Photo
- - - - -

Harbaugh not returning our calls?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
130 replies to this topic

#121 mav1234

mav1234

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 04 January 2011 - 10:52 PM

Didn't JR essentially say in the presser one of the reasons Fox wasn't poo canned last year was because people don't like and complain about increases in ticket prices?
I don't think JR likes the fan base much. Might explain the restrictions on fan behavior in the stands as well.

He likes fans. You don't have the believe me, but having talked to him on the phone, I can tell he cares. He just also thinks he knows better than us and doesn't take kindly to ideas he thinks are stupid basically.

#122 FuzzyDuck13

FuzzyDuck13

HUDDLER

Posted 04 January 2011 - 10:53 PM

Didn't JR essentially say in the presser one of the reasons Fox wasn't poo canned last year was because people don't like and complain about increases in ticket prices?
I don't think JR likes the fan base much. Might explain the restrictions on fan behavior in the stands as well.

You're talking about a man that gives his adult sons a bedtime. That explains the stadium restrictions more than anything.

#123 Kevin Greene

Kevin Greene

I Don't Want To Get Off On A Rant Here But....

HUDDLER

Posted 04 January 2011 - 10:55 PM

You're talking about a man that gives his adult sons a bedtime. That explains the stadium restrictions more than anything.

Nice. :lol:

#124 Montsta

Montsta

Rest In Peace

Moderators

Posted 05 January 2011 - 12:22 AM

Don't know where my thread went, but this was just tweeted:

The incarceratedbob guy is supposedly a local radio guy there with thousands of followers so seems legit. A lot of people retweeting.

I listen to a lot of bay area sports talk radio during four hours of daily roundtrip commuting, and I've never heard of "Incarcerated Bob". Damon Bruce, JJ & The Mouth, The Razor & Mr. T, Rick Tittle, Chris Townsend. But never an incarceratedbob.

#125 Montsta

Montsta

Rest In Peace

Moderators

Posted 05 January 2011 - 12:30 AM

Also, if Harbaugh gets hired and has personnel control, how will he deflect media questions to the "Personnel Department" during pressers?

#126 Kevin Greene

Kevin Greene

I Don't Want To Get Off On A Rant Here But....

HUDDLER

Posted 05 January 2011 - 12:43 AM

Also, if Harbaugh gets hired and has personnel control, how will he deflect media questions to the "Personnel Department" during pressers?

When you win there is no need to deflect.

#127 Gazi

Gazi

SENIOR HUDDLER

HUDDLER

Posted 05 January 2011 - 12:50 AM

Posted Image

#128 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

HUDDLER

Posted 05 January 2011 - 07:06 AM

If Harbaugh is not coming here, I am fine with him going to SF.

My concern was more with Denver signing him.

With SF being the #7 pick, the ammunition needed to try and force an Eli/rivers situation would be too great. However if Denver got Harbaugh and Luck pulled an Eli, it could be plausible.

#129 carolinarolls

carolinarolls

Mel's brother Del

HUDDLER

Posted 05 January 2011 - 08:32 AM

Or... What if Harbaugh, or someone near him, is Gantt's source?

and since JR blew the cat out of the bag, Harbaugh's people are now scrambling to make it look like it's not that the Panthers don't want him (which might drive down his value) but that he wants MORE than they'll pay...?

sorry, don't mean to derail but LOL at "blew the cat out of the bag"

damn I needed that, carry on

#130 Mvp2014

Mvp2014

Phenom

HUDDLER

Posted 05 January 2011 - 09:04 AM

Based on some stuff I've read it sounds like Harbaugh wants full control over personnel and that's not something the Panthers are going to give him.

Yea because Harbaugh or any real coach is going to gut the team and build it to their liking. JR just wants a puppet that will go with the flow

#131 C47

C47

89...Panther for Life...

HUDDLER

Posted 05 January 2011 - 09:10 AM

Yea because Harbaugh or any real coach is going to gut the team and build it to their liking. JR just wants a puppet that will go with the flow

Pete Carroll made a TON of questionable moves in Seattle because he has personnel control. He also made some good ones too (drafting Earl Thomas instead of Taylor Mays in the first and taking a chance on Big Mike Williams) so take it for what it's worth.....