#1 Woodcookedbbq

Woodcookedbbq

Vinegar Based

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,347 posts
  • LocationGreenville, NC

Posted 04 January 2011 - 09:19 PM

I've been browsing other team's boards and a lot of them have been speculating that we'll be touting our #1 pick to lure a superior head coaching candidate here, which makes the job more attractive. I never really thought of that, but it makes sense. Thoughts on this?

#2 Jangler

Jangler

Its gonna be just like they say, them voices tell me so

• HUDDLER
  • 46,900 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 09:23 PM

Greg Manusky

Ron Rivera

Perry Fewell

so far so good...

#3 Woodcookedbbq

Woodcookedbbq

Vinegar Based

• HUDDLER
  • 2,347 posts
  • LocationGreenville, NC

Posted 04 January 2011 - 09:26 PM

Greg Manusky

Ron Rivera

Perry Fewell

so far so good...

That's what we've heard so far. And I'm expecting more names later on anyway.

#4 DaPeoplezPanther

DaPeoplezPanther

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 09:44 PM

It pains me to say this b/c I am a Falcons fan (also a panthers fan b/c i own a home in Charlotte)..but the best scenario would be to hire Falcons OC Mike Mularkey. You would have an offensive minded coach who could mold Cam Newton (who i pray the Panthers draft!!!) into what he helped create in Matt Ryan. Not to mention you would have a coach that knows EVERYTHING about a division rival (falcons) and is familiar w/ the division as a whole!

#5 Whitaker 24

Whitaker 24

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 09:59 PM

If panthers are using the #1 pick for coaches to come to Carolina, the coaches should say u better show me 2 #1 picks for that mess u all got.

#6 Real Emotional Trash

Real Emotional Trash

I

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 290 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 09:59 PM

It pains me to say this b/c I am a Falcons fan (also a panthers fan b/c i own a home in Charlotte)..but the best scenario would be to hire Falcons OC Mike Mularkey. You would have an offensive minded coach who could mold Cam Newton (who i pray the Panthers draft!!!) into what he helped create in Matt Ryan. Not to mention you would have a coach that knows EVERYTHING about a division rival (falcons) and is familiar w/ the division as a whole!

I'm sorry, I know I'm new here and everything, but this is the dumbest poo I've ever had the privilege of reading.

#7 dimbee

dimbee

Rabble Rouser

• HUDDLER
  • 7,884 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 10:03 PM

It makes sense that the fact the Panthers have the #1 pick will be part of the equation and conversation with HC prospects.

#8 CatfanMO

CatfanMO

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,506 posts
  • LocationKC Mo

Posted 04 January 2011 - 10:07 PM

This is what I see happening, and in this order

1. Luck and Harbaugh meet privately to give each other a heads up of their plans.
2. Harbaugh gets picked up. (Probably San Fran)
3. Luck declares for the draft
4. We sign our coach. (Probably Cowher)

#9 Chaos

Chaos

@chaos_cltsports

• HUDDLER
  • 8,748 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 10:18 PM

This is what I see happening, and in this order

1. Luck and Harbaugh meet privately to give each other head.
2. Harbaugh gets picked up. (Probably San Fran)
3. Luck declares for the draft
4. We sign our coach. (Probably Cowher)

fixed

#10 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

OWN the Line of Scrimmage

• HUDDLER
  • 17,537 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 04 January 2011 - 10:20 PM

Cowher is not coming here, should be pretty damn obvious by now.

#11 CatfanMO

CatfanMO

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,506 posts
  • LocationKC Mo

Posted 04 January 2011 - 10:23 PM

fixed

:D This is known info. I was trying to bring earth shattering info to the board.

Ok, I will let you all know some insider info that leaked from The Huddle. Zod is going to do a drawing. All active members name will be put into a bucket and the lucky winner gets to join Luck and Harbaugh in this meeting that you were talking about.

#12 2jakefansinva

2jakefansinva

Coach Jack Bolton

• HUDDLER
  • 4,561 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 10:24 PM

I'm sorry, I know I'm new here and everything, but this is the dumbest poo I've ever had the privilege of reading.

the first sentence should explain it all.

#13 CatfanMO

CatfanMO

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,506 posts
  • LocationKC Mo

Posted 04 January 2011 - 10:24 PM

Cowher is not coming here, should be pretty damn obvious by now.

Why is that? Do you think he is going back to CBS? All his "preferred choices" are all but taken. It may be now or never for the chin to get a job back in the NFL. I still think he is coming here. It all goes back to hearing what Harbaugh and Luck decide to do.

Edited by PeterGriffon, 04 January 2011 - 10:26 PM.

#14 DaPeoplezPanther

DaPeoplezPanther

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 10:26 PM

How is it dumb to attain a Coordinator as a head coach who has been in the NFL for a number of years, and has helped lead an organization from a 4-12 record to 3 winning seasons and 2 playoff births in 3 years (to include a 13-3 season consisting of wins over the Aints, Bucs, Ravens, Packers; not to mention #1 seed in NFC) ?????!!!! Not to mention you want to draft a QB, don't you think an Offensive-minded head coach would help mold that young QB?! Please explain your insane notion that this would be stupid...

And if you're referring to my desire to draft Cam Newton over Andrew Leaf, I submit this to you...Look at the teams Joey harrington jr has faced. Look at how he struggled against Oregon....lemme say that again...OREGON...not some defensive powerhouse!! 2nd half stats in that game for Andrew Leaf...0 TDS 2 INTS, BALL GAME LOST!!!! Now take a look at what Cameron Newton has done against ELITE DEFENSES like LSU, Alabama, South Carolina...CMON!! Oh and please dont bring up what Luck did to a defense that couldnt stop James Madison (VA tech)!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#15 FuzzyDuck13

FuzzyDuck13

• HUDDLER
  • 2,033 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 10:27 PM

We're not getting an established HC, we're going with another DC. Hurney sticking around and heading the search should have told everyone that.

We're literally looking for the next John Fox. Maybe JR is trying to drum up beer sales.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.