• This topic is locked This topic is locked
203 replies to this topic

#166 JawnyBlaze

JawnyBlaze

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,303 posts

Posted 14 January 2011 - 07:52 AM

So we know he does well with the color orange...

If Rob Chudzinski becomes our next OC, Here is some info you may want to know:

In 2001, his Miami Hurricane offense set a school record for scoring with 475 points in the regular season scoring at least 33 points in 10 of 12 games.

In 2002 his Miami Hurricane offense again set new school records for points with 527, total yards with 6,074 and rushing touchdowns with 33.

In 2007 his Cleveland Browns offense ranked eighth in the NFL in scoring and total yards as Cleveland compiled a 10-6 record.

#167 mj4life

mj4life

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 932 posts

Posted 14 January 2011 - 08:21 AM

the two things that will factor into the success of whomever is our OC , the head coach's vision for the offense & the personnel given to him

#168 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 38,393 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 14 January 2011 - 12:39 PM

Over on the other coast: As expected, Harbaugh hired Greg Roman from Stanford - a former Panthers assistant - as his OC.

#169 Darth Bobo

Darth Bobo

The Dude

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 259 posts
  • LocationRTP

Posted 14 January 2011 - 01:01 PM

Quick aside. The idea that we may be losing Tyke Tolbert to Fox's Denver Broncos really sucks. It is a bad thing if our organization doesn't keep him in our house.

#170 iiCaRoLiNa

iiCaRoLiNa

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 14 January 2011 - 07:35 PM

I really hope Rob Chudzinski gets the job. He runs a very balanced offense. Not just saying this because that is what Ron Rivera said during his Press Conf.- When he was with the browns as their Off. Cord. he ran a very balanced offense. Dereck A. had 29 touchdown passes and Jamal Lewis had 1,300 yrds rushing with 9 touchdowns. Kellen Winslow and Braylon Edwards both had over 1000 yards rec.- The thing I look at though is that how will Deangelo ( If we resign him ) and J. Stew are going to split Carries in a Balanced offense. The past few years the panthers have Ran the ball on 1st and 2nd a good percent of the time. Now on second the pass option will be there. I just dont see how Dwill and J stew will be able to get a enough carries without being a run first offense. The way the cheifs ran the ball this year it reminded me of our 2008 season. They ran the ball. I Believe we will soon go to a main running back offense and trade dwill. J stew when healthy is as good as any runningback in the league. We could attempt to trade a back for a TE. But I more for getting one in FA or the draft. I just want too be good again.

#171 Lakejamescat

Lakejamescat

Help is on the Way

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 177 posts

Posted 14 January 2011 - 08:56 PM

If Rob Chudzinski becomes our next OC, Here is some info you may want to know:

In 2001, his Miami Hurricane offense set a school record for scoring with 475 points in the regular season scoring at least 33 points in 10 of 12 games.

In 2002 his Miami Hurricane offense again set new school records for points with 527, total yards with 6,074 and rushing touchdowns with 33.

In 2007 his Cleveland Browns offense ranked eighth in the NFL in scoring and total yards as Cleveland compiled a 10-6 record.

2008 his offense went in the tank and then he was shipped off.

#172 Bruce Wayne

Bruce Wayne

Eye Mull of Mush Sheen

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts
  • LocationGreenville, SC

Posted 14 January 2011 - 09:00 PM

2008 his offense went in the tank and then he was shipped off.

In 2008 Derek Anderson remembered he was Derek Anderson and Brylon Edwards had forgotten how to catch.

#173 Lakejamescat

Lakejamescat

Help is on the Way

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 177 posts

Posted 14 January 2011 - 09:02 PM

I understand now......So what do you think his positive attributes are in coming to a team that already has a bad offense?

#174 drnll4

drnll4

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 14 January 2011 - 09:36 PM

is hire alreday

#175 Woodie

Woodie

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,135 posts

Posted 15 January 2011 - 12:22 AM

It doesn't seem like many remember that the year Chud's Cleveland offense went in the tank Anderson was injured most of the season, playing in only a handful of games and playing hurt in others.

It's not like they just fell off the face of the Earth, there was a reason for the dropoff. There were other factors as well, but any time your starting QB is in and out of the lineup due to injuries, you're probably going to have a tough time of it.

#176 Cavscout

Cavscout

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,496 posts

Posted 15 January 2011 - 06:18 AM

The Rams may get McDaniels:

AdamSchefter Adam Schefter
Josh McDaniels flew to St. Louis on Friday and will interview for Rams OC job today. As first man in, sounds like McDaniels is the favorite.

#177 Soul Rebel

Soul Rebel

Respect the Rivera

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 486 posts

Posted 15 January 2011 - 08:29 AM

McDaniels has to be the hottest (no homo) OC on the market right now. I'd love to have him here, but there hasn't been any mention of it. I'm guessing his $$ requirements would be a little too pricey for our pockets. I just thought that OC was supposed to be where the "flashy" name came from Hurney, and McDaniels would fit the bill on that.

#178 whynot

whynot

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 15 January 2011 - 11:55 AM

Our flashy name will probably be someone you've never heard of before, The only
flashy name I remember JR hiring was Seifert and that didn't turn out to well ,but
everyone was excited to begin with.

#179 iiCaRoLiNa

iiCaRoLiNa

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 15 January 2011 - 05:01 PM

I seached (Rob Chudzinski) in google and go to news to get the latest info on where he is going. And about an hour ago a Miami article said that Chudzinski was the front-runner for their OC opening. They felt that they had the edge because Miami is where Chud coached and played. But its kinda hard for me to think he would accept a job while he is in the Charlotte. But I hope he gets hired. Just wish that thould Hurry. Im getting bored.

#180 scpanther22

scpanther22

• HUDDLER
  • 7,108 posts

Posted 15 January 2011 - 05:20 PM

The South Florida Sun-Sentinel's Omar Kelly is "hearing" that Chargers TEs coach Rob Chudzinski is the front-runner to fill the Dolphins' offensive coordinator vacancy.

The Fins appear to prefer Chudzinski to Brad Childress, who is expected to interview for the job at some point. The Panthers also want Chudzinski, but the Dolphins may have a built-in edge in that he is particularly familiar with South Beach. Chud coached tight ends at "The U" from 1996 until 2000.

http://www.rotoworld...ort=NFL&id=1314

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com