Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Andrew Luck Question #3289

27 posts in this topic

Posted

1. Luck has until January 14 to declare.

2. He cannot be contacted until he declares.

3. Unlike the NBA, once you declare, there's no going back.

4. Like I stated above, the Panthers will not negotiate until a new CBA is in place, from JR's mouth directly.

Therefore, when Luck is drafted, there will be no contract in place because the CBA, which governs contract negotiations and conditions, will no longer exists after March 1.

15th not 14th and yes you have till the 18th to change your mind. I was not talking only about money but have Morrison or Hurney call tell them about the organization and why he would like it here.

Posted

1. Luck has until January 14 to declare.

2. He cannot be contacted until he declares.

3. Unlike the NBA, once you declare, there's no going back.

4. Like I stated above, the Panthers will not negotiate until a new CBA is in place, from JR's mouth directly.

1) False, It is January 15

2) True

3) False, he has 72 hours to declare that he wants to go back to college

4) True

Posted

1) False, It is January 15

2) True

3) False, he has 72 hours to declare that he wants to go back to college

4) True

72 hours would make it the 18th if he declares on the 15th.

So there's at least a week and a half of nerve wracking to take place.

Posted

yes.

Posted

yes.

I wish I could just pull myself away from NFL news, and these forums until after then, but I don't think I will manage. There will be so much speculation taking place between now and then.

Posted

It makes no difference whether it's the 15th, 18th, or February 1 with the 72 hour "right to cancel" option.

The CBA is dead on March 1, the draft is in late April. Without a CBA, nobody who gets drafted or who does the drafting will have any legal leg to negotiate a contract.

Therefore, the draft is just that- a draft and nothing else. Nobody will have a contract who isn't currently under one until a new CBA is in place... period.

Posted

It makes no difference whether it's the 15th, 18th, or February 1 with the 72 hour "right to cancel" option.

The CBA is dead on March 1, the draft is in late April. Without a CBA, nobody who gets drafted or who does the drafting will have any legal leg to negotiate a contract.

Therefore, the draft is just that- a draft and nothing else. Nobody will have a contract who isn't currently under one until a new CBA is in place... period.

That has nothing to do with what I asked but thanks for repeating yourself on every post.

Posted

Why is Jbro allowed to post?.He sucks.

Posted

You know I honestly believe if there really is something Andrew's thinking about, THIS is it. I don't buy into the not wanting to play for the Panthers. I think this is what scares him most, and yes JR didn't do him any favors by saying what he said.

In other words if the above is true, your are saying Luck could be looking at a similar contract if he declares now, as that he would get if he was top draft pick next year.

Now THAT may be a reason for him to stay in school, especially if he is confident enough in his abilities to maintain his top draft pick next year. But, that is a big IF for him. Either way it appears Sam Bradford was the last guy to benefit from this structure, and Luck may come to us for cheap.

Sounds like JR is pretty much telling him, "Hey we will pick you, but don't expect a 50 million dollar contract. Take it or leave it."

And you know, I kind of respect JR for that. At least JR was honest enough to let him know what to expect. He's sticking to his guns, and he wants the rookie overpayment to stop.

Posted

Why is Jbro allowed to post?.He sucks.

Not as good as your sister.

Posted

Where do you think she learned?

1 person likes this

Posted

You are a great teacher!

1 person likes this