83 replies to this topic

#76 Dpantherman

Dpantherman

certified pee-on

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,473 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 09:14 AM

After sleeping on it, i can honestly say i dont care anymore. refer to my sig when it comes to the draft.

#77 Millions

Millions

#ThankYouBasedCam

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,971 posts
  • LocationRaleigh, N.C.

Posted 07 January 2011 - 10:32 AM

Sucks Clausen didn't show anything to make me confident in picking up AJ Green. It's not a knock on Green at all I think he has the potential and will be the best player in this draft class. It's the uncertainty of our quarterback play.

Green's talent & ceiling >>> Gettis and LaFell.

#78 Edward Teach

Edward Teach

#PanthersMafia

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 391 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 12:47 AM

I think that we have to take Green with the #1. The second best receiving prospect since Randy Moss. The future of the Carolina Panthers. Green, Smittay, LaFell, Gettis, and Edwards (I still have faith) would be a good WR corps. We then bring in someone like a Vince Young, Donovan McNabb, Kyle Orton (or some other vet of the like) for competition with Moore, Clausen, and Pike. Re-sign Deangelo, Kalil and one of the tight ends, then draft a RG with one of the thirds and bring in a FA OL or two.
With a new OC, QB Coach (like Zorn), we could be looking pretty good on Offense...

#79 beach

beach

|~~~~|

• HUDDLER
  • 9,494 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 01:35 AM

I think when we get wrapped up in the debate of who we all want, something's being forgotten:

Its really awesome that there is a DT (Fairly), WR (Green), CB (Prince A), QB (Newton), & even a DE (Bowers) all available for us to take who will instantly upgrade this team. I don't care about which is better than the next...we have the choice of anyone in the draft at number one and that guy will vastly impact this sh*t team and that makes us all excited about a team that's hit the refresh button with a new coach.

oh, and go green!

#80 scarface

scarface

• HUDDLER
  • 3,095 posts
  • LocationEastern NC

Posted 09 January 2011 - 01:37 AM

That is not in the team's interest to sit LaFell and Gettis for Smith.

89 said that he wants to play the slot now.

#81 Ocpanthertew714

Ocpanthertew714

• NEWB
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 01:46 AM

been a huge fan of A.J. Green for long while now
excellent hands and will be an elite receiver for years to come.

#82 JawnyBlaze

JawnyBlaze

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,475 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 02:33 AM

Boldin's also injury prone and not nearly as good as Smitty...

I think it depends on what we can get for him. We would be lucky to get a 3rd for him at this point. Teams just aren't shelling out high picks like they used to. Boldin went for a 3rd and he's younger than Smith. If we can get a 3rd we should take it and run.

#83 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

• HUDDLER
  • 7,847 posts
  • LocationNonya

Posted 09 January 2011 - 03:00 AM

No matter who we pick their is no way Moore gets resigned. They are not even speaking 2 his agent. P55 and Pffl can just step into reality and let Moore go.

#84 Catalyst

Catalyst

• HUDDLER
  • 4,107 posts
  • LocationMorehead City

Posted 09 January 2011 - 03:09 AM

I think when we get wrapped up in the debate of who we all want, something's being forgotten:

Its really awesome that there is a DT (Fairly), WR (Green), CB (Prince A), QB (Newton), & even a DE (Bowers) all available for us to take who will instantly upgrade this team. I don't care about which is better than the next...we have the choice of anyone in the draft at number one and that guy will vastly impact this sh*t team and that makes us all excited about a team that's hit the refresh button with a new coach.

oh, and go green!

Yeah, the best players available do tend to all fill areas of need for us. It could be much worse.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com