90 replies to this topic

#76 DaPeoplezPanther

DaPeoplezPanther

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 02:21 AM

Dude. Seriously

LOL i know i know..i said dont kill me..but again b/c I own property in charlotte I've decided I want to support this team along with my Falcons. This city gave me a chance at a piece of the American Dream..for that im grateful..but enough with the sob story..what's everyones take on Cam? would you be disappointed if he became a panther with that 1st pick

#77 Gazi

Gazi

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,798 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 02:22 AM

LOL i know i know..i said dont kill me..but again b/c I own property in charlotte I've decided I want to support this team along with my Falcons. This city gave me a chance at a piece of the American Dream..for that im grateful..but enough with the sob story..what's everyones take on Cam? would you be disappointed if he became a panther with that 1st pick

If Luck stays I have no problem with him being our draft pick.

#78 DaPeoplezPanther

DaPeoplezPanther

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 02:34 AM

Tonight was great for Luck..he beat a team that lost to James Madison (aren't they a DIV 5 program..lol jk), but again the PAC 10 competition just isnt great. I could be wrong though..you know..the Great Matt Ryan came out of the ACC! Not a powerhouse conference either...but i just think Cam can be (the current) mike vick, WITH 6 ADDITIONAL INCHES OF HEIGHT!! Not to mention I can really see Cam bringing an excitement and growth to that city not seen since 03-04....

#79 OnlyPantherFaninMaine

OnlyPantherFaninMaine

All In.

• HUDDLER
  • 6,134 posts
  • LocationBrooklyn, NY

Posted 04 January 2011 - 02:40 AM

"All aboard! First class aboard the Luck Bandwagon! A one-way trip to Super Bowls! (yes plural)"

Choooo Choooo

#80 Gazi

Gazi

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 7,798 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 02:41 AM

"All aboard! First class aboard the Luck Bandwagon! A one-way trip to Super Bowls! (yes plural)"

Choooo Choooo

I have a feeling you won't be the only panther fan in Maine :sifone:

#81 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 15,435 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 02:51 AM

Tonight was great for Luck..he beat a team that lost to James Madison (aren't they a DIV 5 program..lol jk), but again the PAC 10 competition just isnt great. I could be wrong though..you know..the Great Matt Ryan came out of the ACC! Not a powerhouse conference either...but i just think Cam can be (the current) mike vick, WITH 6 ADDITIONAL INCHES OF HEIGHT!! Not to mention I can really see Cam bringing an excitement and growth to that city not seen since 03-04....

you would have more people replying to your posts, but Cam Newton stole their laptops.

#82 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 37,274 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 04 January 2011 - 02:58 AM

you would have more people replying to your posts, but Cam Newton stole their laptops.

:lol:

#83 JawnyBlaze

JawnyBlaze

• HUDDLER
  • 6,209 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 04:04 AM

Can't trade a compensatory pick. Would have to trade that unlikely 3rd we'd get for Clausen and our first pick of the third round if anything, leaving us with only the super-late compensatory pick in the 3rd round.

get luck, trade away clausen for a 3rd (hopefully) and package that with the extra pick we should get for peppers and use those to jump into late second round to get a decent RG and we are set

#84 poarch0

poarch0

• NEWB
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 04:58 AM

I just don't see him staying. If he was going to he would have said something after the game but he acted like he didn't wanna ruin the moment for the rest of the team. From what I've read he puts others before himself, but who knows he might stay.

http://m.espn.go.com...storyId=5986899

#85 poarch0

poarch0

• NEWB
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 05:07 AM

I just don't see him staying. If he was going to he would have said something after the game but he acted like he didn't wanna ruin the moment for the rest of the team. From what I've read he puts others before himself, but who knows he might stay.

http://m.espn.go.com...storyId=5986899

#86 RamJet

RamJet

• NEWB
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 05:31 AM

I'd rather take the risk on a potential franchise QB such as Luck than to be banging our heads on the wall for the next 13 years if he tears it up elsewhere. Yeah, we can keep getting stop-gap solutions (Vet QB) and address other areas, but unless we take a chance at a young, franchise QB, we'll be bottom-feeders. This is a QB league. We need to take chances to find ours so we can compete.

Rams fan here. You hit the nail 100% on the head. This is a QB driven league and when the franchise guy is there you MUST take him. Remember, we were in your shoes last year (except we were coming off a ONE win season lol...). There was big talk about whether we would should take Bradford or Suh. As you can see, we made the right choice. Rams go from the worst record in the NFL to almost making the playoffs this year and the PRIMARY reason was Bradford. (He set the rookie record for completions, besting Peyton's record from 1998). He also threw more TDs than INTs for a rookie which is a RARE feat. Manning, Elway and many other rookies threw more picks than TDs as rookies.

Don't get me wrong, Suh is a great player and making the Pro Bowl as a rookie at the DT position is almost unheard of, but we would not have won six times as many games this year if we had taken him over Sam B.

Bottom line: The Panthers MUST take Luck. I watched him carefully last night and he can make all the throws. He is poised and makes wonderful decisions. Who knows, maybe you guys will do like the Rams did this year and gain 6 or 7 games in your division next year if you take him. As someone said earlier, the Dolphins have been looking for a franchise QB since Marino and he retired in the 90s! TAKE LUCK!!!! Oh, and good luck with LUCK!!!

Edited by RamJet, 04 January 2011 - 05:41 AM.

#87 Spaceballs83

Spaceballs83

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,094 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 06:04 AM

I think JR knows if he passes on Luck, he will lose half his fanbase. I mean can you imagine the anger towards him? We have never had a truly franchise QB. THE TIME IS NOW!

#88 Real Emotional Trash

Real Emotional Trash

I

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 290 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 06:09 AM

If reps from the Panthers were looming in the tunnel, then you know they're trying. fug the media.

#89 Spaceballs83

Spaceballs83

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,094 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 06:12 AM

I hope Harbaugh comes here. He did say in a previous statement (when he played at Carolina) that he picked us over the 49'ers.

#90 Real Emotional Trash

Real Emotional Trash

I

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 290 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 06:34 AM

I hope Harbaugh comes here. He did say in a previous statement (when he played at Carolina) that he picked us over the 49'ers.

Can you imagine if history repeated itself? This whole situation is hilarious. Former QB to coach the team? To coach his college QB?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.