• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#31 unicar15

unicar15

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,631 posts

Posted 01 February 2009 - 02:21 PM

I'm not sure I really blame him that much. There was no need for that foul...the game was over.

Are you kidding me?? Copeland is the biggest moron on the planet. Who goes up for a dunk with a 16 point lead with 1 second left? There are certain rules of etiquette in all games. Even Roy Williams disagrees with you (since he basically forced the refs to throw Copeland out of the game). I dont expect Mike Copleand to get minutes anymore no matter how bad the blowout. I am a huge state fan but I respect Roy and he doesn't tolerate that kind of stuff. This was a similar situation to when Ty Lawson dunked while having a 7 point lead in the ACC Championship a couple years back. Roy destroyed him on the sideline for doing that because it is completely classless. The foul was deserved...

#32 Tweeder

Tweeder

Hark the Sound

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,286 posts

Posted 01 February 2009 - 05:03 PM

the attempt of trying to get the dunk was classless and the hard foul that McCauley put on Copeland was just as classless....He could of been the bigger man and not commit the foul and let the media and fans start pointing the finger at Copeland for being classless just like Lawson 2 years ago

It was just a horrible situation that should have been avoided by running the clock out.

Also, whoever did that to the Yow Mural is lower than scum, and should be tortured until they cannot take anymore and then go one step further

Why will it not be treated as a criminal act??

Edited by Tweeder, 01 February 2009 - 05:05 PM.

#33 monstercat

monstercat

• HUDDLER
  • 5,961 posts

Posted 01 February 2009 - 08:17 PM

So everybody here is telling me that if you were a senior player that got about 5 minutes of PT a month if you're lucky, that you wouldn't take a dunk if you finally got the chance?

I call BS.

If it was one of the starters, I could understand the outrage about it, but a guy like Copeland has to take what he can get, when he can get it.

#34 CM86

CM86

aka Benjamin Linus

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 484 posts

Posted 01 February 2009 - 10:14 PM

So everybody here is telling me that if you were a senior player that got about 5 minutes of PT a month if you're lucky, that you wouldn't take a dunk if you finally got the chance?

I call BS.

If it was one of the starters, I could understand the outrage about it, but a guy like Copeland has to take what he can get, when he can get it.

i don't blame Cope at all for trying to score... but after he got up, trying to get in that dude's face was a stupid thing to do. He just lost his cool. Like he said, he should've just shot his free throws and got on the stat sheet.

#35 unicar15

unicar15

• HUDDLER
  • 3,631 posts

Posted 01 February 2009 - 10:50 PM

i was just reading that. i want to find the SOB that did it and break my foot off in their ass. that is just despicable, humiliating, and overall wrong. i hope to God that wasn't a UNC student, but if it is, the whole campus needs to beat some sense into he/she/they.

Who the hell else would it have been? I don't know if you went to Carolina or not but if you did you would know that most of them are rich, stuck-up assholes that have no sense of right or wrong. It surprises me not at all that the mural was defaced...I actually kind of expected it.

#36 Nicbsbll2

Nicbsbll2

• HUDDLER
  • 2,512 posts

Posted 01 February 2009 - 11:33 PM

the attempt of trying to get the dunk was classless and the hard foul that McCauley put on Copeland was just as classless....He could of been the bigger man and not commit the foul and let the media and fans start pointing the finger at Copeland for being classless just like Lawson 2 years ago

It was just a horrible situation that should have been avoided by running the clock out.

Also, whoever did that to the Yow Mural is lower than scum, and should be tortured until they cannot take anymore and then go one step further

Why will it not be treated as a criminal act??

As far as I'm concerned, Copeland had that foul coming when he tried to dunk with 2 seconds left. You can't expect McCauley to just stand there and let him try to humiliate us. He should've known better than to try to score, and then should've realized that and not charged at McCauley when he fouled him.

As far as the mural goes, it wont be treated as a criminal act because that mural is painted on the Free Expression Tunnel. It is there for anyone to paint anything that they want on it (hence, why the students that painted the anti-Obama statements in November didn't face criminal charges.)

#37 Tweeder

Tweeder

Hark the Sound

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,286 posts

Posted 01 February 2009 - 11:42 PM

As far as I'm concerned, Copeland had that foul coming when he tried to dunk with 2 seconds left. You can't expect McCauley to just stand there and let him try to humiliate us. He should've known better than to try to score, and then should've realized that and not charged at McCauley when he fouled him.

