Photo
- - - - -

Using our #1 Draft Pick to Bait a Good HC

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
37 replies to this topic

#31 trucpfan

trucpfan

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 05 January 2011 - 12:01 AM

It pains me to say this b/c I am a Falcons fan (also a panthers fan b/c i own a home in Charlotte)..but the best scenario would be to hire Falcons OC Mike Mularkey. You would have an offensive minded coach who could mold Cam Newton (who i pray the Panthers draft!!!) into what he helped create in Matt Ryan. Not to mention you would have a coach that knows EVERYTHING about a division rival (falcons) and is familiar w/ the division as a whole!

Man this is ACTUALLY one of the smartest ideas I have ever read. Im not saying he's the best canidate but damn we know he can mold a qb from previous experience. Knowing your division inside and out is a major plus.

I'm sorry, I know I'm new here and everything, but this is the dumbest poo I've ever had the privilege of reading.

How can it be dumb Atl offense is extremely similar to ours. We are now looking for a young qb with a running game intact all we need is a solid TE to become an safety vavle for a young qb. We recievers intact not the greatest but we can win with them.

How is it dumb to attain a Coordinator as a head coach who has been in the NFL for a number of years, and has helped lead an organization from a 4-12 record to 3 winning seasons and 2 playoff births in 3 years (to include a 13-3 season consisting of wins over the Aints, Bucs, Ravens, Packers; not to mention #1 seed in NFC) ?????!!!! Not to mention you want to draft a QB, don't you think an Offensive-minded head coach would help mold that young QB?! Please explain your insane notion that this would be stupid...

And if you're referring to my desire to draft Cam Newton over Andrew Leaf, I submit this to you...Look at the teams Joey harrington jr has faced. Look at how he struggled against Oregon....lemme say that again...OREGON...not some defensive powerhouse!! 2nd half stats in that game for Andrew Leaf...0 TDS 2 INTS, BALL GAME LOST!!!! Now take a look at what Cameron Newton has done against ELITE DEFENSES like LSU, Alabama, South Carolina...CMON!! Oh and please dont bring up what Luck did to a defense that couldnt stop James Madison (VA tech)!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Im not sure if Luck is the man or not we can't predict that but Cam has definately seen MUCH better defensives but I think either qb if drafted can benfit from a very good offensive mind HC like Murlarkey

#32 mmmbeans

mmmbeans

FBI SURVEILLANCE VAN

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 05 January 2011 - 12:39 AM

Jeff fisher. Bahahahahahah!

#33 trucpfan

trucpfan

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 05 January 2011 - 12:59 AM

I guess since you responded to me, I'll answer you.

1. Being a fan of two teams in one division is a bit ridiculous. I live in Georgia, that doesn't make me a Falcons fan. Likewise, having a house in Charlotte doesn't make you a Panthers fan. To be a fan of two teams in a division is to take all of the fun out of enjoying sports. The enjoyment of following a team is to follow its rollercoaster type year, not just hop over and cheer for another team in the same division. What do you do when they both play? You win no matter what? Asinine.

2. Mike Mularkey isn't that spectacular and I'd much rather have Rivera. His offense relies on curl routes, checkdowns, and everything else uninteresting about sports that won't ever get the Falcons over the hump. I'm not saying he's not all right, but that's not what I was calling you out for in terms of retardation. I wouldn't hate Mularkey here, but he's certainly not some amazing coordinator that's a must-have. He's not the only part of that coaching staff to help that team get wins.

3. Why exactly would we want a division rival coordinator anyway?

4. Peyton Manning's last bowl game was 180ish yards, a pick, and a loss. What a bust, yeah? The only defense that Cam Newton's had to read is his own in a court for theft. He's not required to make any reads, and nothing suggests he knows how. Luck showed that he can read progressions, make checkdowns, and create big plays out of blown ones.

I don't care how many exclamation points you use, it doesn't make you right.

Since you wrote this garbage I'll respond to you its been a minute since Ive been here since I was out the country for over a month but Im back bitches. But seriously,

1. Who cares if the kid is a fan of two teams let's focus on the point.

2.Rivera is definately a fine canidate to consider but lets be clear did you see thier schedule this year they played the NFC WEST and they're in the AFC WEST hmmmm can you say weak azz competition. Losing to Seattle wow St Loius hmmm Rivers threw for like 400 plus in both games but they got out scored. Losing to Oakland twice sheesh and the Bungles man come on. :smilielol5: What Im seeing is that stats wise they looked good but couldnt stop a team when it counted most.

