Photo
- - - - -

refs gave that game to pittsburgh

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
138 replies to this topic

#131 bleys

bleys

Simple and Plain

SUPPORTER

Posted 02 February 2009 - 08:20 PM

You are proving my point.

well, you are right. People would be crying in every thread. As they are now about the Steelers beating the Cardinals, Cardinals beating us, Fox and all there is to blame him for, etc, etc, etc... People complain and cry regardless, so you have a very easy point to make.

However, my point was being directed towards you having no respect for Harrison. I think you may be blowing it out of proportion a bit. You have every right to do whatever you feel and speak your opinion, that's fine. But I still think you're making it out to be worse than it was. In the heat of the moment on the football field, there are going to be some things people would take back if they could. And we get to sit on the couch and judge them for every little thing they do. It's easy for us, because we act like we know what it's like out there.

We put ourselves on a pedestal and say, "we would never do this or that." I beg to differ. I'd say we would be MORE prone to it because we aren't professionals on the field. However, which of us are honest enough with ourselves to admit we couldn't handle things on the field with as much professionalism as a professional athlete?

#132 Punisher

Punisher

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 02 February 2009 - 08:27 PM

well, you are right. People would be crying in every thread. As they are now about the Steelers beating the Cardinals, Cardinals beating us, Fox and all there is to blame him for, etc, etc, etc... People complain and cry regardless, so you have a very easy point to make.

However, my point was being directed towards you having no respect for Harrison. I think you may be blowing it out of proportion a bit. You have every right to do whatever you feel and speak your opinion, that's fine. But I still think you're making it out to be worse than it was. In the heat of the moment on the football field, there are going to be some things people would take back if they could. And we get to sit on the couch and judge them for every little thing they do. It's easy for us, because we act like we know what it's like out there.

The kicker for the situation for me is, people have said "I'm a Steelers fan but that is crossing the line of tough play" I've seen more Steelers defend him saying the other guys chop blocked him. But a surprising amount agreed with Madden in that he should have been tossed.

It wasn't playing hard and tough. It was petty.

#133 bleys

bleys

Simple and Plain

SUPPORTER

Posted 02 February 2009 - 08:29 PM

The kicker for the situation for me is, people have said "I'm a Steelers fan but that is crossing the line of tough play" I've seen more Steelers defend him saying the other guys chop blocked him. But a good many agreed with Madden in that he should have been tossed.

It wasn't playing hard and tough. It was petty.

I don't know if I'd call it petty. In the heat of the moment, these things happen. People have opinions, so they can defend or criticize, but you will prob'ly see this again. Don't go losing respect for every player that loses their cool. This is a very physical game. There is a reason they play 16 games in a season rather than 100.

It's an extremely physical game and people make mistakes. We are human after all. It's not like he stepped on the guys head.

We can sit on our soapbox all day. But that doesn't make us right...

Edited by bleys, 02 February 2009 - 08:32 PM.

#134 Steel Panther

Steel Panther

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 02 February 2009 - 10:25 PM

With the exception of the body blow while the player is bent over, this is just good football...is there a rule that states when a player has "fallen and can't get up" that you have to let him up? Football is NOT a game of mercy, people. Until the Panthers realize that (and all other pansy-whiners) your teams will always be steamrolled and smashed in the mouth by the Steelers, Ravens, et. al. I am a STEELERS fan, have been all my life. I'm old enough to remember to the old Steelers-Raiders blood brawls of the early seventies. I love the Panthers, too. I believe the Harrison penalty was called correctly because of the shot to the back, but it was unworthy of an ejection. It's hypocritical for some of the same folks arguing about the number of penalties ("let them play") to argue FOR Harrison's ejection. Just sayin' is all!

#135 Snake

Snake

Rivera did What???

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 02 February 2009 - 11:13 PM

:hand:

http://blogmedia.the...FL RULEBOOK.pdf

According to the NFL rule book, from Rule 3, Section 21, Article 3:

Note 1: When a Team A player is holding the ball to pass it forward, any intentional movement forward of his hand starts a forward pass. If a Team B player contacts the passer or the ball after forward movement begins, and the ball leaves the passer’s hand, a forward pass is ruled, regardless of where the ball strikes the ground or a player. This rule can be revoked at any time or place if deemed necessary to keep the spread in favor of the bookie.

Fixed it for ya. :cornut:

#136 pantherclaw

pantherclaw

Wise Ass

HUDDLER

Posted 03 February 2009 - 11:42 AM

what a bunch of sour grapes.

#137 PanthersFanInGA

PanthersFanInGA

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 03 February 2009 - 05:19 PM

Oh really! Then why did you change your post?? LMAO

If I had wanted to I could have reported it instead of saying something.

Because I realized that this thread wasn't even in the smack forum.

#138 top dawg

top dawg

The Creative Cat

HUDDLER

Posted 03 February 2009 - 06:23 PM

what a bunch of sour grapes.

I know. I thought it would have been closed by now.

#139 Paintballr

Paintballr

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 04 February 2009 - 12:33 PM

Did anyone also notice on the last play that Arizona let Pitt get to Kurt with a 3 man rush and what? 5 blockers? If Arizona had kept Kurt clean the last call would not even be a issue.