As far as the mural goes, it wont be treated as a criminal act because that mural is painted on the Free Expression Tunnel. It is there for anyone to paint anything that they want on it (hence, why the students that painted the anti-Obama statements in November didn't face criminal charges.)

nobody ever has a hard foul coming, he should have played the ball instead of trying to tackle him midair, and I do admit Copeland should have never tried to retaliate. Play hard, go after the ball and if he gets fouled then he gets fouled.......People can get hurt and sometimes have season ending injuries on hard intentional fouls....Like I said it should have never came down to that, because Carolina should have ran the clock out. I just still think it is just as classless for McCauley to intentionally foul Copeland hard when he could have been a bigger person about it. It is over though, and there is nothing that we can change about it, just agree to disagree.

I understand about the mural being in the Free Expression Tunnel, but damn I think they should do something if they find the person that did that, and make them make a public apology to NCSU faculty and students or at least something.

#38 tarheelpride

tarheelpride

Logic is optional

• HUDDLER
  • 2,918 posts
  • LocationMiddle of Nowhere, NC

Posted 01 February 2009 - 11:43 PM

Who the hell else would it have been? I don't know if you went to Carolina or not but if you did you would know that most of them are rich, stuck-up assholes that have no sense of right or wrong. It surprises me not at all that the mural was defaced...I actually kind of expected it.

well i do go there but i really don't associate with that crowd. i could imagine it would be a drunk fan or something. that sh*t was wrong and everyone i talked to said it was despicable and wrong. cancer ain't a joking matter and it damn sure it ain't fun and neither was the defacing. i hope their ass get kicked out of Carolina

#39 Nicbsbll2

Nicbsbll2

• HUDDLER
  • 2,512 posts

Posted 02 February 2009 - 12:09 AM

nobody ever has a hard foul coming, he should have played the ball instead of trying to tackle him midair, and I do admit Copeland should have never tried to retaliate. Play hard, go after the ball and if he gets fouled then he gets fouled.......People can get hurt and sometimes have season ending injuries on hard intentional fouls....Like I said it should have never came down to that, because Carolina should have ran the clock out. I just still think it is just as classless for McCauley to intentionally foul Copeland hard when he could have been a bigger person about it. It is over though, and there is nothing that we can change about it, just agree to disagree.

I understand about the mural being in the Free Expression Tunnel, but damn I think they should do something if they find the person that did that, and make them make a public apology to NCSU faculty and students or at least something.

I guess thats all we can do is agree to disagree.

I too wouldn't mind getting an apology from whomever painted all that stuff over the mural, but forcing someone to apologize for painting on a wall that was designated as a place for you to expression your own opinion just isn't right.

#40 monstercat

monstercat

• HUDDLER
  • 5,961 posts

Posted 02 February 2009 - 01:46 PM

i don't blame Cope at all for trying to score... but after he got up, trying to get in that dude's face was a stupid thing to do. He just lost his cool. Like he said, he should've just shot his free throws and got on the stat sheet.

Yeah, I agree that Copeland should have kept his cool, but I just don't see how people can be so outraged that the guy wanted to dunk when he got the chance. As far as I'm concerned, when the 3rd stringers come in the game, they're there to play ball ball. If the other team's starters can't stop them, that's their problem.

Also, did he ever even touch McCauly after that play?

#41 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 23,831 posts

Posted 02 February 2009 - 01:50 PM

If you're ok with him trying to dunk then I'm ok with the foul....I thought it was dumb on both sides.

#42 Htar

Htar

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 02 February 2009 - 07:56 PM

Well, I can see the argument about dunking on someone in the closing minutes of a game as being a little classless, but it's just as classless to to mug someone on that attempt. In the end it's supposed to be a rival.

#43 Nicbsbll2

Nicbsbll2

• HUDDLER
  • 2,512 posts

Posted 02 February 2009 - 09:30 PM

As I said earlier, if you're going to attempt to dunk with 2 seconds left when you've already got the game comfortably in hand, then you should expect a foul to be coming your way.

#44 PlayMoore!

PlayMoore!

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 267 posts

Posted 02 February 2009 - 09:41 PM

:beatdeadhorse5:

#45 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 23,831 posts