Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,889 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 04 January 2011 - 08:43 PM

Here's what I find interesting.

In the presser today, they said they hadn't had contact with him, and indicated that they had no intention of contacting him.

The same day, we got a story from an outside source saying that he's "not returning their calls."

So did they change their minds right after the press conference was over, or was somebody not being entirely honest?

#17 Dpantherman

Dpantherman

certified pee-on

• HUDDLER
  • 26,443 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 08:44 PM

Well knowing the Panthers they are probably calling his house.

mobile to mobile

#18 The Other Colbert

The Other Colbert

new

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,460 posts

voicemails:

#1 "Haaaay Mr. Harbaugh, just wanted to says congratulations on your Orange Bowl victory - Carolina Panthers"

#2 "Sooooo our bad about JR not knowing who the hell you are, call us back? - Carolina Panthers"

#3 "Still haven't heard from you, maybe you're having cell phone problems... we'd really like to talk to you - Carolina Panthers"

#4 "LOOK YOU F*CKER! we are trying to talk to you, answer your f*cking phone!! We heard about you and San Francisco!! *click*"

#5 "Sooooo sorrrrry about that last message, we just planned our whole life around you and now you've disappeared. We want you back!"

#19 Sam Mills Fan

Sam Mills Fan

The Truth Sometimes Hurts

• HUDDLER
  • 5,714 posts

Gee whiz, our front office lying? Stop the presses.

#20 mav1234

mav1234

• HUDDLER
  • 16,391 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 08:45 PM

In the presser today, they said they hadn't had contact with him, and indicated that they had no intention of contacting him.

The same day, we got a story from an outside source saying that he's "not returning their calls."

So did they change their minds right after the press conference was over, or was somebody not being entirely honest?

Or... What if Harbaugh, or someone near him, is Gantt's source?

and since JR blew the cat out of the bag, Harbaugh's people are now scrambling to make it look like it's not that the Panthers don't want him (which might drive down his value) but that he wants MORE than they'll pay...?

#21 Happy Panther

Happy Panther

Now even funnier.

• HUDDLER
  • 16,614 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 08:45 PM

Maybe it's because the owner is borderline retarded and has a single agenda of being a God figure for the owners.

After the press conference today i would run away from this team if i were Harbaugh.

Can't blame him.

I'm sure Cowher and Gruden have their cell phones off as well.

Maybe we can get a garbage assistant from the Cardinals. I'm sure that will get us right to the playoffs

#22 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 36,889 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 04 January 2011 - 08:46 PM

It definitely gives some perspective on JR's reaction if true. Seemed like a genuine but light-hearted "would love to talk to him, but he won't talk to us..." response.

If it's true because of his idea about the money, thanks to the national media, and Harbaugh could go f*ck himself, we'll just take his QB.

I don't buy for a second that Harbaugh would just go off what the media says about what we'd pay him.

If he knows anything about what we would or wouldn't pay, or will and won't give, it's because he got it from the source.

#23 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

The Thread Killer (Since 2004)

• Moderators
  • 14,688 posts

According to Gantt, it had already happened or was already in the works.

#24 Darth Urious

Darth Urious

Banned

• Banned
  • 3,437 posts

can I just sleep 11 straight days and wake up with a coach, and Andrew Luck declaring?

#25 panther4life

panther4life

• HUDDLER
  • 4,654 posts

Remember Jerry said he didnt know how to check his voicemails?

#26 CatMan72

CatMan72

KEEP POUNDING

• HUDDLER
  • 14,912 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 08:47 PM

It definitely gives some perspective on JR's reaction if true. Seemed like a genuine but light-hearted "would love to talk to him, but he won't talk to us..." response.

If it's true because of his idea about the money, thanks to the national media, and Harbaugh could go f*ck himself, we'll just take his QB.

That's exactly what I was thinking...

#27 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 36,889 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 04 January 2011 - 08:48 PM

Or... What if Harbaugh, or someone near him, is Gantt's source?

and since JR blew the cat out of the bag, Harbaugh's people are now scrambling to make it look like it's not that the Panthers don't want him (which might drive down his value) but that he wants MORE than they'll pay...?

Harbaugh himself? Doubt it.

Someone who knows him (say, Mike Lombardi, for example)? That I'd buy.

#28 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

The Thread Killer (Since 2004)

• Moderators
  • 14,688 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 08:49 PM

I don't buy for a second that Harbaugh would just go off what the media says about what we'd pay him.

If he knows anything about what we would or wouldn't pay, or will and won't give, it's because he got it from the source.

I'm sure he wouldn't either, being that he played here, but I'm sure it has jaded some candidates to a degree. And not just the media, I'm sure Foxy is letting anyone know how he feels that's willing to listen.

What I found really interesting is, there's only 53 guys on the roster each year during the season, not counting practice squad guys...

So, JR's reaction basically inferring that he didn't know him and sure he was a nice guy was awkward. So we had him for over a half season in the final year of a pretty good career and you didn't even meet him then? I just found that weird.

#29 CBDellinger

CBDellinger

CAMdamonium!

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 732 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 04 January 2011 - 08:50 PM

tin foil hats for everyone!

#30 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 36,889 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 04 January 2011 - 08:51 PM

According to Gantt, it had already happened or was already in the works.

But today, the team claimed to not be interested.

So did they just all of a sudden get interested after the press conference, or had there already been contact?

Which one sounds more believable?

I'm sure he wouldn't either, being that he played here, but I'm sure it has jaded some candidates to a degree. And not just the media, I'm sure Foxy is letting anyone know how he feels that's willing to listen.

What I found really interesting is, there's only 53 guys on the roster each year during the season, not counting practice squad guys...

So, JR's reaction basically inferring that he didn't know him and sure he was a nice guy was awkward. So we had him for over a half season in the final year of a pretty good career and you didn't even meet him then? I just found that weird.

Valid.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.