it's not. And what does this have to do with race? Black people are disadvantaged, and you fuging lose your poo every time you hear that. And I love it.

Can't cite common sense for dullards.

So you CAN'T cite it? k

Of course I pulled it out of my ass. I also know it to be true. You also know it to be true but, as much as you want to stereotype me, you're afraid to stereotype blacks. Sounds like a serious case of cowardice to me.

You KNOW it to be true? That might explain several of your positions. You can't really cite something to back it up, but that sure as hell doesn't stop you from believing it. You know, based on nothing.

Wasn't FAS as my mother didn't start drinking until I was about 6 or so.
You know, that's my back ground, but I've never bitched about it once or blamed anyone for how my life turned out.
Too bad the Liberal agenda is to give dollar after dollar to your so-called victims to ensure that they never, ever try to escape from similar situations.

"I was lucky enough to end up middle class, though I was never destitute to begin with. Because of this, I think I pulled myself up by my bootstraps and anyone else should actually be able to pull themselves up by theirs."

Also, the "Liberal agenda" isn't about giving "dollar after dollar" to "so-called victims". It's about providing quality educational opportunities and quality work opportunities to those who traditionally aren't granted such advantages.

Phuq your anecdotal evidence BS. This isn't a courtroom. You wanted to go Sigmund Freud on me, so I just let you know that you're wrong as usual.

Sorry for responding to your misguided opinions with the request for greater evidence than your little sob story.

So now you're playing elitist? lol @ you becoming more stereotypical of the left every second.

Hey, if that's what you want to call it. Yes, it's pretty hilarious to think that you listen to Nas. I apologize.

#87 Claws

Claws

HUDDLER

Posted 05 January 2011 - 11:59 AM

Who listens to Nas anyway? ha!

And really, why can't the blacks just be happy with what they've got? I mean, poo, it's not like they were held down or made slaves or systematically ruined or had crack pushed in the ghettos by the Al-CIA-duh.....

oh wait,

nevermind.

#88 Chimera

Chimera

Not Bant

HUDDLER

Posted 06 January 2011 - 12:48 PM

So black people should be grateful that, on average, they make less than white people? Ladies and gentleman, this is conservative America. Whether there is higher turnover or not, on average, white people make more in their lifetimes than black people, even when qualifications are equal.

That isn't anything remotely like what I said. You prove your stupidity with every post.

Even if that were true, you only look like an ass when you continually bitch about it, then do it yourself.

Yeah, its pretty annoying, isn't it? Wait til later in this reply...

Do explain.

Its a cartoon. Not reality. Repeatedly posting it doesn't make it true. I know the media teaches otherwise, but no. Never.

Actually, no, it's not. And what does this have to do with race? Black people are disadvantaged, and you fuging lose your poo every time you hear that. And I love it.

You must be too young to work if you think you are paid by what you do. A good resume can only get you an interview. A good network can get you a job.

So you CAN'T cite it? k

Look at you, too cowardly to say "because rap is more interesting than geometry." Are you scared that some black dude is gonna knock you out for telling the truth? Is it really that hard to accept as fact that rap is more interesting to blacks than geometry? Look, rap is more interesting than geometry to every kid in America.
I can't believe you're that scared. I bet you run across the street when you see a black person on the same sidewalk as you. I bet your only black friends are your friends because you cower to their every demand. I bet you even try to talk with urban slang.

You KNOW it to be true? That might explain several of your positions. You can't really cite something to back it up, but that sure as hell doesn't stop you from believing it. You know, based on nothing.

Show me any kid who likes geometry more than rap, or any music for that matter. Seriously, grow a set of ovaries.

"I was lucky enough to end up middle class, though I was never destitute to begin with. Because of this, I think I pulled myself up by my bootstraps and anyone else should actually be able to pull themselves up by theirs."

So, do you care to reply to what I actually said?

Also, the "Liberal agenda" isn't about giving "dollar after dollar" to "so-called victims". It's about providing quality educational opportunities and quality work opportunities to those who traditionally aren't granted such advantages.

I can't begin to describe your level of credulity. It is to garantee the elites never have to deal with common folk.

Sorry for responding to your misguided opinions with the request for greater evidence than your little sob story.

What do you want, a time machine to go back and watch me grow up? You're one creepy little lady.

Hey, if that's what you want to call it. Yes, it's pretty hilarious to think that you listen to Nas. I apologize.

Present tense? So, early Nas is current? "If I Ruled the World" was 1996, not 2011.
Sorry, Mr. Elite. I's will go back to my holler and wait for my checks in the mail, suh.