Of course Murlarkey isnt the only component to help them win that sounds retarded we ALL KNOW THAT but if you watch football like me I've seen Atl come back including this year many times by driving down the field for a go ahead score when it counted most Balt this year N.O. this year oh yeah Green Bay this year calling great plays when it mattered most.

3. Why get a division rival man this is a business we want wins by any means possible this isnt high school I dont give sh*t where you come from. Someone who knows his opponent inside and out did you see Eric Mangini and the browns vs the amazing NE patriots this year enough said.

4. Im on the Luck bandwagon but at the same time I feel Cam can make big plays very similar to Josh Freeman Luck may be a little ahead of him now but you never know whats going to happen in the future. Look at Joey Harrington last bowl game monster numbers in the fiesta bowl some people have good bowl games some have bad you never know what they will be in the PRO'S.

#34 TylerVagyler

TylerVagyler

SUPPORTER

Posted 05 January 2011 - 01:54 AM

No to Murlarkey.

#35 DaPeoplezPanther

DaPeoplezPanther

ROOKIE

Posted 05 January 2011 - 09:43 AM

You realize you're basically saying...
"Luck isn't that good! Look at what happened in that ONE GAME vs Oregon! Look at what happened in that One game vs James Madison! You can't say Luck is good because of ONE GAME! Only I can do that!"

You're right! i am referring to one game...B/C THAT WAS THE BEST TEAM LUCK HAS FACED IN HIS ENTIRE COLLEGE CAREER. Cmon Son?! Are we seriously going to annoint luck given the lack of competition he's faced?! Like I said facing ELITE defenses, and in an offense where he primarily runs, Cam Newton THREW as many TDs in the regular season as luck did against those High Schools he played at Stanford...

#36 DaPeoplezPanther

DaPeoplezPanther

ROOKIE

Posted 05 January 2011 - 09:44 AM

Since you wrote this garbage I'll respond to you its been a minute since Ive been here since I was out the country for over a month but Im back bitches. But seriously,

1. Who cares if the kid is a fan of two teams let's focus on the point.

2.Rivera is definately a fine canidate to consider but lets be clear did you see thier schedule this year they played the NFC WEST and they're in the AFC WEST hmmmm can you say weak azz competition. Losing to Seattle wow St Loius hmmm Rivers threw for like 400 plus in both games but they got out scored. Losing to Oakland twice sheesh and the Bungles man come on. :smilielol5: What Im seeing is that stats wise they looked good but couldnt stop a team when it counted most.

Of course Murlarkey isnt the only component to help them win that sounds retarded we ALL KNOW THAT but if you watch football like me I've seen Atl come back including this year many times by driving down the field for a go ahead score when it counted most Balt this year N.O. this year oh yeah Green Bay this year calling great plays when it mattered most.

3. Why get a division rival man this is a business we want wins by any means possible this isnt high school I dont give sh*t where you come from. Someone who knows his opponent inside and out did you see Eric Mangini and the browns vs the amazing NE patriots this year enough said.

4. Im on the Luck bandwagon but at the same time I feel Cam can make big plays very similar to Josh Freeman Luck may be a little ahead of him now but you never know whats going to happen in the future. Look at Joey Harrington last bowl game monster numbers in the fiesta bowl some people have good bowl games some have bad you never know what they will be in the PRO'S.

Thank God! Someone with some Sense!

#37 C47

C47

89...Panther for Life...

HUDDLER

Posted 05 January 2011 - 09:47 AM

You're right! i am referring to one game...B/C THAT WAS THE BEST TEAM LUCK HAS FACED IN HIS ENTIRE COLLEGE CAREER. Cmon Son?! Are we seriously going to annoint luck given the lack of competition he's faced?! Like I said facing ELITE defenses, and in an offense where he primarily runs, Cam Newton THREW as many TDs in the regular season as luck did against those High Schools he played at Stanford...

Newsflash Pac 10 is 11-9 head to head against the SEC the last 12 years. Seems like the weak ass Pac 10 is better then you think.....

#38 TarPanther9180

TarPanther9180

Ready for football

HUDDLER

Posted 05 January 2011 - 09:48 AM

Didn't Luck play USC and Oregon a few times? Newton is a product of a system. Newton will be the next Andre Ware. I would rather have a QB that has had a lot of success in a pro style offense at the collegiate level than a product of a one year success in gimic offense