Photo
- - - - -

So, for those with the "one true religion" mentality...

• Please log in to reply
98 replies to this topic

#1 Samuel L. Jackson

Samuel L. Jackson

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,407 posts

Posted 31 January 2009 - 11:49 AM

What makes your belief so correct?

Is it because you fear the ramifications of shunning your beliefs and them actually being right?

Is it because you fear "what is written" about non-believers in your religion?

Is it because you would rather be safe than sorry?
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I often see both sides, believers and non-believers, slammed by the opposite sides, and I just don't see the point.

I try to let people believe what they want to believe, but as soon as I voice an opinion, I am told how I am incorrect. Really? What makes anyone an authority?

I can pretty much guarantee I have studied religion more than anyone here, yet I can also guarantee how someone would come along and tell me how I am wrong about something.

What's up with all that?

#2 Ronald Reagan

Ronald Reagan

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 204 posts

Posted 31 January 2009 - 12:51 PM

I know, I know. It's like thinking the Panthers are better than the Falcons.

#3 tattoorhino

tattoorhino

Follower of Christ

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 608 posts

Posted 31 January 2009 - 01:41 PM

God bless you.

#4 Bama Panther

Bama Panther

USAF JAG

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 31 January 2009 - 02:01 PM

Religion is a personal thing.

#5 Samuel L. Jackson

Samuel L. Jackson

Banned

• Banned
  • 7,407 posts

Posted 31 January 2009 - 02:59 PM

Religion is a personal thing.

Until someone questions yours, right?

#6 Bama Panther

Bama Panther

USAF JAG

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 31 January 2009 - 03:52 PM

Until someone questions yours, right?

No. I will defend my beliefs. That's the personal part . . . their mine.

#7 Samuel L. Jackson

Samuel L. Jackson

Banned

• Banned
  • 7,407 posts

Posted 31 January 2009 - 09:06 PM

No. I will defend my beliefs. That's the personal part . . . their mine.

they are... or they're if you prefer....

#8 Fiz

Fiz

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 10,846 posts

Posted 31 January 2009 - 09:09 PM

christianity is the one true religion and its god is the one true god but don't think too hard about why He chose to only show himself to one people and decided such culturally, socially and politically superior civilizations like the greeks, ancient chinese, and mayan were less prepared to receive his word than a bunch of nomadic jews no one could stand.

#9 PntherPryd

PntherPryd

Relic

• Moderators
  • 1,724 posts
  • LocationWilmington

Posted 31 January 2009 - 09:46 PM

christianity is the one true religion and its god is the one true god but don't think too hard about why He chose to only show himself to one people and decided such culturally, socially and politically superior civilizations like the greeks, ancient chinese, and mayan were less prepared to receive his word than a bunch of nomadic jews no one could stand.

Christianity is not the only religion to play the "exclusive" card.

#10 Bama Panther

Bama Panther

USAF JAG

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 31 January 2009 - 09:51 PM

they are... or they're if you prefer....

Yeah. That's what I meant. Just typing too fast. Thanks, Grammar Police. :seeya:

#11 Fiz

Fiz

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 10,846 posts

Posted 31 January 2009 - 09:53 PM

Christianity is not the only religion to play the "exclusive" card.

yes i know that would be a bad operating model

#12 Samuel L. Jackson

Samuel L. Jackson

Banned

• Banned
  • 7,407 posts

Posted 31 January 2009 - 10:42 PM

Yeah. That's what I meant. Just typing too fast. Thanks, Grammar Police. :seeya:

I guess you missed the whole issue when it was brought up earlier.. not by myself I might add...

#13 stwall

stwall

Jesus Freak

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 191 posts

Posted 01 February 2009 - 03:10 AM

What makes your belief so correct?

Is it because you fear the ramifications of shunning your beliefs and them actually being right?

Is it because you fear "what is written" about non-believers in your religion?

Is it because you would rather be safe than sorry?
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I often see both sides, believers and non-believers, slammed by the opposite sides, and I just don't see the point.

I try to let people believe what they want to believe, but as soon as I voice an opinion, I am told how I am incorrect. Really? What makes anyone an authority?

I can pretty much guarantee I have studied religion more than anyone here, yet I can also guarantee how someone would come along and tell me how I am wrong about something.

What's up with all that?

I can't speak for anyone other than myself. My walk with the Lord is not about being right or wrong. It's not an insurance policy for eternity. It's a relationship. I have a real tangible relationship with God. God is not some mystical energy field, or mythical being, or some higher plan of existence that you have to achieve. God to me is very real. I know it because of all the time I spend with him. Studding his word, meditating on his word, listening to his word being preached, praying to him constantly. I'm in a continual never ending relationship with a living loving God. I just know it's true like I know waters wet, and the sky is blue. Because I have experienced it for myself. I have seen how God has impacted my life and the lives of the people around me.

I'm sorry that people attack you for stating your opinion about religion. I have had similar experiences too.

#14 stwall

stwall

Jesus Freak

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 191 posts

Posted 01 February 2009 - 03:21 AM

Christianity is the one true religion and its god is the one true god but don't think too hard about why He chose to only show himself to one people and decided such culturally, socially and politically superior civilizations like the Greeks, ancient Chinese, and Mayan were less prepared to receive his word than a bunch of nomadic Jews no one could stand.

Actually God started with just one man, Abraham. From Abraham God created a new nation of people, that were suppose to be holy and set a part for God's work. The idea was to create a priestly nation who then could minister to the rest of the world.
I guess God decided it would be best to start fresh and create a new nation than to try and use one of the "superior civilizations" that already existed.

#15 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

Grey Poupon Elitest Trash

• HUDDLER
  • 22,760 posts

Posted 01 February 2009 - 09:48 AM

Yeah, it's not like all those civilizations would have any problem listening to priests of a God that had decided that they were inferior or anything. Can't see any issues with that logic, it's guaranteed success!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.