#89 Mvp2014

Mvp2014

Phenom

HUDDLER

Posted 06 January 2011 - 01:16 PM

blame this, blame that, feel sorry for yourself, its all good. Funny how everyone has gripes and no solutions. Anyone can do something with their life if they want to, if you want to blame someone go call your stupid parents who didnt teach you any life skills.

#90 cantrell

cantrell

secular progressive bogeyman

HUDDLER

Posted 06 January 2011 - 05:55 PM

That isn't anything remotely like what I said. You prove your stupidity with every post.

So you weren't suggesting that black people weren't disadvantaged because, while they get paid thousands less than white people on average, they're less likely to be fired? Also, [citation needed] for that one. You should have shown me that black people are less likely to be fired, since we've already established that they're more likely to be paid less. That might have been more effective.

Its a cartoon. Not reality. Repeatedly posting it doesn't make it true. I know the media teaches otherwise, but no. Never.

Yeah, you think white people haven't enjoyed an advantage over black people. You also think that wealth in America wasn't initially accumulated on the backs of slaves, resulting in a significant economic divide between whites and the former slave class. We get it. You think there is significant upward mobility in America. You think that once the CRA passed, black people were, and have been, treated equally. You're wrong, but at least you're willing to put it out there.

You must be too young to work if you think you are paid by what you do. A good resume can only get you an interview. A good network can get you a job.

Oh, so black people make significantly less than white people because they're not a part of the "good ol' boys" network? I could see that.

Look at you, too cowardly to say "because rap is more interesting than geometry." Are you scared that some black dude is gonna knock you out for telling the truth? Is it really that hard to accept as fact that rap is more interesting to blacks than geometry? Look, rap is more interesting than geometry to every kid in America.
I can't believe you're that scared. I bet you run across the street when you see a black person on the same sidewalk as you. I bet your only black friends are your friends because you cower to their every demand. I bet you even try to talk with urban slang.

lol

You're trying pretty hard to make it appear as though you didn't stereotype an entire race just a few posts ago. Considering that the greatest mainstream rapper alive is white, I don't understand why you chose to make it a specific race issue. And before you try to pull a "gotcha" moment, as if I've argued that blacks are the only ones that are the victims here, I'll repeat my position. Poor people are disadvantaged. Black people are disproportionately poor. My argument all along is that, generally, black people are disadvantaged. You lose your poo every time you hear that. To you, it isn't "poor people are poor because of culture"; it's "black people are poor because of culture. That's why black people would rather work a mixer than do geometry derpderp." No, black people are disproportionately poor because of limited mobility with a side of overt racism. While poor whites and blacks are both victims of "classism", at least poor whites aren't victimized through overt racism in the same way that blacks are. When a white person succeeds in school, he is likely to make more money than an equally successful (and qualified) black person.

Show me any kid who likes geometry more than rap, or any music for that matter. Seriously, grow a set of ovaries.

Then how is this, in any way, related to the debate? How could you even attempt to use it as evidence for your position? If it's constant across the board, it is entirely unrelated to the significant achievement and income gaps. Thank you for your worthless "point".

Also, sweet sexism bro. Again, ladies and gentlemen, the American conservative.

So, do you care to reply to what I actually said?

Do I care to reply to any anecdotal evidence? No, not really.

I can't begin to describe your level of credulity. It is to garantee the elites never have to deal with common folk.

Are you confusing your weird view of Democrats with "liberals" again? Ignoring this whole grand conspiracy you're concocting here, let me just tell you, again, that Democrats aren't "liberals" and when you refer to some sort of "liberal agenda", I assume you're talking about people left-of-center.

And no, welfare isn't given to insure a lower class. I could see where you'd think that, though. I bet you believe that there are plenty of "welfare queens" out there too, don't you? Lazy people who abuse the system, right? Taking "your" money which you earned all on your own, paid based solely on merit. Well, surely you don't believe that, because you said yourself that people aren't paid what they're worth. The cognitive dissonance must be staggering. "People aren't paid what they're worth, but the lower class should stop being lazy and make what they're worth. While we've established that the elites will take advantage of all of those below them, to the best of their ability, the onus is on the lower class to pull themselves up by their bootstraps. It just wouldn't be FAIR to provide for the lower class, even though the current system caters to the elite."

What do you want, a time machine to go back and watch me grow up? You're one creepy little lady.

No, I'd just appreciate it if you wouldn't try to use anecdotal evidence to support your already flimsy argument. Oh, wait, "this isn't a courtroom", so apparently I should just buy the bullpoo you're selling because you said so. I mean, if you can't back anything up with factual information, I don't really see why you would expect me to buy it. That being said, I haven't changed one mind here when providing statistics that support my argument, in the face of nothing but anecdotes and sexist "jokes", so I don't really know why I bother; Especially considering that, while America has lurched to the right, it will never approach your ideal. The lower classes will revolt long before that happens. I've wasted enough of my time arguing with a throw-away vote who thinks anecdotes and name-calling are enough.

