Photo
- - - - -

So, for those with the "one true religion" mentality...

• Please log in to reply
98 replies to this topic

#76 LiQuiD

LiQuiD

Plumb Crazy

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,256 posts

Posted 04 February 2009 - 04:02 PM

I never called anyone an idiot. Or stupid.

What do you do to follow your God?

Are there certain steps those of us who aren't sold on the idea aren't taking that is keeping the greatness of religion out of our lives?

Even though most of us live our lives like a "Christian" should, we are shut out of all this glory?

Edited by LiQuiD, 04 February 2009 - 04:05 PM.

#77 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

Grey Poupon Elitest Trash

• ALL-PRO
  • 23,138 posts

Posted 04 February 2009 - 04:05 PM

You just don't get it. "Agnostic" means simply that you just don't know. You yourself said that you do not know beyond a shadow of a doubt, so the only difference is that agnostics are intellectually honest about it, and you are not. I think that it's great that things are working out for you.

If you are feeling like an idiot, maybe it's because it is so easy to bring up very valid and logical points about the history of religion and how people have been hoodwinked for centuries - yet somehow the ones currently in vogue are different?

#78 N1kkadeemuz

N1kkadeemuz

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,029 posts

Posted 04 February 2009 - 05:46 PM

It's amazing to me that nobody who whole-heartedly believes in this can give an objective reason why they believe. Just a pile of worn out anecdotes and thoughts of "I believe, and you should because I do!" Bah!

Is there not even a single tangible thing you can offer?

Save your stories for Sunday morning, answer the OP's question. We're all waiting....

Honestly this is set up like a trap, you ask the question waiting for someone's honest response on the subject, then quickly divert it to attack them and what they said. Just skim back few the pages since you didn't see any reasons besides "anecdotes" page 2 the question is clearly answered.

If I gave you my reasons for having Faith you would do what everyone here does, throw out what to you is a definate logical stance, and call mine dumb.

No one has attacked any of you but you continue to act like we just ran over your puppy or something.

#79 stankowalski

stankowalski

A Hard Walker

• HUDDLER
  • 3,672 posts

Posted 04 February 2009 - 07:50 PM

Everyone should believe what they want to believe and shut the fug up about what other people believe. There isn't anything more stupid than listening to someone who believes in nothing rip on people that do.

Personally, I believe in a God...I'm not so keen on organized religion, and I don't necessarily prescribe to any faith but I'm not going to sit here and pretend I'm smarter than everyone else and tell them how stupid they are for believing how they believe.

#80 Samuel L. Jackson

Samuel L. Jackson

Banned

• Banned
  • 7,407 posts

Posted 04 February 2009 - 07:53 PM

Everyone should believe what they want to believe and shut the f*ck up about what other people believe. There isn't anything more stupid than listening to someone who believes in nothing rip on people that do.

Personally, I believe in a God...I'm not so keen on organized religion, and I don't necessarily prescribe to any faith but I'm not going to sit here and pretend I'm smarter than everyone else and tell them how stupid they are for believing how they believe.

I'm smarter than you because you hate fags...

lol just kidding motherfuger... you're cool by me whatever you believe....

#81 stankowalski

stankowalski

A Hard Walker

• HUDDLER
  • 3,672 posts

Posted 04 February 2009 - 08:01 PM

I'm smarter than you because you hate fags...

lol just kidding motherf*cker... you're cool by me whatever you believe....

That's silly, I don't hate you. I just think that you should keep your homo-emotions to yourself.

And only fags type in white font...wait a second...nevermind

Edited by stankowalski, 04 February 2009 - 08:03 PM.

#82 Samuel L. Jackson

Samuel L. Jackson

Banned

• Banned
  • 7,407 posts

Posted 04 February 2009 - 08:49 PM

lolololol

#83 Frash Brastard

Frash Brastard

The Frashmaker

• HUDDLER
  • 14,253 posts

Posted 04 February 2009 - 10:53 PM

Everyone should believe what they want to believe and shut the f*ck up about what other people believe. There isn't anything more stupid than listening to someone who believes in nothing rip on people that do.

I respect that as long as you respect my faith in my idol.

http://www.carolinah...=1&d=1233805983

#84 tattoorhino

tattoorhino

Follower of Christ

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 608 posts

Posted 04 February 2009 - 11:54 PM

Axel Rose? You could have at least made it someone worth a crap, but Axel Rose? Come on!?

