Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

forget sexy, Obama is bringing science back

58 posts in this topic

Posted

why do you keep posting this and not mentioning that it was all tied to those countries teaching abstinence only education, which almost certainly increased the rate of HIV infection?

Provide a link, please ... according to the NIH, stem cells have not been used to cure these diseases as of yet. They have been used to treat some diseases.

http://stemcells.nih.gov/info/health.asp

not yet and that's probably not where their primary application will lie. (it doesn't make sense, for example, to treat rapidly reproducing cells with...more cells?) however, they're already using them to grow peoples' jaws back and human cells were used in rats to repair spinal chord damage in rats so it's difficult to say this is anything but the most promising and exciting breakthrough in medicine since, oh, I don't know, daily baths.

Posted

Daily baths? I didn't get the memo on that!

Posted

Say it with me....proteomics. Better drug design, more efficient therapeutic regimens, and maybe even superpowers!! Now, give me your money.

Posted

they're already using them to grow peoples' jaws back

Someone tell Roger Ebert.

Posted

DOn't touch meh stemz cellz!!!!

Posted

Stem Cell research may be a big dead end...Chasing energy alternatives may be as well, but I suppose as long as the dems get to waste a bunch of money trying, it's OK!

That's the spirit!

Posted

Stem Cell research may be a big dead end...Chasing energy alternatives may be as well, but I suppose as long as the dems get to waste a bunch of money trying, it's OK!

you literally have the worst opinions about everything

Posted

DOn't touch meh stemz cellz!!!!
Gimme some of your skin cells, I can work backwards.

Posted

Daily baths? I didn't get the memo on that!

Then why do you frequent turkish bathhouses?

Posted

Because there are Turks, of course.

Posted

i didn't mention this because i didn't want to seem confrontational, but it has been eating at me for days.

please don't EVER tell me to forget sexy.

Posted

did you know that the term stem cells doesn't just refer to embryonic stem cells?

Yes ... the Web site I linked is the National Institutes of Health, and if you will do your research, you will know that none of these diseases have been cured by stem cells -- adult or embryonic.