Photo
- - - - -

So, for those with the "one true religion" mentality...

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
98 replies to this topic

#61 Carolina Husker

Carolina Husker

I hate football

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,515 posts

Posted 04 February 2009 - 09:12 AM

Irrationality makes me extremely nervous.

#62 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

Grey Poupon Elitest Trash

• ALL-PRO
  • 23,778 posts

Posted 04 February 2009 - 10:24 AM

What's the difference between a "calling from God" and "a voice in my head told me to do it"?

#63 Fiz

Fiz

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 11,063 posts

Posted 04 February 2009 - 10:27 AM

So, that the glory would go to God and not the person.

so instead of picking a civilization that could better spread his word, reach more people, and save more souls that he's supposed to love, he picked people that were busy fuging rocks in the desert just so he could have more of the credit?

god is vain to the point of ineptitude?

#64 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

• ALL-PRO
  • 23,778 posts

Posted 04 February 2009 - 10:29 AM

rocks, as well as daughters and sisters I believe.

#65 Fiz

Fiz

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 11,063 posts

Posted 04 February 2009 - 10:35 AM

rocks, as well as daughters and sisters I believe.

Me: How did Noah repopulate the Earth?
Literalist: cough cough well uh you see <shuffles feet nervously>

#66 Murph

Murph

Joe Cool

• HUDDLER
  • 3,908 posts

Posted 04 February 2009 - 10:41 AM

What's the difference between a "calling from God" and "a voice in my head told me to do it"?

Perhaps there isn't a difference.

#67 Epistaxis

Epistaxis

• HUDDLER
  • 4,184 posts

Posted 04 February 2009 - 10:54 AM

Posted Image

#68 Doc Holiday

Doc Holiday

NON FACETE NOBIS CALCITRARE VESTRVM PERINAEVM

• HUDDLER
  • 4,080 posts

Posted 04 February 2009 - 11:31 AM

Well, I may not be the most articulate writer/speaker out there but lucky for me my Pastor Dr. David Chadwick who you might have heard his moments of hope segments on WBT early in the mornings has just finished a series on the subject and he can articulate it better then me so here you go -> http://foresthill.org/

Go to Video message and if it's not the first one that pop's up the series is called "Leap of Doubt" you can find the answer to just about any question there, and some answers may surprise you.

Edited by Doc Holiday, 04 February 2009 - 11:35 AM.

#69 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

• ALL-PRO
  • 23,778 posts

Posted 04 February 2009 - 11:33 AM

How did he get Abba AND Vin Diesel to be the house band?

#70 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

• Administrators
  • 13,651 posts

Posted 04 February 2009 - 11:33 AM

While I also have my problems with Organized Religion, when someone questions my Personnal Faith I get snippy.

I find however, those that lack faith much easier to irritate.

#71 Doc Holiday

Doc Holiday

• HUDDLER
  • 4,080 posts

Posted 04 February 2009 - 11:46 AM

What makes your belief so correct?

Is it because you fear the ramifications of shunning your beliefs and them actually being right?

Is it because you fear "what is written" about non-believers in your religion?

Is it because you would rather be safe than sorry?
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I often see both sides, believers and non-believers, slammed by the opposite sides, and I just don't see the point.

I try to let people believe what they want to believe, but as soon as I voice an opinion, I am told how I am incorrect. Really? What makes anyone an authority?

I can pretty much guarantee I have studied religion more than anyone here, yet I can also guarantee how someone would come along and tell me how I am wrong about something.

What's up with all that?

bump, judging from what a few guy's here have posted it seems they are more interested in advancing a political point of view instead of actually answering the question that was originally asked.

#72 Doc Holiday

Doc Holiday

• HUDDLER
  • 4,080 posts

Posted 04 February 2009 - 12:00 PM

While I also have my problems with Organized Religion, when someone questions my Personnal Faith I get snippy.

I personally have no issue with the questions, but I find it funny that some times those that ask the questions would never dare answer ones similar to the ones that they ask.

#73 Epistaxis

Epistaxis

• HUDDLER
  • 4,184 posts

Posted 04 February 2009 - 01:23 PM

Irritate, or more willing to debate?

You can't debate with someone that already knows the answer and the answer isn't provable.

#74 LiQuiD

LiQuiD

Plumb Crazy

• HUDDLER
  • 2,258 posts

Posted 04 February 2009 - 02:42 PM

It's amazing to me that nobody who whole-heartedly believes in this can give an objective reason why they believe. Just a pile of worn out anecdotes and thoughts of "I believe, and you should because I do!" Bah!

Is there not even a single tangible thing you can offer?

Save your stories for Sunday morning, answer the OP's question. We're all waiting....

#75 tattoorhino

tattoorhino

Follower of Christ

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 608 posts

Posted 04 February 2009 - 03:49 PM

I dont know how many personal stories have been given about why I believe. From the research I have done, and the facts that have been presented to me( historical, philosophical, scientific) I have came to MY own conclusion that some sort of higher power exists. Do I know beyond a shadow of a doubt and can I give you undeniable proof this higher power exists? NO. I can tell you that once I decided to follow the God "I" believe to be the one true God, I have seen him in my personal life do things that have been unexplainable. Is it the Christian God I believe in, I think so, but NO I do not have proof that it isnt Santa Clause or the tooth fairy. Faith is something personal to me and it I only try to reinforce it when questioned or attacked. Im fine with who ever believing that you are born and you die. Im not gonna call anyone an idiot for not believing the same thing I believe in. Why do some of you feel that it is ok to demean a person or there beliefs? NONE of us know the answer, you believe there is nothing, I believe there is something, why cant we agree to disagree without all this negativity? As much as I disagree with you guys on this issue I would never call you an idiot or stupid. Why cant you guys take the same approach.

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com