Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

This is going to be interesting

51 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

In some ways, Arab muslim extremist remind me a bit of the Japanese prior to World War II. A society yanked from a fuedal era to the modern world in a space of a few years. Some fanatical members of the society totally dedicated to their belief. With the Japanese it was an unusal honor code and devotion to the emperor, with the Arab extremist, its Islam.

Posted · Report post

I wonder if they have to listen to all 72 at once. I believe I'd walk away from that one.

Posted · Report post

72 women who don't know what they're doing and will be clingy afterwards for reasons even they don't fully understand? Not that great.

Posted · Report post

Have you ever asked yourself why they are militant?

Yes, and to me there are plenty of people around the world that get treated like sh*t and don't go around blowing up women and children... but hey, we made them become like that right? Couldn't be that their culture and religion does it...

Posted · Report post

Yes, and to me there are plenty of people around the world that get treated like sh*t and don't go around blowing up women and children... but hey, we made them become like that right? Couldn't be that their culture and religion does it...

hey none of the other civilization and populaces the united states systematically oppressed in the 20th century have fought back this much! SAVAGES

Posted · Report post

Iraq looked incredibly opressed today on the news while voting.

Posted · Report post

yeah im shocked too the place has calmed down since the US Army let the sunnis get wiped out

Posted · Report post

hey none of the other civilization and populaces the united states systematically oppressed in the 20th century have fought back this much! SAVAGES

Systematically oppressed??? By the United States???

Yeah, those poor multi-millionaires in Saudi Arabia, Dubai, Yemen, and the UAE... that we "oppress" by buying billions of dollars of oil from.

I never said there's anything wrong with fighting back, it's the way in which it's done. I can't even believe that people defend actions like sending young men and women to kill themselves and whoever else they can, mainly other young men and women. You can organize and fight back but what is their goal? Their stated goal is not to have peace and live along with others and fight for human rights, it's to destroy Israel and convert others to their religion.

Posted · Report post

The Admiral that I worked for in Bahrain said that going to Saudi Arabia was like going back in time 600 years. Much of their culture is even now stuck in the past. Many of the militants do blame us for what they consider to be negative influences in their culture. Things like music, style of dress, etc... It got worse when we put troops in Saudi, and they saw infidels walking around in their holy land carrying guns. And even worse, our women walk around uncovered. To someone in their culture, its an anathema. Then from the Mullahs, and the heavily censored local news networks, they hear stories about how the West supports the evil Israelis (while never seeing anything neutral or telling the Israelis side) and showing pictures of suffering in Iraq because of the evil infidels. Its actually amazing that more of them don't go over to the dark side so to speak.

But the roots of the problem started with the rise of Wahibbism, which started well before the US became a player in the region, in fact before the US even became a country.

Posted · Report post

Yeah, those poor multi-millionaires in Saudi Arabia, Dubai, Yemen, and the UAE... that we "oppress" by buying billions of dollars of oil from.

I never said there's anything wrong with fighting back, it's the way in which it's done. I can't even believe that people defend actions like sending young men and women to kill themselves and whoever else they can, mainly other young men and women. You can organize and fight back but what is their goal? Their stated goal is not to have peace and live along with others and fight for human rights, it's to destroy Israel and convert others to their religion.

Most of the families running the various nations in the Middle East have been in power for hundreds of years. Its ludicrous to think that the US is somehow responsible for oppression in Saudia Arabia, Oman, Bahrain, Qatar, UAE, Kuwait, Yemen, etc...

Posted · Report post

wow that amazingly small percentage of people who have made money from the hydrocarbon economy really makes up for everything else.

I never said there's anything wrong with fighting back, it's the way in which it's done. I can't even believe that people defend actions like sending young men and women to kill themselves and whoever else they can, mainly other young men and women.

so they should all organized in a proper ww2 style battle and get wiped out in a day? seems kind of foolish.

You can organize and fight back but what is their goal?

of who?

Their stated goal is not to have peace and live along with others and fight for human rights, it's to destroy Israel and convert others to their religion.

of a small group. historically, most revolutionaries that resort to terrorist attacks due it as a means to polarize the populations of occupied and occupier countries in an effort to politicize the army presence and get them out. this was first done effectively in algeria and has kinda been the blueprint of anti-colonialism since then.

Its ludicrous to think that the US is somehow responsible for oppression in Saudia Arabia, Oman, Bahrain, Qatar, UAE, Kuwait, Yemen, etc...

i never mentioned any of those countries.

Posted · Report post

funny reminder that homosexuality is rampant in saudi arabia, since it's illegal to be with a woman who isn't your wife and people are desperate for human touch.

the koran has weird rules about homosexuality, like it's legal unless seven people see you do it or stuff like that

• Latest Articles

• Recent Comments