• Please log in to reply
103 replies to this topic

#16 Jaxel

Jaxel

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,304 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 11:55 PM

I thought the whole pie chart thing was interesting... if you took offense in that... you need thicker skin lol.

#17 Phil

Phil

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,749 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 04 January 2011 - 11:55 PM

i only saw the edited video. it seems like everyone is overreacting unless panthers.com cut all the good stuff out???

#18 Pox 08

Pox 08

Luck of the Fryrish

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,011 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 11:57 PM

I liked it. The poor media over the years has finally woken up a sleeping Giant. Richardson won't take their poo. They should have interviewed Fox if they wanted the cheap dime store, feel good responses.

#19 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

The Thread Killer (Since 2004)

• Moderators
  • 15,947 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 11:58 PM

I thought the whole pie chart thing was interesting... if you took offense in that... you need thicker skin lol.

No I didn't take offense to it, but I didn't need a pie chart for it either, I could understand what he was saying without it. Again, my concern was more with his attitude throughout it.

And I don't think the media or women's right groups rallying behind Fogarty is necessary or cool. It was clear she was fine with it, even there, and he wasn't being intimidating with it... My concerns were pretty much everything else.

So I guess I didn't agree with Bonnell 100% as far as the treatment of Fogarty.

#20 Grammer

Grammer

Troll. Ignore Me.

• HUDDLER
  • 2,371 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 11:59 PM

JR took shots at Gantt? I need to see this poo, now

#21 X-Clown

X-Clown

Positive Polly

• HUDDLER
  • 5,351 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 11:59 PM

Darin gantt has been known to act like a condescending douche to panther fans who disagree with him, so I don't feel bad in the least that Jerry served it back at him.

#22 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

• Administrators
  • 13,610 posts
  • LocationILM

Posted 05 January 2011 - 12:02 AM

Me thinks JR has a proud old man.
WHo has a VERY dry sense of humor.
And NO patience for bullshit.

#23 Taom82

Taom82

was that danny woodhead?

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 161 posts
  • LocationHell's Outhouse

Posted 05 January 2011 - 12:03 AM

watched it live.

I'll admit I was surprised by his bluntness, but wow......

I don't want a smiley face put onto the current situation for the sake of good soundbites. No need to be politically correct. That will do nothing for the team. Reporters have been taking shots at him all year, no surprise he got fed up.

Wasn't anywhere near as offensive as some of the previous posters (or article) would like to make it out to be.

#24 mav1234

mav1234

• HUDDLER
  • 16,609 posts

Posted 05 January 2011 - 12:06 AM

Question: "JR are you cheap??" JR: "No, I paid fox 11 million." Question: "But how do we KNOW you won't be cheap?" JR: "You stupid fug does it look like I'm cheap?" reporter: "N-no sir!"

fug em, I loved it.

#25 Taom82

Taom82

was that danny woodhead?

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 05 January 2011 - 12:06 AM

Me thinks JR has a proud old man.
WHo has a VERY dry sense of humor.
And NO patience for bullshit.

well put.

......grow some skin....
......get laid...

nothing to whine about here

#26 CosmoGirl

CosmoGirl

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,355 posts

Posted 05 January 2011 - 12:09 AM

pretty much what i took from the press conference.

Did he get a "heart transfer" from a cheap dickhead?

ftfy

#27 Debil

Debil

Stop the insanity

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 623 posts

Posted 05 January 2011 - 12:10 AM

Reporters protecting Reporters.

This. ;)

JR took shots at Gantt? I need to see this poo, now

He called him "Darian" at one point :lol:

#28 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

The Thread Killer (Since 2004)

• Moderators
  • 15,947 posts

Posted 05 January 2011 - 12:11 AM

I'm not saying I was sitting there with my jaw dropped in disgust. I actually laughed at a few of the things he said, but simultaneously, I was thinking "wow, this isn't the JR I remember."

Afterward, some of it did seem offensive because of the context. I'm sure he was pissed about the "cheap" comments, but that was mostly national media, not local, yet he chastised the local guys for it.

And after not talking to the media in this many years, I don't get how everyone was saying he was blunt... Many of the questions he laughed off or joked around and didn't answer directly.

Someone still should acknowledge that there was some dishonesty in there somewhere about the Harbaugh "contact" question... At least it wasn't full disclosure it appears.

I'm all for jokes and fun, but today I wanted more answers than jokes. I heard someone mention earlier on the radio today that someone should've asked about Smitty's situation. Yet, I think the media was so shellshocked, that if they had that question in mind, they quickly forgot it.

I know most of us are on one side or the other of this issue, and most likely won't agree with the other side... But, I just wanted to express how I saw it. I really will feel a lot better about JR depending on how the coaching situation and drafting goes...

Edited by Proudiddy, 05 January 2011 - 12:13 AM.

#29 CosmoGirl

CosmoGirl

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,355 posts

Posted 05 January 2011 - 12:13 AM

i only saw the edited video. it seems like everyone is overreacting unless panthers.com cut all the good stuff out???

Listened to it live. It was embarrassing. If he soooo needed to know who everyone in attendance was, he needed to come in prior to the conference to find out or have a camera with a feed to his pre-conference area and someone brief him.

As someone from here on twitter said, he sounded like that old, drunk uncle.

#30 Taom82

Taom82

was that danny woodhead?

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 05 January 2011 - 12:16 AM

In no way shape or form should/do I want him to say anything about the coaching search. We will be fine watching the press conference. If we know it, everyone knows. Pretty basic concept.

Coaches/Owners aren't gonna tip their hands as far as the off season goes, nor should they. Why people expect certain subjects discussed in public is beyond me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com