97 replies to this topic

#31 DevilCat

DevilCat

Two States One Team

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 663 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 07:36 PM

Thugs ****** purses. Thugs beat people up. Thugs Shot people. Thugs have no regard for rules or consequences.

.....Kinda like......Marcus Vick?;)

#32 CatMan72

CatMan72

KEEP POUNDING

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,173 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 07:37 PM

You know what, I think we could use a couple of "thugs" on this team right now... this is football, it's a brutal sport played by people who for the most part are not very nice.

#33 DevilCat

DevilCat

Two States One Team

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 663 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 07:39 PM

^H3ll yeah....Jack Tatum comes to mind.....one hit and it's lights out!

#34 The_Cannon

The_Cannon

Tickle Me & Rub My Belly!

• HUDDLER
  • 3,308 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 07:39 PM

.....Kinda like......Marcus Vick?;)

EXACTLY like Marcus Vick

#35 CatMan72

CatMan72

KEEP POUNDING

• HUDDLER
  • 15,173 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 07:42 PM

...but for the record, I don't think anything Cam has done qualifies him as a "thug".

#36 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 15,930 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 09:01 PM

I feel that if Richardson really IS a man of character like the image he wants to present, he would realize that people make mistakes in college and as young adults, and that a 20 year old doing something dumb in college is waaaayyyy different than a NFL vet getting a DUI, or gun charges, or sexing up a girl in a bathroom stall in Georgia.

this is what i was going to say. if Richardson is a man of character, he won't outright reject someone because they made a mistake as a kid.

if you want to reject Newton because of "character issues," it's you who has the issue, not him.

#37 MWCarolina

MWCarolina

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,378 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 10:08 PM

Lol a thug really? Because cheating on a test is as bad as it gets.

the cheating has some question his intelligence. the quarterback is supposed to be the smartest player on the team and if he cant pass a test in school i bet some coaches would worry about him running their offense.

As for Newton, i dont see them taking Newton either, mainly because, it's not Richardson's style, plus i bet Newton will want 80-85 million dollars and i dont think Richardson will bite on that, BUT it wouldnt surprise me if he did take Newton because of how Vick is playing and THINK that Newton is going to run like Vick does.

#38 jtnc

jtnc

Resident Asshole

• HUDDLER
  • 13,465 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 10:25 PM

the cheating has some question his intelligence. the quarterback is supposed to be the smartest player on the team and if he cant pass a test in school i bet some coaches would worry about him running their offense.

As for Newton, i dont see them taking Newton either, mainly because, it's not Richardson's style, plus i bet Newton will want 80-85 million dollars and i dont think Richardson will bite on that, BUT it wouldnt surprise me if he did take Newton because of how Vick is playing and THINK that Newton is going to run like Vick does.

WTF are you talking about? Running an offense isn't that what he's already doing? And how do you know how much money he would want.

#39 MWCarolina

MWCarolina

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,378 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 10:32 PM

WTF are you talking about? Running an offense isn't that what he's already doing? And how do you know how much money he would want.

running a PRO STYLE NFL offense where he would have to make reads and outsmart defenses, similar to how Manning does. As for the money, it's likely he will want more money than Bradford and if i'm right Bradford had 6 year, 78 million dollar deal. Most new picks want more than the guys before them.

#40 bleys

bleys

Simple and Plain

• ALL-PRO
  • 15,497 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 10:35 PM

most of you hating on Cam have no idea what you are talking about..

just letting you know. :)

#41 MWCarolina

MWCarolina

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,378 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 10:46 PM

most of you hating on Cam have no idea what you are talking about..

not hating, just criticizing the quarterback, did the same for The Golden Calf of Bristol on other sports message boards and honestly i am a MAJOR The Golden Calf of Bristol fan, but i said that his mechanics needed major work and the offense he played in wouldnt help him and i hated how he ran over players in college when he cant do it in the pros.

#42 CAPantherFan

CAPantherFan

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 351 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 10:49 PM

I agree I don't think JR would draft him but.....

What if Cam lights up the combine and kills wonderlick (sp?). What if he's all of a sudden the talk of the draft?

The one thing Cam has which is why we're all talking about him is some serious, and I mean serious potential - yet such a risk.

This reminds me of when I picked up Vick off waivers last year towards the beginning of Fantasy Football. Told my buddy this very well could be game changer. Wasn't sure but knew if he got hot and took Kolb's place and ran for all those TDs I may win league.

Guess what? I won the league. :ciappa:

#43 bleys

bleys

Simple and Plain

• ALL-PRO
  • 15,497 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 10:50 PM

I haven't read much of this thread, I'm talking about anyone making thug comments..

#44 Lakejamescat

Lakejamescat

Help is on the Way

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 177 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 10:50 PM

Cam Newton is too versatile to pass up in my opinion. I just don't see this draft being one in which the number one pick would bring much in return but I hope I am wrong about that.

#45 PanthersGuy28

PanthersGuy28

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 627 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 10:54 PM

Hopefully Cammy will light it up in the combine and Hurney and Richardson will make the fanbase - well a lot of the fanbase happy - and take him. His motion is slow, but I think he is talented enough to get that fixed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com