Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Inmates to watch Super Bowl from 117 flat screens

33 posts in this topic

Posted

Meanwhile those at white collar prisons will probably just use the in-house movie theater...

Posted

They could read about it in the next days paper, during work breaks.

Posted

Meanwhile those at white collar prisons will probably just use the in-house movie theater...

Also a problem.

Posted

Also a problem.

Thats my problem with this forum.

It's like a bunch of 3rd graders pointing fingers back and forth.

he did this, well so did she...etc....

I disagree with having a white collar prison just as much as buying plasma tv's for inmates.

Posted

I'm guessing this was done more for DTV complaince rather than Superbowl watching.

If they have cable, they're compliant ... and if not, the cost of converter boxes is much cheaper.

That being said, it's their money, so I don't have a problem with it.

Posted

i think the term "flat screens" is misleading people to think they are getting these big amazing home theatre systems.

they're 13 inch tvs. they're flat because that's what new tvs are.

Actually, the story says they're larger than that ....

Posted

I think Dostoyevsky said "The degree of civilization in a society can be judged by entering its prisons".

I actually prefer hubert Humphrey's "The moral test of a government is how it treats those who are at the dawn of life, the children; those who are in the twilight of life, the aged; and those who are in the shadow of life, the sick and the needy, and the handicapped."

Once you violate someone else's rights to the point where you end up in the pokey, I pretty much don't give a sh*t what happens to you in the hooscow.

Sorry, I got enough to worry about.

Not sure I even like the idea of them "making money", since they should be working to pay off their debt to society.

Drug offenses don't apply here, since they aren't violating someone else's rights, and I'm in favor of decriminalization, which is a bit different than legalization, of all drugs.

I pretty much hate Stalin, but nobody can convince me that a Gulag situation wouldn't deter crime.

Just this time use it for REAL crimes. lol

Posted

The money that they are making, at the end of the day still comes out of taxpayers pockets.