Photo
- - - - -

AJ Green

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
83 replies to this topic

#73 jma1287

jma1287

• PipPip
ROOKIE

Posted 07 January 2011 - 05:04 AM

A lot of great points, he's one of the few leaders still on the team, the team will likely be greater in '11 if he's here, and his trade value is low. My only issue is Gettis and LaFell not playing as much because of Smith. If Smith is here, the team may be greater next year, but LaFell and Gettis will not be as experienced in the future, at a time the team may actually be in a position to contend. Experience for LaFell and Gettis may end up benefiting the team the most compared to a marginally greater offense in a season the team is playing for the future anyway.

Aside from that, I will be surprised if Smith may not just prefer to end his career with a contender. He may prefer to stay in Charlotte, but if he wants to play for a contender, I definitely pull the trigger in that case.

#74 Herb

Herb

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 07 January 2011 - 05:20 AM

Unless Smitty pulls a Peppers and wants out (which I highly doubt) then we should keep him until his contract expires.

You don't think Gettis and Lafell got good experience this year? I think they had decent years all things considered. I think they'll be just fine. I think the worst thing to do would be to throw in yet another young WR into the mix while getting rid of Smitty in the process.

#75 Catalyst

Catalyst

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 07 January 2011 - 05:46 AM

I think it depends on what we can get for him. We would be lucky to get a 3rd for him at this point. Teams just aren't shelling out high picks like they used to. Boldin went for a 3rd and he's younger than Smith. If we can get a 3rd we should take it and run.

#76 Dpantherman

Dpantherman

certified pee-on

HUDDLER

Posted 07 January 2011 - 09:14 AM

After sleeping on it, i can honestly say i dont care anymore. refer to my sig when it comes to the draft.

#77 Millions

Millions

#ThankYouBasedCam

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 07 January 2011 - 10:32 AM

Sucks Clausen didn't show anything to make me confident in picking up AJ Green. It's not a knock on Green at all I think he has the potential and will be the best player in this draft class. It's the uncertainty of our quarterback play.

Green's talent & ceiling >>> Gettis and LaFell.

#78 Edward Teach

Edward Teach

#PanthersMafia

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 09 January 2011 - 12:47 AM

I think that we have to take Green with the #1. The second best receiving prospect since Randy Moss. The future of the Carolina Panthers. Green, Smittay, LaFell, Gettis, and Edwards (I still have faith) would be a good WR corps. We then bring in someone like a Vince Young, Donovan McNabb, Kyle Orton (or some other vet of the like) for competition with Moore, Clausen, and Pike. Re-sign Deangelo, Kalil and one of the tight ends, then draft a RG with one of the thirds and bring in a FA OL or two.
With a new OC, QB Coach (like Zorn), we could be looking pretty good on Offense...

#79 davos

davos

€∞€∞€∞€

HUDDLER

Posted 09 January 2011 - 01:35 AM

I think when we get wrapped up in the debate of who we all want, something's being forgotten:

Its really awesome that there is a DT (Fairly), WR (Green), CB (Prince A), QB (Newton), & even a DE (Bowers) all available for us to take who will instantly upgrade this team. I don't care about which is better than the next...we have the choice of anyone in the draft at number one and that guy will vastly impact this sh*t team and that makes us all excited about a team that's hit the refresh button with a new coach.

oh, and go green!

#80 scarface

scarface

HUDDLER

Posted 09 January 2011 - 01:37 AM

That is not in the team's interest to sit LaFell and Gettis for Smith.

89 said that he wants to play the slot now.

#81 Ocpanthertew714

Ocpanthertew714

• Pip
ROOKIE

Posted 09 January 2011 - 01:46 AM

been a huge fan of A.J. Green for long while now
excellent hands and will be an elite receiver for years to come.

#82 JawnyBlaze

JawnyBlaze

SUPPORTER

Posted 09 January 2011 - 02:33 AM

Boldin's also injury prone and not nearly as good as Smitty...

I think it depends on what we can get for him. We would be lucky to get a 3rd for him at this point. Teams just aren't shelling out high picks like they used to. Boldin went for a 3rd and he's younger than Smith. If we can get a 3rd we should take it and run.

#83 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

HUDDLER

Posted 09 January 2011 - 03:00 AM

No matter who we pick their is no way Moore gets resigned. They are not even speaking 2 his agent. P55 and Pffl can just step into reality and let Moore go.

#84 Catalyst

Catalyst

HUDDLER

Posted 09 January 2011 - 03:09 AM

I think when we get wrapped up in the debate of who we all want, something's being forgotten:

Its really awesome that there is a DT (Fairly), WR (Green), CB (Prince A), QB (Newton), & even a DE (Bowers) all available for us to take who will instantly upgrade this team. I don't care about which is better than the next...we have the choice of anyone in the draft at number one and that guy will vastly impact this sh*t team and that makes us all excited about a team that's hit the refresh button with a new coach.

oh, and go green!

Yeah, the best players available do tend to all fill areas of need for us. It could be much worse.