Present tense? So, early Nas is current? "If I Ruled the World" was 1996, not 2011.
Sorry, Mr. Elite. I's will go back to my holler and wait for my checks in the mail, suh.

It's not about elitism. It's about not understanding what you're listening to. You were listening to Nas, a guy who'd drop your cracker ass the moment you told him that black people simply choose to be poor, and that black people aren't the victims of a history of oppression.

I have no desire to continue this. We have argued this in several topics and it always ends the same way (this isn't a courtroom! you know it's true, you just won't admit it! you're the true racist!). I mean, seriously, go point-by-point again. Declare yourself the e-victor. You, and those that stood on the sidelines and got aroused by your pseudo-racist garbage, will never change your minds regardless of how I would respond. I'm still going to say that black people are disadvantaged in America, whenever the time calls for it, for as long as the statistics support it. Just try not to get so butt-hurt over it next time because I've done all I can, time and time again, to explain it to you. You can't, or won't, understand it. I'm flattered that you would go through the trouble of ham-fisting a name-drop of Nas and Naughty By Nature, but it didn't really do much for your argument. Good effort though.

Edited by cantrell, 06 January 2011 - 06:00 PM.

#91 Chimera

Chimera

Not Bant

HUDDLER

Posted 06 January 2011 - 11:34 PM

[quote]The text that you have entered is too long (11505 characters). Please shorten it to 10000 characters long.
[/quote]

WTF is this?

[quote name='cantrell']bla bla bla[/quote]

Not anything remotely like what I said. When people get a nice, well-paying, cushy job, they keep it. That equals fewer opportunities for everyone.

Since you once posted some information from when Nas' "It Was Written" was a current CD about blacks with master's degrees making less than whites with master's degrees, I just wanna ask a question.
How many jobs do you know, where a master's degree is required, do you NOT name, or at least negotiate, your own salary?

No trying to analyze why I'm asking. You know why I'm asking. Can you answer? I won't hold my breath.

[quote]bla bla bla[/quote]

This makes as much sense as using the Crusades of 1000 years ago to prove that Christians are evil. America didn't become wealthy until the early 20th century. I'd say Chinese slavery from the railroads would have more to do with wealth than African slavery. Seriously, cotton and tobacco don't grow only in the United States. The US didn't get rich off of cotton and tobacco slaves. The plantation owners got rich.
Why else has the South only recently caught the rest of the country in terms of economic power?

[quote]bla bla bla [/quote]

Don't tell me what I think. You already try to speak for black people. Don't speak for me. Nobody needs you to be their voice.

Same goes for Jesse Jackson's "racial relations" advisers who get hired at seven figure salaries.
You do realize that the stats you used are out there because someone before you had an agenda, right? Why aren't jobs compared to the same jobs in the same areas?

[quote]lol[/quote]
It ain't funny. I find it sad when someone can't stand up for himself.

Nope - its not a stereotype that blacks like rap more than geometry. I bet you'll find more blacks who listen to country and play horseshoes than like geometry.

I didn't. I asked a question. You read into it and put words in my mouth. Standard cantrell post.

My argument is that as long as blacks are victimized for attrocities 150 years ago and people like you make excuses for them, they will stay where they are.
That has not been your argument. You have consistently argued that blacks are disadvantaged because of slavery and racism. That is when I "lose my poo."

[quote]You lose your poo every time you hear that. To you, it isn't "poor people are poor because of culture"; it's "black people are poor because of culture. That's why black people would rather work a mixer than do geometry derpderp." [/quote]

Quote it.

Give me a case study example of a white and a black with equal qualifications, working in the same area, doing the same job, at the same company, with the same social network. An apples to apples comparison is an acceptable standard of proof.

Just showing the stupidity of you speaking for an entire race when you don't understand people in general.

[quote]Also, sweet sexism bro. Again, ladies and gentlemen, the American conservative.[/quote]

Ok, if you don't want ovaries, grow a set of jugs.
Any way you look at it, you're scared of the people for whom you're trying to be the voice. Does that make any effin' sense?

Then why do you keep posting anecdotal evidence? Your silly cartoon. Your strawman comparisons of wages from 1996. Your charges of racism.
Please keep your own standard of proof in mind so that you and I don't kill any more threads.

[quote]Are you confusing your weird view of Democrats with "liberals" again?[/quote]

Is that a guilty conscience or what? I didn't mention any political party or view. I mentioned elites. If you think Republican and Democrat elites don't slurp one anothers' taints, I've got some ocean front property on the moon to sell you.

