Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Samuel L. Jackson

So, for those with the "one true religion" mentality...

99 posts in this topic

What makes your belief so correct?

Is it because you fear the ramifications of shunning your beliefs and them actually being right?

Is it because you fear "what is written" about non-believers in your religion?

Is it because you would rather be safe than sorry?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I often see both sides, believers and non-believers, slammed by the opposite sides, and I just don't see the point.

I try to let people believe what they want to believe, but as soon as I voice an opinion, I am told how I am incorrect. Really? What makes anyone an authority?

I can pretty much guarantee I have studied religion more than anyone here, yet I can also guarantee how someone would come along and tell me how I am wrong about something.

What's up with all that?

bump, judging from what a few guy's here have posted it seems they are more interested in advancing a political point of view instead of actually answering the question that was originally asked.

While I also have my problems with Organized Religion, when someone questions my Personnal Faith I get snippy.

I find however, those that lack faith much easier to irritate.

I personally have no issue with the questions, but I find it funny that some times those that ask the questions would never dare answer ones similar to the ones that they ask.

While I also have my problems with Organized Religion, when someone questions my Personnal Faith I get snippy.

I find however, those that lack faith much easier to irritate.

Irritate, or more willing to debate?

You can't debate with someone that already knows the answer and the answer isn't provable.

It's amazing to me that nobody who whole-heartedly believes in this can give an objective reason why they believe. Just a pile of worn out anecdotes and thoughts of "I believe, and you should because I do!" Bah!

Is there not even a single tangible thing you can offer?

Save your stories for Sunday morning, answer the OP's question. We're all waiting....

I dont know how many personal stories have been given about why I believe. From the research I have done, and the facts that have been presented to me( historical, philosophical, scientific) I have came to MY own conclusion that some sort of higher power exists. Do I know beyond a shadow of a doubt and can I give you undeniable proof this higher power exists? NO. I can tell you that once I decided to follow the God "I" believe to be the one true God, I have seen him in my personal life do things that have been unexplainable. Is it the Christian God I believe in, I think so, but NO I do not have proof that it isnt Santa Clause or the tooth fairy. Faith is something personal to me and it I only try to reinforce it when questioned or attacked. Im fine with who ever believing that you are born and you die. Im not gonna call anyone an idiot for not believing the same thing I believe in. Why do some of you feel that it is ok to demean a person or there beliefs? NONE of us know the answer, you believe there is nothing, I believe there is something, why cant we agree to disagree without all this negativity? As much as I disagree with you guys on this issue I would never call you an idiot or stupid. Why cant you guys take the same approach.

I never called anyone an idiot. Or stupid.

What do you do to follow your God?

Are there certain steps those of us who aren't sold on the idea aren't taking that is keeping the greatness of religion out of our lives?

Even though most of us live our lives like a "Christian" should, we are shut out of all this glory?

You just don't get it. "Agnostic" means simply that you just don't know. You yourself said that you do not know beyond a shadow of a doubt, so the only difference is that agnostics are intellectually honest about it, and you are not. I think that it's great that things are working out for you.

If you are feeling like an idiot, maybe it's because it is so easy to bring up very valid and logical points about the history of religion and how people have been hoodwinked for centuries - yet somehow the ones currently in vogue are different?

It's amazing to me that nobody who whole-heartedly believes in this can give an objective reason why they believe. Just a pile of worn out anecdotes and thoughts of "I believe, and you should because I do!" Bah!

Is there not even a single tangible thing you can offer?

Save your stories for Sunday morning, answer the OP's question. We're all waiting....

Honestly this is set up like a trap, you ask the question waiting for someone's honest response on the subject, then quickly divert it to attack them and what they said. Just skim back few the pages since you didn't see any reasons besides "anecdotes" page 2 the question is clearly answered.

If I gave you my reasons for having Faith you would do what everyone here does, throw out what to you is a definate logical stance, and call mine dumb.

No one has attacked any of you but you continue to act like we just ran over your puppy or something.

Everyone should believe what they want to believe and shut the fug up about what other people believe. There isn't anything more stupid than listening to someone who believes in nothing rip on people that do.

Personally, I believe in a God...I'm not so keen on organized religion, and I don't necessarily prescribe to any faith but I'm not going to sit here and pretend I'm smarter than everyone else and tell them how stupid they are for believing how they believe.

Everyone should believe what they want to believe and shut the f*ck up about what other people believe. There isn't anything more stupid than listening to someone who believes in nothing rip on people that do.

Personally, I believe in a God...I'm not so keen on organized religion, and I don't necessarily prescribe to any faith but I'm not going to sit here and pretend I'm smarter than everyone else and tell them how stupid they are for believing how they believe.

I'm smarter than you because you hate fags...

lol just kidding motherfuger... you're cool by me whatever you believe....