• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#31 Epistaxis

Epistaxis

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,182 posts

Posted 02 February 2009 - 03:10 PM

I think Dostoyevsky said "The degree of civilization in a society can be judged by entering its prisons".

I actually prefer hubert Humphrey's "The moral test of a government is how it treats those who are at the dawn of life, the children; those who are in the twilight of life, the aged; and those who are in the shadow of life, the sick and the needy, and the handicapped."

Once you violate someone else's rights to the point where you end up in the pokey, I pretty much don't give a sh*t what happens to you in the hooscow.

Sorry, I got enough to worry about.
Not sure I even like the idea of them "making money", since they should be working to pay off their debt to society.

Drug offenses don't apply here, since they aren't violating someone else's rights, and I'm in favor of decriminalization, which is a bit different than legalization, of all drugs.

I pretty much hate Stalin, but nobody can convince me that a Gulag situation wouldn't deter crime.

Just this time use it for REAL crimes. lol

#32 thefuzz

thefuzz

coppin a feel

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,076 posts

Posted 02 February 2009 - 03:42 PM

The money that they are making, at the end of the day still comes out of taxpayers pockets.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com