[quote] Ignoring this whole grand conspiracy you're concocting here, let me just tell you, again, that Democrats aren't "liberals" and when you refer to some sort of "liberal agenda", I assume you're talking about people left-of-center.[/quote]

What liberal agenda did I mention?

[quote]And no, welfare isn't given to insure a lower class.[/quote]

If you'd pay attention to what I said, you'd know that I said it is to ensure the lower class stays lower.

[quote] I could see where you'd think that, though. I bet you believe that there are plenty of "welfare queens" out there too, don't you? Lazy people who abuse the system, right? Taking "your" money which you earned all on your own, paid based solely on merit. Well, surely you don't believe that, because you said yourself that people aren't paid what they're worth. The cognitive dissonance must be staggering. "People aren't paid what they're worth, but the lower class should stop being lazy and make what they're worth. While we've established that the elites will take advantage of all of those below them, to the best of their ability, the onus is on the lower class to pull themselves up by their bootstraps. It just wouldn't be FAIR to provide for the lower class, even though the current system caters to the elite."[/quote]

Quote where I said any of it. No balls. No ovaries. No jugs. No backbone.

You tried to Sigmund Freud my life; you were wrong. Now you're crying anecdotal evidence? Aren't you glad I taught you the meaning of anecdotal evidence in the Arizona immigration thread? You haven't stopped using it since. And now you're crying because my childhood isn't documented? Well, when I put a guy on life support for trying to rape my sister, that was documented in local newspapers. You might be able to find my name on some high school All-State track teams or All-Conference football teams. You probably won't find anything about basketball, because I sat on the bench. But, meh, I doubt you could find any other documentation about my life. Find it yourself, creeper.

Holy phuq, you're hung up on this music thing. Look, my iTunes has over 14,000 songs. There really isn't much I haven't listened to. Sorry, I guess that is all anecdotal too, isn't it?

I don't give a phug what you think Nas will do. Nas doesn't even hang out with lower class black people. What makes you think he'd hang out with me?

No wonder you are afraid of black people. You think they are feral creatures who attack at the first sign of conflict. Too bad they haven't reached human status in your mind. Maybe then you wouldn't feel the need to speak on their behalf.
Here's some more anecdotal evidence: I was the only white kid in my neighborhood. My shoes were brands like Voit, Rawlings, Wilson, etc. I grew up fighting black kids. I grew up with black kids fighting on my behalf. Sorry, I don't have that fear of blacks that you have. Sorry, I don't have to be fake around them to have black friends.

Stop speaking on behalf of other people. If they need something said, they can do it. All my black friends believe in personal responsibility. Jesse Jackson-type blacks make up probably 0.00005% of the black population. If you knew black people, you would know that.
NA doesn't count. He's whiter than me. NA, don't act like I'm the first person to question your blackness.

[quote] I'm still going to say that black people are disadvantaged in America, whenever the time calls for it, for as long as the statistics support it. Just try not to get so butt-hurt over it next time because I've done all I can, time and time again, to explain it to you. You can't, or won't, understand it. I'm flattered that you would go through the trouble of ham-fisting a name-drop of Nas and Naughty By Nature, but it didn't really do much for your argument. Good effort though.[/QUOTE]

Sweet pretending to be the victor, sis.

Edited by googoodan, 06 January 2011 - 11:37 PM.

#92 Claws

Claws

HUDDLER

Posted 07 January 2011 - 11:50 AM

Lil Wayne owns rap.

But I prefer 50 Cent.

#93 tight lines

tight lines

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 07 January 2011 - 04:23 PM

Do you have a better theory for why equally qualified blacks make less than whites? For why blacks with the exact same degree as whites make thousands less? Is it because white people just want it more? Or black people just want to make less money?

Without seeing the data for the study you are referencing (I would be curious to read the study) One explanation that comes to mind is that at least some of if not all of this income gap could be due to the locality in which these jobs are performed. 55% of the African American population in the US resides in the South. The South as a region has the lowest average income of the four regions of the US. It would certainly take a detailed study to determine what if anything this has to do with the income gap. I for one would be interested in the findings of such a study.

#94 Chimera

Chimera

Not Bant

HUDDLER

Posted 08 January 2011 - 01:02 AM

Without seeing the data for the study you are referencing (I would be curious to read the study) One explanation that comes to mind is that at least some of if not all of this income gap could be due to the locality in which these jobs are performed. 55% of the African American population in the US resides in the South. The South as a region has the lowest average income of the four regions of the US. It would certainly take a detailed study to determine what if anything this has to do with the income gap. I for one would be interested in the findings of such a study.

b..b..but racism. slavery. upward mobility derp derp derp.

excuuuuuuseesssssss