#85 Jangler

Jangler

Its gonna be just like they say, them voices tell me so

• HUDDLER
  • 47,319 posts

Posted 05 February 2009 - 12:37 AM

Posted Image

#86 tattoorhino

tattoorhino

Follower of Christ

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 608 posts

Posted 05 February 2009 - 06:40 AM

Thats much better

#87 Carolina Husker

Carolina Husker

I hate football

• HUDDLER
  • 10,501 posts

Posted 06 February 2009 - 08:09 AM

But we are all idiots? That makes perfect sense.

I I would never call you an idiot or stupid. Why cant you guys take the same approach.

But I'm not going to sit here and pretend I'm smarter than everyone else and tell them how stupid they are for believing how they believe.

Why do you guys keep saying that? No one has called you an idiot.

I thought you guys had already found your Martyr. No need to try and make yourself one...

#88 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

Grey Poupon Elitest Trash

• ALL-PRO
  • 23,138 posts

Posted 06 February 2009 - 10:48 AM

That's exactly what I was thinking. All I do is point out inconsistencies and logic gaps and ask if there are any explanations for them, and usually don't get much of a response other then a request to stop picking on people. And yes, sometimes I do it with irony or dry wit, that's how I roll.

From the very start everyone on the agnostic "side" of things has said first and foremost that we don't have the answers to the questions that religion tries to address - and if fact we probably never will. Yet we still get flak about how we think that we are "perfect" and "have all the answers" which is kind of strange.

#89 stankowalski

stankowalski

A Hard Walker

• HUDDLER
  • 3,672 posts

Posted 06 February 2009 - 12:36 PM

How have I found my martyr? I believe in God...beyond that I'm not sure what to believe. I'm kind of like you guys EXCEPT I don't find it illogical to think that there was a creator. I find it illogical to think that there wasn't a creator. As to Jesus, Muhammed, etc. etc...I don't know what to think about them. I think they believed what they preached, but how the hell am I supposed to know who is right? Maybe they both are and maybe neither one of them are.

#90 KaseKlosed

KaseKlosed

@CMackMost

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,108 posts

Posted 06 February 2009 - 10:27 PM

its simple

First I do not believe Jesus or Christ or Heaven or GOD is limited to Christianity.

I believe and interpret Christ consciousness and the Mind of Christ has little to do with the personality known as Jesus. I believe that Jesus became the Christ - a full manifestation of the Christ consciousness - the perfect union of the human with the divine. It is God's desire for all of humanity to become Christs (or Buddhas if you live in the East). Such a condition will truly bring the Kingdom of God to the Earth. The Book of Revelation is the symbolic story of how humanity in general (and a human in particular) attains this manifestation of the divine! I re-read the Bible with blind eyes and there was more there! I believe John used meditation to obtain his "Vision" and "Gods word" We all know Jesus was a Jew and not a Christian! I believe Jesus is bigger than Christianity! He was filled with Christ which is something we all have the ability to do through meditation, which most of us don't even practice we only pray! And to me Pray = Talking to God and Meditation = Listening.....Try it before you knock it.

God Bless & Warmest Regards
Remember The Bible Has Changed Hundreds of Times, But Christ Like Ways Remain The Same

This is my note I wrote to my facebook bible heads:

I am NOT a Christian, why? Because I believe Christ & God is not limited to Christianity! I have read the entire Bible (King James) and a lot of things do not add up, Jesus’s life story existed thousands of years before he stepped foot on earth(Horus http://www.religious...g/chr_jcpa5.htm ). How can there be eye witnesses when they decided to write and include him in the Bible 30 years later and decided to add miracles such as jona living inside of a fish for three days,….but they wrote about it 30 years after the fact?? That just doesn’t make sense! I believe CHRIST is not a “NAME” but CHRIST is acting out GODs word, and taking care of your brothers and sisters as if you were taking care of yourself. I believe GOD is not in a spaceship or in the sky, I believe GOD comes from within, hence “we are made in his image” and the Kingdom of GOD can be found within, as well has the ability to make your life a living HELL. Christians are some of the most rude and judgmental people I have ever met in my entire lifetime. They do not use logic or common sense, and most of all they do not even read their ENTIRE BIBLE in the first place. They stay in MEGA churches and promote prosperity etc….but Jesus clearly tells them its harder for a RICH man to enter the kingdom, and Jesus also tells us do not praise him but instead follow GOD , I never understood why people call on Jesus before GOD?!? Jesus also never mentioned religion, nor Christianity PERIOD! Most just go to church because their parents made them at a young age.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com