• Please log in to reply
255 replies to this topic

#91 natty

natty

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,670 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 09:35 PM

fug I've been dowloading since 6:30 and am only at 50%. I have also severely underestimated the potency of 90 min IPAs.

#92 Seamonk

Seamonk

kekekekekeke

• HUDDLER
  • 2,053 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 10:15 PM

I started a fresh playthrough with femshep on 3 without using my broshep me2 save. I wanna see how the devs decided to handle people new to the franchise. For certain things that you may not understand, a lot of it is explained in conversation. Any other info can be found in the codex.

#93 chris999

chris999

• HUDDLER
  • 5,015 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 06 March 2012 - 10:30 PM

Honestly, just play the first two. It's worth it. The games are excellent and if you play them in quick succession together you will be able to pick up on just how tightly woven the narrative is.

You can play 3 without the first two but I don't think the story would be nearly as compelling nor the interactions with certain characters being as interesting.

I have only played the first one, but not the second. The Reapers are fuging cool.

If you think that the story is better from there I will probably catch up and play 2.

#94 Brandon

Brandon

Everything and Nothing

• HUDDLER
  • 2,296 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 02:06 AM

I have only played the first one, but not the second. The Reapers are fuging cool.

If you think that the story is better from there I will probably catch up and play 2.

You should be fine story wise if you play from ME1, as that is where most of the significant groundwork is from, but a good deal of storyline characters in ME3 so far are from ME2. It's really up to you, I think ME2 is really worth playing through.

One thing to note, the combat is borrowed pretty heavily from 2 so if you like to play on harder difficulties, I highly recommend starting with 2 first since it eases you into the water a little easier.

#95 chris999

chris999

• HUDDLER
  • 5,015 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 07 March 2012 - 03:40 AM

You should be fine story wise if you play from ME1, as that is where most of the significant groundwork is from, but a good deal of storyline characters in ME3 so far are from ME2. It's really up to you, I think ME2 is really worth playing through.

One thing to note, the combat is borrowed pretty heavily from 2 so if you like to play on harder difficulties, I highly recommend starting with 2 first since it eases you into the water a little easier.

From what I understand, the gameplay in ME2 changes somewhat from ME1. I really liked ME1 because of the RPG elements in it, but I heard that they changed the gameplay for 2, and that it is much more action oriented, and less RPG strategy? Is this true?

I will probably skip it altogether if they removed the RPG elements. What is your opinion on this? Is it true? and how much so?

#96 Seamonk

Seamonk

kekekekekeke

• HUDDLER
  • 2,053 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 06:52 PM

It's true. In me1 you got xp for everything you killed. in me2, you only get xp for completing missions and finding collectables. They went from a purer-RPG in me1 to a more action-rpg in me2. They're sticking with the action rpg concept in me3. It's still an RPG, but it's less about being able to grind and more about completing tasks. with ME2 and ME3's combat, you shouldn't have much problem on lower difficulties. It feels more like one of those dungeon completion rpgs. Clear all foes in specific area, move up, rinse and repeat.

#97 Kettle

Kettle

I'm Stainless.

• HUDDLER
  • 13,161 posts
  • LocationThe Brew Wing

Posted 07 March 2012 - 07:48 PM

I've heard its 3rd person. Pass

#98 Kuech Da Sneak

Kuech Da Sneak

As long as we aren't 32.

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 883 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 07:27 PM

Whoever was talking about playing the first two before 3, I highly recommend you do that.

Once you play the first two, you'll realize how bad ME3 is.
Jennifer Hepler can eat a dick.

#99 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 15,144 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 08:23 PM

I'm liking it so far. About 24 hours in and just about half way through the main storyline.

Overall the dialogue writing isn't as good as the first and second, but there are certainly some powerful moments.

#100 Seamonk

Seamonk

kekekekekeke

• HUDDLER
  • 2,053 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 01:45 AM

I'm only like 9-10 hrs in. I like it. Unfortunately they're trying to drill into your head that the reapers are attacking and 90% of the dialogue is about the reapers..

However, if you find some of the hidden gems like the Blasto 6 poster and some of the dialogue/stories of people talking on the citadel, those are really good. Each time you go back to the area, they'll continue on the story. I've probably spent about half my playtime just listening to those.

Also, did any of you guys get a glitch while trying to do the Hanar Diplomat thing? The terminals were inaccessible for me. I'm playing on PC.

#101 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 15,144 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 06:20 AM

Worked fine for me.

Did you do it before or after the Tuchanka stuff? Continuing priority missions before you do the available Citadel missions can render them incomplete sometimes. (Not a glitch, just can't go back as events unfold). I always exhaust all sidequests and Citadel missions before every priority mission.

#102 Miaoww

Miaoww

• HUDDLER
  • 2,730 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 06:02 PM

Just finished ME2 to get me in the mood for ME3 - getting poo from my crew for turning over the Collector base to t'IM.

I was going to DL it on the PSN, but it's £50! I can get it on Amazon for £39 - that's silly. Guess I'll have to wait until tomorrow.

#103 Seamonk

Seamonk

kekekekekeke

• HUDDLER
  • 2,053 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 10:28 PM

Worked fine for me.

Did you do it before or after the Tuchanka stuff? Continuing priority missions before you do the available Citadel missions can render them incomplete sometimes. (Not a glitch, just can't go back as events unfold). I always exhaust all sidequests and Citadel missions before every priority mission.

I did it before Tuchanka. I looked up the mission and a lot of people are having problems with it. I could go into the spectre terminal and activate tracking but it wasn't letting me goto the terminals and get the info. I just continued since it was a side mission.

#104 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 15,144 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 11:10 PM

39 hours played, 1 side mission left and 5 priority missions.

Then I get to re-play as an asshole.

#105 carpanfan96

carpanfan96

play hard, hit harder

• HUDDLER
  • 10,756 posts
  • LocationConcord, NC

Posted 10 March 2012 - 12:08 AM

I've had it since the midnight release and I still haven't played it. I'm not sure if I'm going to play it or not though, I might take it back and get my 85 dollars back that I payed for the Collectors edition.

I started the 2nd one over to get back into the mood and it killed it for me..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.