Photo
- - - - -

So who's next? Searching for a Carolina QB

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
92 replies to this topic

#91 mav1234

mav1234

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 07 January 2011 - 10:34 AM

Draft Cam, sign McNabb and let him mentor Clausen/Newton helping either one of them for the future.

That is a possibility. I worry that possibility is minimal due to character issues as discussed in another thread.

Gabbert is a possibility, too. I know a lot of us haven't heard of him but the reality is that he is skyrocketing in value right now. He is considered to be the #1 QB now by many scouts.

I think if JR is serious about changing the team's philosophy it has to start in the draft. However, he can accomplish that outside the #1 pick, so we'll see.

#92 Millions

Millions

#ThankYouBasedCam

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 07 January 2011 - 10:39 AM

That is a possibility. I worry that possibility is minimal due to character issues as discussed in another thread.

Gabbert is a possibility, too. I know a lot of us haven't heard of him but the reality is that he is skyrocketing in value right now. He is considered to be the #1 QB now by many scouts.

I think if JR is serious about changing the team's philosophy it has to start in the draft. However, he can accomplish that outside the #1 pick, so we'll see.

McNabb can do for them what he did for Vick.

On some of those mock sites (post Luck's decision) have been saying Gabbert's stock will rise after workouts and the same for Cam. I just hope we look at all options defense and offense get the best player. But as you said all of JR's comments seem to point to him wanting to change the teams style. Will be an interesting offseason to say the least even without Luck.

#93 mav1234

mav1234

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 07 January 2011 - 11:58 AM

Gabbert's stock is already ridiculously high on some sites; he's the number 1 QB now for Kiper & McShay. McShay projected him at #5, and that was when Luck was going #1. There is a real possibility he moves up.

Locker is kind of the dark horse. He was expected to battle Luck for the #1 spot all the way. In fact, I think Locker's decline is part of why Luck skyrocketed. Locker has many of the tools, but I worry about another QB that is under 6'3"... though I'm sure his release is better.

Gabbert hasn't taken many snaps under center, which is a problem for him being selected here. However, spread QBs didn't do terrible coming out last year, at least the pass-oriented ones, so you never know...