• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 11,893 posts

Posted 01 February 2009 - 10:43 PM

Even had the X Clown play on Fitz's TD.

Not exactly the same game plan and MO, but similar paths.

#2 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,172 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 01 February 2009 - 10:44 PM

Can we please move on?

#3 OneBadassCat

OneBadassCat

• HUDDLER
  • 5,082 posts

Posted 01 February 2009 - 10:44 PM

Yea but at least we had bojangles on the flight home.

#4 MurkN

MurkN

Simple And Plain

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,609 posts

Posted 01 February 2009 - 10:45 PM

They picked a good game to not kick the ball out of bounds on the kickoff

#5 goodlay

goodlay

Moore than a backup

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 542 posts

Posted 01 February 2009 - 10:45 PM

Yeah, it's exactly the same, really. No one thought they had a shot in the post-season, I even remember a good amount of analysts picking the Cowboys to come into our house and beat us in the first round. They peaked at the perfect time and got extremely hot in the post-season and defied all odds. Then they faced a heavily favored team in the SB and almost won but fell just short.

#6 Kyle82

Kyle82

• HUDDLER
  • 3,783 posts
  • LocationRock Hill SC

Posted 01 February 2009 - 10:46 PM

Their fan base will be talking about this game for years :banghead:

#7 Brandon

Brandon

Everything and Nothing

• HUDDLER
  • 2,296 posts

Posted 01 February 2009 - 10:47 PM

No the Cards actually had one of the best NFL QB's to play the game, no running game, and no defense. I can't even see how you can compare the two.

#8 stankowalski

stankowalski

A Hard Walker

• HUDDLER
  • 3,668 posts

Posted 01 February 2009 - 10:47 PM

What pisses me off is that Al and John kept talking about what a great Superbowl this was...and it was...but I seem to remember something posted somewhere where our Superbowl was ranked one of the ten worst. Our Superbowl was just as good as this one.

#9 2jakefansinva

2jakefansinva

Coach Jack Bolton

• HUDDLER
  • 4,423 posts

Posted 01 February 2009 - 10:50 PM

Their fan base will be talking about this game for years :banghead:

Good for them.

#10 goodlay

goodlay

Moore than a backup

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 542 posts

Posted 01 February 2009 - 10:50 PM

No the Cards actually had one of the best NFL QB's to play the game, no running game, and no defense. I can't even see how you can compare the two.

In the regular season? Correct. However, they pulled a 06 Colts and turned on in the post-season. The running game wasn't huge tonight, but it did fairly well throughout the post-season, and as for the defense, they played lights out until that last drive.

#11 Seamonk

Seamonk

kekekekekeke

• HUDDLER
  • 2,053 posts

Posted 01 February 2009 - 10:54 PM

What pisses me off is that Al and John kept talking about what a great Superbowl this was...and it was...but I seem to remember something posted somewhere where our Superbowl was ranked one of the ten worst. Our Superbowl was just as good as this one.

Ten Worst? where have you seen that? I only see it in top ten lists. Al and John still said it fell short of last year's superbowl.

Anyway, I would have to agree with Delhommey on the superbowl itself. Game started slow Arizona couldn't get anything going.. they started to get some things going in the second quarter. Nothing really happened in the third quarter and EVERYTHING blew open in the fourth. They put themselves in a position to win the game but the defense let up at a bad time to a team that already won the superbowl in years earlier. Like us, they lost to a team with a young quarterback who had already been there done that before. The rhythm and fire of the game on both sides was the same as our game.

#12 the big joke

the big joke

• NEWB
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 February 2009 - 11:01 PM

its good to see them suffer

#13 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

The Thread Killer (Since 2004)

• Moderators
  • 14,277 posts

Posted 01 February 2009 - 11:06 PM

Actually, Jake played like one of the best QBs in the league in our Superbowl. Obviously, it appears he regressed in the last couple years (especially this year). This was a great Superbowl, and yes, the Cardinals did look just like the 03 Panthers. And their season ended in a similar disappointing fashion. Good Superbowl, but I don't think it matches ours.

#14 Frash Brastard

Frash Brastard

The Frashmaker

• HUDDLER
  • 13,073 posts

Posted 01 February 2009 - 11:15 PM

wonder how the thought process about this goes....

"uh, let's see, underdog team, game goes down to the wire and they just lose, and...DEJA VU!!!"

#15 RockECU

RockECU

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 669 posts

Posted 01 February 2009 - 11:19 PM

Couldn't agree more.. Was thinking this as the game ended... What a heartbreaker for the Cards...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.